Nearby Odessa, Texas (Air Miles)
Globe Of The Great Southw
Heroes Waterworld
Manuel'S Crispy Tacos
Freightliner Of Odessa 8006873381
4210 John Ben Shepherd Pky
Sams Club 4230 John Ben Shepherd Pky (Located To Block)
The University Of Texas O
Odessa, Texas

5   8   10   7   9   8   9   10
question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
A flat dirt campground apparently mainly used by local workers. Access roads are mix of asphalt, gravel, and dirt. Sites are mostly dirt and are rutted and unlevel both front to back and side to side, but not so much that it is impossible to get level. Pull thrus were long enough for 37’ motorhome with tow still connected with room to spare. No shade, no landscaping except for wild growths here and there. Utilities are spread the length of the pull thru so it may be problematic to hook up to all of the utilities depending upon the length of hoses, power cables, etc. Power ok (this with both a/c units running in 100 degree temperatures), wifi ok (reasonable speed and stability), moderate Verizon LTE signal (3 bars). Did not use the other utilities. Very friendly people running the place and very responsive to an issue with wifi connectivity when we first arrived. We will look elsewhere when next we travel along I-20 in Texas. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Keep in mind - you are in Odessa, TX. West Texas. Land of oil and sand. Now, with that in mind, we loved Mesquite Oasis. Hosts are super, facilities were clean, sites were large and easy to access and the long-term residents were friendly. We needed it for only an overnight and it was perfect. If you have to be in Odessa, don't hesitate to stop here! We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
The amenities this park offers are wonderful. The staff is very caring and helpful. I love the duck pond and our pups really enjoyed them as well. Comparing to other RV parks we seen in the area there is no comparison. The view outside of the pond ain't great, but it is desert, oil field, Texas. Loved the place will stay again if in area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Mesquite Oasis RV Park

yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question
This is by far the nicest park in the area. They have grass, flowers and trees. All of which is hard to find in the area's campgrounds. The staff is nice and friendly and the office is open when they say it is open. I like the fact that they provide a picnic table and have a little playground for the kids to play on and burn energy. The owners have done a very nice job keeping the place nice and clean. I would highly recommend this place if you need a campsite in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Needed an overnight stay while passing through. Called and they had space for us. A real surprise once you turn into the park - very well kept - nice - with lots of amenities. Park host was so nice and hospitable. Due to water issues they provided a case of water for us. Really nice people and a good place to stay. Will definitely stay there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
Price reflects Good Sam discount. We called and were told we could have a site for 2 days, then the park was booked. We were told that their well was bad, not to use it for drinking or cooking and that we would be given a case of water when we checked in. It’s all oil workers here and they have cars/trucks all over the place. Difficult to get around corners. WiFi is free, but very on and off - mostly off. We went to office to ask if it was faster there and were told it should be the same all over the park. Staff didn’t seem concerned at all about the lack of internet. This park should only be used by the oil workers. We didn’t look at the washroom/shower facility as it was so cold out and we were too far away to go out in the icy weather. It’s a dirty, dusty park. I would not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Midessa Oil Patch RV Park

question  no
question  no
The office is never open and they will not answer the phone. I could not even reach them to pay my rent. The next place that became available I took it and left Permian RV. The owners even live on site and they don't care much about appearance or improving the property. If you are OK with only a pot hole dirt pit than this is your place. The only positive thing I could say about this park is that it was pretty quiet at night. There is just weeds everywhere on the RV spots, and the washer/dryers and some of the vending machines did not work for the four weeks that I was there. I would recommend that you keep looking for a different place to stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2013
This park is expanding. The owners live on site and are very involved in upgrading the park. Right now they have a laundry room and a game room. Wi-Fi is available for an additional monthly charge. I paid $450/month for a full hook up site with utilities included. This is a nice park out of the city limits. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
January 2012

question  question
question  question
January 2012
Most of the residents were full timers working in the area. The landscape is littered with rubbish. The roads and sites are all dirt that get very muddy when it rains. There is a diner up front with WI-FI access and a small store that sells food, RV supplies, and sundries. The laundry room has 3 washers/3dryers and the cost is $1.25 per load of laundry (to wash and dry). This park is isolated in West Odessa but has easy I-20 access. Water is supplied by a water tower, and we did lose water for about 12 hours while I stayed there. Management is working on improvements to the park, and the surrounding area including getting WI-FI to the park and increasing the number of sites. I stayed at this park for a week until I could get a site another park in the area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
My husband and I moved here for the oil boom and did not know where all the campgrounds were. The ones we did call were booked up. I found Western Sky online, called and she took my deposit over the phone to hold the spot for us. When we pulled in to this place, all we saw was TRASH, DRUNKS and STRAY ANIMALS!! We both looked at each other and at the same time said, "We have to find another RV park". We ordered a burger in the front cafe. (Although we are smokers) the person cooking was smoking a cigarette while making our burger. We have two small chihuahuas that we stand outside with when they go to the bathroom, but had to go outside first and inspect the place to make sure there were no stray animals to come and attack our pets. There were 3 washers and 3 dryers; 3 washers worked and only 1 dryer worked. The campers are butt to butt with maybe 2 foot between each of them, and every evening we would hear talking, laughing, yelling, etc. from people standing outside drinking their beers. We stayed for 6 days, just long enough to get another RV park. I guess we did have electricity. I wouldn't recommend this place unless it was the last place Odessa had open!! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.