Nearby Gwynn, Virginia (Air Miles)
The Tides Lodge
Gwynn, Virginia

10   6   6
question  yes  yes
question  yes  yes
People go out of their way to be friendly and helpful, everywhere in the campground. Very clean, gravel drives. We have a 31 ft rig and it was tight getting it into the slot but we did. Very quiet after 9 PM, all we heard was the Chesapeake and wind. There are some decent restaurants in Mathews, about 4 miles but overpriced and the town is going yuppie. Dinner for 2, ribeye, milkshake, Fish filet and cup of soup came to $65 at Richardsons. It was very noisy but food was good. I will get my own ribeye at a grocery store next time. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2011
For me, this park was too expensive for the amenities offered at $44.00 per night. The neighbors were very friendly and helpful as my cord wouldn't reach the electric box because of the trees in the way and found a 30 amp extension cord for me. The water did not look fit to drink so I unhooked and used my water tank. The handle to the water hookup was broken so had to use plyers. The restrooms/showers were satisfactory, but I've seen much better at other campgrounds. Overall I would give it a grade of satisfactory. It appears to be more of an extended stay park than a campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2010
The Park is right on the Chesapeake Bay. Beautiful view of sun rise. Facilities are very clean and well maintained. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Fishing, swimming beach, pavilion and play ground. No sewer hook-ups must either tow to dump station or use portable sewer tank and drive it to dump station. Not bad for weekenders and longer than 3-4 days and you will need to dump. No camp store, but convenience store is only about 2 miles and major grocer is about 10. Really nice place to sun and relax and fish. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.