Nearby Salsibury, Vermont (Air Miles)
Lilac Inn - Brandon
Salsibury
Branbury State Park
2013-09-26 22:57:03
Salsibury, Vermont

This is a very nice state park located on Lake Dunmore. The campground is divided into two camping areas, separated by a road. We stayed in the open, grassy, area by the lake. The other camping area is heavily wooded. Both areas have restrooms with flush toilets and hot showers ($). While I don't like having to lug quarters with me to the shower house, at least the water was hot, and the restrooms were Very clean. However, there was no hot water facet in the sink, which I found odd, and a bit inconvenient if you just want to wash your hands or face. There was only one shower in the bath house where we were. For 17 sites I can imagine it would get busy in the summer. As it was, we were one of only two campers there for two days of our stay, so it was not an issue for us, and on the third day we did not attempt to use the showers as we were heading home. The showers were not handicapped accessible, though there was a small bench in the dressing area (none in the shower itself), which was difficult, as I have severe arthritis. But I managed. If it were not for these small issues I would have given the park a definite 10 as it is very pretty, and the rangers are very nice and helpful. Plenty of area to walk the dog, and though dogs are not allowed on the swimming beach, they are allowed to swim by the boat launch area, which made our dog very happy. The camping area by the lake is very park like with beautiful maple tress and plenty of shade. I would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.