Nearby Willard, Utah (Air Miles)
Utah Hot Springs 138

8   7   4
question  question  yes
question  question  yes
April 2011
This was a spur of the moment trip over Easter weekend. The internet reservations could not be taken on short notice. (48 hours prior to arrival date) We did a walk up reservation. When I arrived at the park there was nobody at the front gate so I drove to the campsite and found the camp host. A nice gentlemen who showed me around and found and helped me find a good spot (secluded and pet friendly) for what I was looking for. The trees do hang over and rub your RV but they were small branches. The noise from I-15 was not terrible but it was noticeable. Dump station was available and clean. Camp Host told me he "runs a tight ship". This was not a problem as all campers in our area were well behaved. Good Experience... We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2007
You get exactly what is advertised - this is a campground that has ample room for RVs. Some of the roads had some branches that scratched the sides the RV as we tried to find our campsite in the dark. There are no hookups, but our reservation was well marked on our site even though we arrived after hours. There were a lot of family groups - it seemed that some may have had too many on a site, but it was very friendly. There was some noise way after quiet hours - mainly a radio and conversation. the pull-through spot was easy to get in and out. No view from our site #15 - just very tall reeds on the lake side and the road on the other. Some animal noise in the night. it was just an overnight stop on our way north, so it was fine. I would not stay long here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2007
We stayed in the area of the park without hook-ups. The highway noise from site 15 is very loud. We will not be staying here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014

question  no  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes
question  no  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
September 2014
This is a state run campground, but is very nice. Spacious, level sites with sewer, electric (30 amp max). and water. There is campground Wi-Fi, but it is very poor and not reliable. Good cell phone reception, but too close to the freeway. You'll hear the traffic noise, but it's not bad. In the fall the nearby town of Perry has some of the best peaches in the world. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The park rules are sometime enforced, depending on who you talk to. The Park Ranger we dealt with was very unprofessional and rude. After traveling from Cheyenne WY, we arrived approximately 1 hour early from the official check-in time. The person at the toll booth checked us in, but advised we may have to hang around the park awhile, if our reserved campsite was occupied. It was empty, so we pulled in and begin sitting up. A Park Ranger arrived and told me we would have to leave as it was before the check-in time of 3 PM. To make a long story short, we stayed, but this ranger was confused as to the facts surrounding our checking in early. The park is generally poorly maintained, the bathrooms are not properly cleaned, and in general, the park staff could use some Customer Service # 101. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The only drawback here is 30 amp service. The sites are large, level & our site (#73) even allowed for satellite service. It would help big rigs if they would trim the trees along the roads but it is passable. You get water & sewer which is unusual for a state park. Scenery is beautiful and quiet and beach is nearby. Check in time is 3:00 but we found no problem with checking in at noon. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Willard Bay State Park, Cottonwood Campground