Nearby St Johnsbury, Vermont (Air Miles)
Fairbanks Museum And Plan
Moose River Campground
2014-10-18 14:37:11
St Johnsbury, Vermont

yes (River)
question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question
September 2014
I really liked this campground. When I pre registered, the owner-operator talked me into using a back-in site by the river instead of the pull-thru I originally wanted. I am glad she did. River was no more than 20 feet behind my rig and was no more than a foot below the site. The far bank of the river was a big bluff so you are essentially camping on the flood plain of a bend in the Moose River. So would probably want to avoid the campground in the rainy season whenever that is for them. It was dry when I was there in the fall as was very beautiful in the fall colors. The autumn harvest theme used to decorate the campground was gorgeous. The owner-operators made you feel right at home. They gave you a good welcome packet on your arrival listing the current activities going on the area and often could be found sitting outside the office in the rocking chairs with a collection of campers and their pets, all having a good time of just being together. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2014
Stream-side sites limited to smaller RVs. Big rig spots close together and very narrow. Couldn't open all compartment doors due to obstructions. Our location had recent application of dirt in attempt to level so dirt and dust tracked into home. Use of on board washer/dryers forbidden but available at office. Wi-Fi limited to 2 devices per location; owner said lots of people online caused router to "explode." We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very friendly owners. We have stayed here before and it was nice to have all of our information on file. We had a full service pull-through. Clean and convenient. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Moose River Campground