220651 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Glendale, Utah (Air Miles)
Texaco
Glendale
Bauer's Canyon Ranch RV Park
2014-07-26 20:35:21
Glendale, Utah

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes
This park is very well located for visiting Bryce, Zion, Cedar Breaks, and the city of Kanab. The sites are not terribly wide and privacy is slim. However, it is family run and very well cared for. It is bound to be a treat in October to pick the apples which they offer to campers. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a small Mom and Pop campground. The roads and sites are gravel. You will need to level your RV/trailer unless you luck out and find the sweet spot on that space. Wi-fi is iffy. Cell phone coverage is non-existent. No cable and I was not able to get any TV reception. I would stay here again for a night or two. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Although the sites were close together, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owners were really friendly. The bathrooms and showers were clean. We chose this campground because of its proximity to Bryce and Zion. We arrived at this campground after spending the day visiting Bryce. The next morning we visited Zion. After spending most of the day at a very crowded Zion, we really enjoyed the t-bone steaks that we purchased from the owners and a nice quiet evening away from the crowds. The steaks were so good we purchased more to take home. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Bauer's Canyon Ranch RV Park

question  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question  question
question  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question  question
The clerks kept talking to each other and asking me to repeat during my phone reservation and they never once mentioned that this was no longer a KOA site when I gave them my KOA card number. It is still shown as KOA in the Allstays iPhone app. First site I had to pull in going forward to get the utilities on the right side but then my truck was facing a hill and so steep that I could not unhook the hitch. Going backwards I could not have reached the sewer. They moved me to a second site without sewer and reimbursed the difference. Not ideal but at least this one I can unhook the truck and visit the parks. Wi-Fi is weak but no worse than most campgrounds. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We stayed here so we could visit both Bryce and Zion. If you don't stay in the National Parks then this is a great option. It has a beautiful view with a mini Bryce National Park view at your back door. A stream on one side and horses in the pasture. The sites aren't the most level but there are trees and we had a 34 foot 5th wheel and had a nice pull-through site. The sites are a bit close together. No cable here. We will def stay here again because of location and the park-like setting vs. a lot of the other places with no atmosphere We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Our gravel pull-thru site was moderately unlevel, mostly front-to-back but was wide enough for all our slides and long enough for our 40 foot and toad. The grass between sites had not been mowed for a while which hid the fact that ground is very rough, uneven, and difficult to walk on. I spent some time trying to find the sewer connection which turned out to be an uncapped hole covered with grass. There were trees between sites but fortunately none blocked our satellite TV since there is no cable TV. No 3G/4G but basic cell phone coverage was okay. WiFi was reasonably fast and the owners were responsive about fixing it when it was down. Maintenance has been neglected and frankly the campground is run down and tired. We chose this park because it is about halfway between Bryce Canyon and Zion National parks and for this purpose it was convenient for us. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Bryce Zion Campground