Nearby Fredericksburg, Virginia (Air Miles)
125 Washington Square Plaza (Approx)
Mary Washington College
2014-09-10 16:54:48
Fredericksburg, Virginia

yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question
yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question
Although a lot of improvements have been made to this park, for the price, I expect more. I can stay at a Good Sam 10/10/10 rated RV park in Williamsburg for less cost and get a concrete pad and patio with brand new asphalt roadways. At this KOA, most of the sites are gravel and the asphalt roadways need repair. Also, I reported a problem with a loose sewer connection the first day we were here and it was never taken care of. They need a better system for tracking maintenance requirements. Overall the park is still good and we would stay here again, but it's not our first choice anymore. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
I stayed at this campground as base camp to see the Civil War battlefields in the area and Washington DC. My campsite was a bit unlevel, but I was able to park the trailer at an angle and it worked out well. The pull-through site was really long. They have a pond with a fountain in the middle. As far as the smell that some others have posted, I didn't notice it until I walked right up to the bank of it and then it wasn't that bad. Most of the interior roads were in good shape. Staff were working on the ones that were rough. Road leading to the campground was a bit narrow and curvy. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with anything I needed. If in the area again, I would stay at this campground, but would probably get one of the back-in sites with the patio. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Really nice wooded, clean campground. Our site, 26, had a nice area for the picnic table and decent space between the site next to us. However, other sites, like the one on the driver side of our camper, had their picnic table 2' from our sewer connection. Do your homework and try to request a nice site if you are staying for a few days. Having said that, I would say 80% of the campers were just overnighters in transit to somewhere else. Overall a nice campground for a short stay. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Fredericksburg VA / Washington DC S. KOA