206577 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Meridian, Texas (Air Miles)
Texas Safari Wildlife P
Texas
Meridian
Meridian State Park
2011-05-15 21:10:23
Meridian, Texas
April 2010

April 2010
This park is very serene and city park-like. The sites are on grass and not all sites appeared to be level. The campground is just a couple of blocks from town and could easily be walked to. It is a pretty basic campground. The bathrooms/showers are in a small, barn-like structure and are pretty basic. The night we camped here, we were the only campers aside from the camp host. There are only a few sites which appeared to be large enough for big rigs. It's a nice place for an overnight stop. We travel in a 38' footer. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2011

8   4   10   9   7   5
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  no  yes  yes  yes  yes
May 2011
Very nice small state park. There are 8 pull-through sites with full hookups (30amp) that most any size of RV could fit in with some maneuvering needed on 2-3 of them. More sites with only water and electric and are back-in. Has cabins/shelters also. Arrived on Wed and only one other unit was occupied. Weekenders arrived Friday and the park was near full. Still, not noisy, no late-night parties. Lots of kids and dogs and all got along. Lake is small but fishable I hear. Good getaway from DFW for weekend: only 70 miles from south edge of Fort Worth. Texas Parks pass will save $5/day in/out fee. This is an old CCC constructed park that has been kept up well. NO TRASH that I could see and the rangers/staff were friendly. Lots of open areas to walk dogs and only a minor amount of soft burrs to bother them. Each FHU site has an aluminum table, charcoal grill, fire ring and lantern hangers. Not much to do in Meridian (2 miles) or Clifton (15). There is no ATT reception, but I hear Verizon works. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2010
There was a lot of trash all over this campground. Trash in the weeds, trash on the trails. Dumpsters were overflowing and there were massive amounts of flies everywhere. The park rangers are very strict: making us remove our Pepsi cans from their cozies to prove it wasn't beer. This happened in broad daylight, about 2-3 hours after arriving. My 8 year old was told she had to throw her flowers on the ground before he could leave our campsite. They also have a strict 10PM quiet policy and if they hear you at all, they will come to you. I have stayed at a lot of parks and never had park rangers ride us about any infraction they could find. I could understand if we were a nuisance, but we certainly were not doing that. We were a family of married couples, grandparents, grandkids, not a bunch of rowdy drunks. I had been warned by others about this park but didn't believe it till I saw it with my own eyes. I will never visit this park again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2010
Exceptionally nice state park! The Park staff are very nice and informative. They are really proud of their park and have good reason to be. The sites are pull through and have a fire ring, lantern pole, picnic table and a waist high BBQ grill. Each pull through site has water, electricity and sewer connection. Plenty of shade around the picnic table and plenty of room for an extra vehicle at the site. The facilities are starting to show some age but are in good shape, well stocked and kept clean. It rained while we were here and the camp host came by each site with plenty of time before the storm a let everyone know it was coming so we could prepare. That is a nice thing to do, so you don't lose an awning to the wind and have time to get everything outside put away. The trails are very nice and the Lake is beautiful, clear water with plenty of tables near the water. My family enjoyed the park very much and will go back whenever possible. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Meridian State Park