206622 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Port Isabel, Texas (Air Miles)
Marcello'S Italian Rest

yes (Ocean)
question  yes
question  yes
March 2012
This is a difficult park to rate. We did not enjoy it, but it was, for the most part, neat, clean and had amenities that many will find attractive. We were excited when I stumbled across the website for Long Island. I wish I had read it more carefully. This is NOT an RV resort. It is a park model community. If an owner has an unimproved lot, it can be put in a rental pool for RVs. So, we were parked in along with the multitude of park model/permanent residents. Some sites are on a canal, but they are not available in the rental pool To us, part of the fun of RVing is visiting with other RVers, so this could not happen in this instance. Check in was slow, the young lady in the office could care less if we were there or not. I had to ask for a map of the area to be able to find our site. The site was large enough with fairly decent grass. Your unit must be self contained since there are not restroom facilities available. My husband walked across to the golf course and said it was in really bad shape, so we did not play. We saw lots of others playing while we were there. It would probably be a great place to live, but it is not what we look for in an RV resort. It is a very secure park with a guard at the gate at all times. We were told that Long Island was formerly affiliated with the Outdoor Resort Parks. It must have been decades ago because it is nothing like the OR Is that we are familiar with. It was a very disappointing and expensive week. Actually, we paid for a week and left after 5 days. We normally avoid the KOA parks, but there is one located across the causeway that would have been much better choice for us. We will not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2011
This is a member-owned park where everyone owns their site. When the sites are not occupied the management rents the site out. Even during the peak of the snowbird season there were plenty of sites available and several for sale as well. This is a beautiful park with many amenities including an on-site restaurant. Very friendly staff, immaculately groomed landscaping and they have their own 18 hole golf course! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2013

yes (River)
7   7   1
question  question  no
question  question  no
February 2013
The campsites are close together, but it is in a very convenient area to South Padre Island. The wi-fi internet worked wonderfully (quite fast, and I never got bumped), and I can't say that about too many parks. The electrical power and water worked perfectly, too. The "Winter Texans" were very nice and friendly in this park. The park was a bit shabby looking, so I would not want to spend months here, but at $24 a night for 3 nights, this was a bargain. This is a very dog friendly park which is nice. It had some grass, and I was welcome to walk wherever I wanted with my dog as long as I cleaned up after him. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2011
Although older and somewhat crowded, We like this park because we are right on the river looking at shrimp boats. Overflow sites are gravel and grass, 30 amp, water, very friendly staff. For a short interesting stay it is adequate. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2009
Old dirty park. Sites very close and run down. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.