Nearby Madisonville, Texas (Air Miles)
Wal-Marti-45:142 1620 E Main (Located To Block)
Home On The Range Rv
November 2012

yes  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
yes  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
November 2012
My husband works in the oil field, and we have stayed here a few times as there are no other RV parks in the area. The facilities look awful but are relatively clean. The sites are hit or miss on a good spot. Some are terrible, uneven, ants, and awkward positioned spots. Some are even, grass, clean, and shaded. The owners allow their dogs to run loose and bother you, but I have seen them kick someone out because their dog was not on a leash outside their RV. Owners are nice as long as you comply to all their requests. This place lacks organization of tracking your stay and payment. Wifi is not good. An overnight stay is fine, monthly stay... I was always ready to leave. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
January 2012
Just off I-45, brings quiet a bit of road noise, but not enough to be an issue. Laundry/Restrooms/Showers building looks like hell, but they are clean. Owners pets (at least three dogs) are running loose and it appears no one picks up after them. Also had 7 or 8 chickens walking through the park, with a very loud rooster. Yes, I said Chickens! Restaurant on site, serves really good food and super staff. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011
The only positive thing about this CG is it's the only one in the area, and if you need a spot this is it. It looks like any construction ideas were started but stopped half way through several years ago. Semi shaded site with full hook ups. Good Sam discount wasn't applied as the computer wouldn't accept it. Next time I'll keep driving. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Home On The Range RV Park