206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Gladys, Virginia (Air Miles)
Virginia
Gladys
Thousand Trails Lynchburg
2014-01-21 01:23:07
Gladys, Virginia

7   6   9   7   8   7   6   6
yes  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  no  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
October 2013
Preserve is expansive with a large recreational lake with a wide gravel hiking trail through pine woods which surround one side. Three areas with a bath/shower houses near the center of each offer mostly wooded sites with trees between most sites. Bathhouses are checked three times a day and cleaned well regularly. Sites are crushed stone and generally level although narrow on the C loop, wider sites but not as level on the B loop, and more open on the A loop. The entrance and fields around the lake are expansive and mowed regularly. The closest major grocery store is 7 miles away. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
The rate reflects membership in Thousand Trails. We camped here in a 42 ft fifth wheel. The roads were okay, but not great. You are not assigned a designated site and therefore must drive around to select your site. I was able to do this with the fifth wheel, but I would recommend doing this with a car if at all possible before heading to your site. The park is well treed and this created a nice atmosphere. Not all sites are level, but I was able to get one that was fairly level and large enough for our fifth wheel. The bathrooms are a little bit dated, but the men's was clean. My wife did not care for the women's bathroom. Overall, as things are breaking, the repairs seem to be temporary fixes. I joined Thousand Trails on an impulse, but should have done more homework. The parks are older and on the downswing in general. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The day we arrived, on Labor Day, there was some kind of big private party winding down. We were told that if we wanted to use the pool or spa we had to do it that night because it all closed for the year that evening. We pretty much had our pick of camp spots and we picked a place with lots of afternoon shade and near the adult lodge with it’s nice deck overlooking the lake. We've enjoyed checking out the mini-golf course here, although the “fairways” are pretty littered from the trees. The biggest feature for me has been the trail around the pretty lake. I've walked it everyday and I think its the nicest feature of this campground. The adult lodge has a deck overlooking the lake. The sparsely populated park, the distance from the lights of town, some clear skies, and some cool lights have made for terrific star gazing. We've been able to see the Milky Way, lots of satellites, and even a few shooting stars. There are several interesting places to visit in the area, including Appomattox and Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest. Verizon 4G cell data is very good. We were on C-Loop, apparently preferred by the seasonal residents. However, the other side of the park looks just as nice and is closer to the pool and main activity center. I can’t tell you what this park is like during the summer. I can tell you that here in the first week of “off season” that it’s been quiet and beautiful — a good peaceful, relaxing park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Thousand Trails Lynchburg