Nearby Greenville, Virginia (Air Miles)
Pride Resort At Stoney Creek-277 Lake Dr
Stoney Creek Resort
2014-10-06 23:10:22
Greenville, Virginia
October 2014

no  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  question  question  question
question  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  question  question  question
October 2014
Rate is Passport, tax included. Road incoming is rough, but I believe is a public road, and not subject to park maintenance. Roadways in park are narrow with close-by trees. I'd hate to come in here after dark. Men's toilet room filthy. Our pull thru site required unhooking, it was so out of level. On departure, it will require backing out as roadway in front is so elevated (in relation to site), I'm afraid bed will hit overhang of the RV. So we'll take a round-about-way out. We would not come back as there are better alternatives. Walmart for example. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The rate Reflects Pass Port America; I would not pay full price for this place. Very very disappointing, as other reviews have mentioned the road coming in was unbelievably bad, pretty hard on my coach and car. At first the park looked real nice and then when I checked in and saw the camping area it was a disaster. The sites are not level at all, as a matter a fact using my leveling system I had both front wheels about 4-6 inches off the ground. They do have a pool but it is far away from the sites, some rest rooms were fair others I did not want to go into for fear of what it was. The Wifi is useless and there are not sites that would allow my dish to work at least that what I was advised by the staff, it seemed like my asking about dish working was a bother to the staff, they were not a help at all, it looked like there were sites that would have worked with the dish and there was not anyone camping on them all while we were there. I would avoid this place at all cost, In the future I will take to heart the reviews. We WILL NOT return to this place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Passport Rate for the stay. Road going in is Very rough for the last 1/2-3/4 miles. Park roads are dusty, twisty, and narrow in spots. Park claims Wi-Fi but I could never get connected to it. Our site was heavily wooded so no satellite. Off-air TV was spotty. Don't know how others missed the pool, but it is there and fully functional. Folks here are very proud that they switched it to salt water to be more environmentally friendly. Same with the new laundry facilities. Lake is nice and clean and our dog took full advantage of it. Lots of seasonals and lots of semi-locals on the weekends. Many golf carts driven by all ages at all hours. We had a teenagers gathering at the pavilion next to our site at 1 AM Sat. night. Much longer and I would have called security. Overall, facilities are adequate and park is probably more likable when it is less full. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Stoney Creek Resort