206926 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Wanship, Utah (Air Miles)
Sams Club 1313 University Ave (Located To Zip)
East Canyon Resort-
Wal-Marti-80:145 6545 N Landmark Dr (Located To Block)
The Canyons
2013-10-15 22:42:27
Wanship, Utah
October 2013

9   7   10   9   10   10   10
question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
October 2013
The rate reflects a site with water and electric. There are several RV camping areas in this park. The only one that has electric is Juniper, which is almost at the end of the park road. There is a dump station. The park is fairly convenient to Interstate 80, but does require about 7 miles of driving on curvy roads after you exit I80. Unfortunately, the park does not have any maps posted, so we found it a bit confusing to find our way around at first. The campgrounds are well appointed, with picnic table, grill, fire pit, and shelter, and they are well kept. When we were there the lake was very low, but, even with that it is a beautiful area and nice park. During our stay there were only a few other campers, but reservations are likely advisable during the warmer months as the park is close to Salt Lake City. Juniper loop did have a campground host, but this area closes at the end of October. The other, non-electric sites are open year-round. There is a nice 2-mile hiking/biking trail. Our Verizon phone worked well and the data MiFi worked very well with 4G. We had planned on staying in this park for one night, but liked it so much that we lingered for an additional night. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
A very quiet and scenic State Park. May have a problem finding a level site though. One of the few places I had to dig out my leveling blocks. Nice individual shower units and restrooms. I would have given it one point higher rating but you have to drive all the way around the lake to get to it, then all the way back around to get out of there all the while you are thinking "if they only would have put the road on top of the dam, I'd be there now". We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
I happened upon this state park by accident, and I am grateful that I did! It's a beautiful park, with many camping opportunities surrounding the lake. Juniper Campground is the location that I parked, in a pull-through site overlooking the lake. The park is clean, well maintained, and nicely appointed with gazebos covering picnic tables, a grill and nice big fire-pits. The camp host was very accommodating and friendly--delivered firewood upon request and made sure that all was well within the campground. I would definitely stay there again, and highly recommend this place. Boating and fishing enthusiasts will rejoice at the large lake in the middle of No Where (although there is a nice little general store at the exit for supplies). We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Rockport State Park