219099 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Doswell, Virginia (Air Miles)
All American Truckstop
Duffys Repair Service, I
Costco 8042730425
I-64 Exit 178A
11400 W Broad St Rd
Sams Club?I-64:180B 9440 W Broad St (Located To Block)
Virginia
Doswell
King's Dominion Campground
2014-08-24 16:47:46
Doswell, Virginia

yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question
We chose this campground for its convenience to Kings Dominion. The price was very affordable. The campground is well tended and has trash cans readily available around the park. What a great way to keep the grounds clean! The bathrooms were immaculate: A/C; super clean; smell nice; well lit; conveniently placed; good shower pressure. We had bees nested under our concrete pad. We notified the desk and the Manager came out immediately to inspect. He sent for the appropriate staff, and an Assistant Manager and a woman from the Facilities Dept came right out. They got rid of the bees and the Manager came the next day to ensure that the bees were gone and we were satisfied. We were impressed that some staff were wearing ties. We've already recommended this campground to others and will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
This was our first time camping at the Kings Dominion Campground for a weekend stay. We got there at 7 PM and was able to check in at the office. I asked if they could switch us to a pull-through site since the web site had none available at the time I placed the reservation. They had a site open up which was a lower rate so they put us in site # 233. I have a 30 ft travel trailer and it was very easy to make the turns into our paved site on the first try. The spot was paved but sloped which put the front of rig downhill. That took a lot of leveling blocks to make bring the front-end up and level. The campground was laid out well with lots of trees for shade behind the office and some sites in a open field in the side nearest to the park. I have small kids so the pool at the campground was a nice treat. The odd thing was the rules at the pool. The life guards are very strict about kids wearing life vests, no goggles with a nose piece or other float toys. The Wi-Fi is strong near the office but gets weaker on the back-side of the park. The shuttle comes every 15 to 20 minutes to and from the park which is an added bonus of not having to pay $15 for parking and it drops you off at the front gate. During the day, you can hear the screams from the riders of the roller coasters and the fireworks at night. The campground is next to the train tracks through the trees which has scheduled trains coming through. We liked this campground since it very close to Kings Dominion and for the shuttle so it’s a good choice when visiting the park. With that in mind, I still think the prices of the sites are a bit high. We’ll be back with it comes time to come back to Kings Dominion for another visit. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We have stayed here before and had a site to the right side of the main road. That area was paved and the sites were mostly level. This visit was a last minute call and we ended up in rustic area behind the office/swimming pool. It took a little work to get level because of the many roots. The water and 50 AMP service were good. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for King's Dominion Campground