Nearby Doswell, Virginia (Air Miles)
All American Truckstop
Duffys Repair Service, I
Costco 8042730425
I-64 Exit 178A
11400 W Broad St Rd
Sams Club?I-64:180B 9440 W Broad St (Located To Block)
Virginia
Doswell
King's Dominion Campground
2014-06-30 19:50:22
Doswell, Virginia

question  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question  question  yes
We have stayed here before and had a site to the right side of the main road. That area was paved and the sites were mostly level. This visit was a last minute call and we ended up in rustic area behind the office/swimming pool. It took a little work to get level because of the many roots. The water and 50 AMP service were good. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This campground is in the midst of a renovation, with a well stocked, renovated camp store, newly renovated bathrooms and showers, freshly paved interior roads and renovated big rig pull-throughs. Brand new cabins were being installed toward the back of the campground. With that said, we stayed in the water and electric sites that have not yet been renovated, though work has begun there. Site had a level concrete pad, water and electric worked find, though pedestal was old. Nice pool, free Wi-Fi throughout the campground that was strong enough to upload photos, and a free regular shuttle to Kings Dominion. Close to I-95, with little road noise, but an occasional train coming down the nearby rail line did wake me up at night. Very good for an overnight stay off the highway or if you are going to the park. Price reflects a 10% AAA discount, they also take Good Sam or discount if you have a Cedar Fair season pass. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Site we had was gravel and level. They also had concrete pads in the wooded area for smaller trailers/popups. Bathhouse was clean & maintained. Nice pool. $60.90 a night with taxes, a little high, but if you are going to Kings Dominion, they have a shuttle, so you save on the parking fee. They do have some Discount Prices (10%: Good Sam, AAA, Military, AARP, and Season Pass). If your are going to Kings Dominion it is a good location (you can hear the park from the campground). We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for King's Dominion Campground