Nearby Lumberton, Texas (Air Miles)
100 N Lhs Dr
1100 N Hwy 96
Thompson Lake Park (Approx)
4145 N Dowlen Rd
Hoffbrau Steaks
Exxon (Loc Unk)
Kountze
Wal-Marti-10:861A 1350 N Main (Located To Block)
Big Thicket National Pre
1615 I-10 S (Located To Block)
Lamar University
March 2013

yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
March 2013
This is a great smaller campground in a large park. Sites are a bit at an angle for water control, but paved and smooth. Fire boxes all have benches placed closely for a good view. The trails, though marked, are still a bit confusing, but show a lot of the beauty of the park. Trees are tall and offer great shade. We loved it here and would come back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2013
This is a lovely state park, not too far off Highway 10, and well worth the extra miles that it took to get there (not long). It has lots of nice trees (which of course I love) and nicely spaced campsites. We are camping with a friend, and we were able to park right next to each other. Not too many people out and about at this time of year. There is vegetation growing between the sites for more privacy. The people who checked us in were very friendly and welcoming. My only complaint about that was the strong unpleasant smell of cigarette smoke. Yuck. Seems to me people should not be allowed to smoke in that kind of public building. That's the only reason I gave it a 9 vs. a 10. There are great hiking trails, a ton to do. Beware, however, there are ticks galore for the dogs! Make certain you check your pet over and treat with tick stuff before arriving, and then check all your own cracks and crevices. They love to be between your toes. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2012
This is great park if you love to paddle and hike. It also has some great walk in camp sites right along the river. Staff is very friendly. The sites are not very level and I would think a big rig would have to be selective about a site. Not only is it not level but its difficult to back in. I am in a 24 foot class C and I wasn't able to get level. The electric and water sites also have tent pads, fire rings. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Village Creek State Park