Nearby Madison, Virginia (Air Miles)
Shenandoah National Park
Shenandoah Hills Campground
2014-09-15 16:18:37
Madison, Virginia
September 2014

question  yes  question  yes  no  yes  yes  question  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes  no  question  question  question  question  yes
September 2014
The firs remarks out of the mouth of the "check in" person was "someone needs to get that dog on a leash!" Overall the park wasn't crowded and it was quiet, which was what I was looking for. You can still hear some road noise from US29, but the rest of the surroundings minimized that. Our site needed mowing when we were there. The facilities seemed in need of upkeep. When we were packed up and ready to pull out, I went to the bath house to wash my hands. They were being cleaned, so I asked if I could wash my hands. I was snapped at with "just give me 10 minutes". Given the negatives, it was still a relaxing park and a positive experience. I would probably stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2013
We came back for the fun in October. They have Halloween for 3 weekends and you can go to a nearby Apple Harvest Festival that is loads of fun. They deliver firewood when it's paid for and are great with directions to get places. Used to be a KOA, but it seems to be more outgoing and friendly now that they are private again. Whatever their reasons were, we like it! Site was awesome, Bathhouse was really clean, and Wi-Fi worked great! Absolutely plan to come back! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We were told by the person taking our reservation request via telephone how much she hates this park and KOA! During our stay her comments about KOA were verbally reinforced by the owner. This place was more like a residential park then a campground. Very few campers on Customer Appreciation Weekend which is when we camped. It needs updating and owners who care! The grounds are over grown. The road is in dire need of resurfacing, etc, etc!. All in all not a good experience. Will not stay here again! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Shenandoah Hills Campground