206928 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Leicester, Vermont (Air Miles)
Lilac Inn - Brandon
2009-03-27 03:12:38
Leicester, Vermont
March 2009

March 2009
The park has new owners, and wow what a difference it has made! I camped here twice in 2008 and the campground was immaculate, and the owners were very helpful and courteous. They made me feel very welcome, even suggested areas to visit and had menus of local restaurants to look at. There is a new store and office that has loads of stuff and the pool area is very well equipped with furniture and tables. The campground had many campers both times I visited, but I still felt like I was camping in Vermont with beautiful trees and large grassy areas. The owners were diligently cleaning the bath house every morning and every night. I highly recommend the Campground!! We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2007
Only campground we ever went to, where they had no provision for our trash (told us to take it with us)! You could pay $4 a bag to have your trash taken. They also told us not to pick up our dog waste (we did anyway). Bathrooms dirty. If you stay one night you pay extra to dump. No chairs by the pool. No recreation facilities. Everything was for the convenience of the owners. We have NEVER felt so unwelcome. We were only one of 4 campers at the campground and we quickly found out why it was so empty. Large grassy sites, though. They do keep it mowed. Its a passion of the owner, he mows all day! That's all he does. I don't think they ever clean the bathrooms. Extra for A/C. We camped here in a Motorhome.