220693 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Greenville, Virginia (Air Miles)
Pride Resort At Stoney Creek-277 Lake Dr
Greenville
Stoney Creek Resort
2014-07-03 04:20:33
Greenville, Virginia

question  no  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question
Passport Rate for the stay. Road going in is Very rough for the last 1/2-3/4 miles. Park roads are dusty, twisty, and narrow in spots. Park claims Wi-Fi but I could never get connected to it. Our site was heavily wooded so no satellite. Off-air TV was spotty. Don't know how others missed the pool, but it is there and fully functional. Folks here are very proud that they switched it to salt water to be more environmentally friendly. Same with the new laundry facilities. Lake is nice and clean and our dog took full advantage of it. Lots of seasonals and lots of semi-locals on the weekends. Many golf carts driven by all ages at all hours. We had a teenagers gathering at the pavilion next to our site at 1 AM Sat. night. Much longer and I would have called security. Overall, facilities are adequate and park is probably more likable when it is less full. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate is FHU with Passport Amer. The main entrance road (Lake Road) is pretty rough. There is no way I would attempt coming in through the town of Vesuvius. Very tough hills and tight turns. The campground has a pool but it looks non-functional. They have a nice sandy beach for swimming at the lake. The water was very clean. There are lakeside sites and near-Lake side sites that rate from very good to average. However, there are a lot of old, run-down permanent rigs on most of the other sites. Too bad they don't make the owners clean up their sites. It makes the whole campground look shabby. Laundry room, Rec room and store was excellent. Mini-golf was worthless. Fishing was wonderful since you can walk all around the lake safely. Streams running through the campground were nice too. Staff is friendly and helpful. The status of the bath houses are a mystery to me. Some are very very very old! Some look brand new but not functional. I would come here again but only because I know what sites to ask for next time. The one we were give was pretty good. I would hate to show up on a busy weekend and get stuck back with the junk. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The rate quoted is PA. I do not understand why this is called a resort. I never saw a swimming pool, only a lake. It's a winding way off the interstates that would be difficult if not impossible to find at night. Turning onto Lake Rd to access the park, the road is wide enough but paved only in the middle with dirt and gravel on either side. No foliage to scratch the camper but NOT a campground we would have stayed at if we had seen it in advance. There are only 2 bathhouses for nearly 200 spots. Some of the access roads are dirt and most of the spots are Very unlevel. A travel trailer or 5th wheel with lots of leveling devices might make out OK. We never got level so our refrigerator did not run right and we could not open pocket doors. The staff was very nice and this could be an excellent campground but it is not for a motor home over 30 feet and/or with a toad. We would never stay here again. So, campers beware. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Stoney Creek Resort