206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby San Marcos, Texas (Air Miles)
Wonder World
January 2014

question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
January 2014
This is a preliminary review since we just got here and first impressions last forever. The place is right on the interstate frontage road with construction of some sort next door. A continuous beep, beep, beep is irritating. I expect it will be quieter tonight. The main office is where a guests should be treated well. First, approaching the door, the sign says " No vehicle washing" note vehicle is misspelled. Then we walk in and some old man is kicked back in my grandpa's recliner. He asked if we were coming or going. Well, we just pulled up in front of the door with a motorhome and tow facing in so he must have been asleep. He works himself out of the lazy-boy and gives me my receipt, which was prepaid. I asked him if i was disturbing him. He gave me a map of the park with a highlighted route to my site. We got no other info on showers, wifi, etc. So, I get in my site and my motorhome and tow is filthy from rain and mud in my travels. I decided that I would wash the car regardless since it was so dirty I couldn't see through the glass. I did a half-fast job and only washed the front and part of the sides. I was so afraid that the car wash cops would bust me but I was quick and frugal with the water. Good thing, it is going to be about 35 degrees tonight and I would have been happy to sleep with the windows open and all my electric heaters on. I'll be here a week and will write a more thorough review when I check out. Meanwhile, this place is a one star resort. Oh yeah, a resort? Hardly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
We stayed in this park for four nights after being flooded out of another park. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating. There were several flood refugees who needed a place to stay. The owner went out of his way to get everyone in he could. Park is very clean, level sites with concrete pads. Easy in an out with our 38ft RV. Bathrooms and laundry room very clean. The down side is the concrete plant behind the park. It starts operating very early in the morning with a lot of equipment noise. We did not use the WiFi. We would stay again if passing through the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2013
The pads are the most level I've seen in ten years. Water pressure is not high enough, about 35 psi. Electric was solid and L1-L2 voltage was very close to each other. Plug was in good shape. Cable is solid but, only a couple of HD channels. The owner is polite enough, but difficult to engage in conversation. The other comments about noise are correct. Like most, we've stayed in a lot of parks near freeways, railroads and even under the approach end of an air base. But, for some reason the freeway noise is LOUD! Probably due to heavy truck traffic 24 / 7. Knew it going in so you cannot knock it. The pet walk is small and clean, but watch your dogs closely as the bushes near it are prime rattler areas. A lot of semi permanent residents, but all of them were kept up and very neat. We'd stay again anytime we're in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Canyon Trail RV Resort
March 2014

question  question  yes  yes  no  question  question  question  yes  question
question  question  yes  yes  no  question  question  question  yes  question
March 2014
Very clean. Friendly staff. Pull-through site was level with plenty of room. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
We spent three nights here while getting work done at the local Camping World. Nice park overall. Even though we were parked right next to the entry gate, there was little or no annoying noise at night. I moved our toad away from the back of our RV because of concern for entry vehicles. We might come back the next time we are in the San Marcos area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Park was flooded Oct 31, 2013. Check status before going. Until the flood, this was a beautiful park, in a quiet river front setting. Most sites are shaded and all have lots of room for big rigs. The owners were very attentive to detail and were in the process of implementing many improvements throughout the park. We sincerely hope they are able to rebuild, as we would very much like to revisit this wonderful spot. We did get to enjoy it for 2 weeks, and we were among the lucky ones who got their rigs out in time. Our heartfelt condolences go out to those who lost their campers or possessions. Fortunately, no one was injured. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Pecan Park Riverside RV and Cabins
2001

2001
Very nice park. Clean and friendly. Well placed between Austin and San Antonio. Near a giant outlet mall. Sites could be a little wider, but the park is well laid out for an older park. We camped here in a camper.
August 2011

August 2011
When we came to this part of Texas for a job. This was a very reasonable place. Good place for workers that have self contained RV's since they don't have restrooms or showers. Very nice people and next door to the Three Dudes Winery. Less than 2 miles outside of town. The rate I gave was monthly and we would stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.