Nearby Lubbock, Texas (Air Miles)
Hub City Brewery
4215 S 289 Loop
Lubbock Christian Univers
Whalers Bay Restaurant &
Shadow Hills Golf Course
Sams Club 4303 W Loop 289 (Located To Block)
Elm Grove Golf Course
Lubbock, Texas

1   1   1   3
no  no  no  yes
no  no  no  yes
This place is a dump and they don't care. It stays pretty full with locals during summer weekends and that is all they care about. They told me that most of the sewer connections don't work (don't know if they know which do and which don't). Lots of parties (rude, loud, drunks) and trashy grounds are about all it has to offer. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This place is horrible. The pictures are clearly Photoshopped. The pull-throughs you share on some, and they are very tight. People are allowed to park wherever they want to, and if that means they want your front yard area, they take it. Trash everywhere, food thrown on ground. I will stay in a motel before I stay in this dump. Avoid it, not worth the money. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I have been to many campgrounds, including working in a campground for 2 years. This is the worst place I have ever stayed. The ground was covered in old chicken bones, food, and other trash, and the bathrooms haven't been cleaned in a long time. It is obvious people go outside cause they don't want to go in the bathrooms. The few good points are they are open all night for registration, and there is a lake right there, although it's about what you would expect for West Texas. The RV spots look better; the tents were terrible. We camped here in a Tent.
Display older reviews for Buffalo Springs Lake

question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
I just came back from my first stay at Camelot in Lubbock, and I thought it was a really nice RV park. The pads are concrete and very level, with a large number of pull throughs. Utility and sewer connections were also easy to access and clean. There's a decent number of trees (at least by Lubbock standards), and a reasonable amount of space between pads. The staff in the office was very friendly and accommodating when I needed a little bit of a late checkout. The pool area seemed nice, though we didn't use it. It's quite a large park, with a lot of permanent residents, but most of the residents are toward the back of the park. The short term pads are near the front, and the front part of the park seems clean and well-kept. Some of the ones in the back were a bit junky looking, but as a short-term stay, you don't have to go back there. Overall, I enjoyed it, and I plan to stay here any time I come back to Lubbock. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
We tried to spend the night in a 35" rig. Very confusing entry and if you follow the signs to the office, you are going to wind up in a dead end, take the car off and turn around situation. The office closes at 5:00PM. When we called the office number, we were assigned a circular pull through, and told to stick the money in the door. When we found the spot, it was on a slope too steep for my jacks to handle. I departed and found another park. This one is adequate, mostly permanent residences, all facilities. I just won't stay here anymore, too much of a hassle when there is a really good park right around the corner. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
I have to disagree with previous reviews. We camped here in a 25' travel trailer and didn't have any problem navigating the park. They accept credit cards now. There are usually a few sites reserved for short term campers. The sites are fairly level. They don't have Wi-Fi available. This is a very convenient place to stay when visiting Lubbock. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park
October 2014

yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
yes  question  yes  question  no  question  yes  question  question  question
October 2014
Great park. Lots of full timers, but very convenient if passing through. Easy access. Spots level. Some of the nicest bathroom/showers you will ever use. Call first though to make sure he has some spots. Only reason not a 10, no cable. Sam's is down the street. Will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Used this park as a 1-night stopover. Got a discount for paying cash. Pull-through site was easy-in, easy-out, with toad. Staff was very friendly. Would definitely consider staying here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed at park for overnight stay on the way through town. My wife and daughter had doctor's appointments the following day. It was fine for overnight stay. WiFi wouldn't work that night, but worked fine the next morning. Staff was friendly and allowed late checkout for $5 fee because wife's appointment was next afternoon. A little traffic noise as it is right next to loop, but was not a problem with air conditioners on. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Loop 289 RV Park
October 2014

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes
October 2014
This is a typical KOA with friendly staff and similar to most other KOAs. Light sleepers beware there is a train track close. My only other complaint is this park owner needs to buy a chain saw. The trees are grown over his KOA sign and you nearly miss the entrance. On arrival there are low hanging limbs every where. I have a normal big rig and I could not miss several limbs no matter where I drove in the street. After I got to my site #80 I could not get in because two trees stopped me. Nice staff moved me to another site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Lousy location due to road and train. Needs updating. Lacked in grounds maintenance. Short sites, planks are a hazard. Needless to say, I sure didn't like it! Internet slow and it's pick a number to access with your devices. People living here too. About the only good things I can say is it's only $27 or so per night with KOA membership and there are some shade trees. Would have much rather paid more and got more. Pool was "closed for maintenance". We camped here in a Motorhome.
Pretty standard KOA, but not much for your dollar, as the pool and hot tub are being repaired as of May 31. There is a small play ground for kids. Sites are gravel/dirt and reasonably level, but if you have a satellite dish on top of trailer or coach, make sure you get a site without a tree blocking your signal. WATCH OUT FOR THE MOUNTAINOUS SPEED BUMP ENTERING AND LEAVING. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and so were the permanent residents we met there. Sites to see in Lubbock: Don't miss these two museums, Silent Wings and Ranch Heritage Association; both are fairly close to the park. We'd stay here again, but would probably select a park on the south side that has a fishing pond. Our rig is 34' long. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lubbock KOA

question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question
question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
We have stayed here a couple of times and found it to be a pretty nice park. Staff is helpful and friendly. Sites are easy access and average size. Wi-Fi is spotty but about the same as other parks we have stayed in. We haven't actually used the Wi-Fi because it is not free (except for a short initial period). There is some noise from the airport but not enough to be a real problem. Had a couple of helicopters come right over the park during the night and it will wake you up. The dust that another reviewer talked about is a constant in Lubbock. Of the parks we have tried in Lubbock this has been the best. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Access right off the highway was convenient for getting in/out and for exploring the city; not good for walking dogs though. There is 17 acres in the back of the park that they encouraged us to walk our dogs,placed us right on the edge, and said that we could let them off leash if we wanted. Big sign out front says pool, but it was not open and didn't look like it had for a while or would be again anytime soon. Note, it is approaching 90 degrees in April in TX. Community building was showing signs of age, but was clean. It had laundry, TV, library, and bathroom/shower rooms (check the TP first though!). Management was nice; he even remembered what spot we were in every time we came in to extend our stay. We got stuck for 4 extra nights due to high winds which resulted in those 17 acres in back as the source of a dust storm. If you are there in the spring, you may want to stay in a spot between other RVs. We thought it so cool when we got there that we only had neighbors on one side, HA! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2013
Lubbock was one of the places I wanted to visit as we travel across the US. I found a few good reviews of the Lubbock RV Park and decided to stay here. We stayed in Lubbock for three days. We arrived without reservations and they checked us in in only a few minutes. They gave us a nice spot in the back away from the highway. The spot had a large paved area where were able to setup our RV. This RV park had water, sewer, and electric hookups. The nightly price was very good, and the Wi-Fi was spotty. I was unimpressed by the laundry facility; they should upgrade their machines. Although next to a busy highway, an airport, and a train line we slept very well during our stay. None of these produced enough noise to be a bother. Would I recommend this park? Absolutely. Would we come back? Absolutely. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lubbock RV Park