Nearby Stafford, Virginia (Air Miles)
217 Garrisonville Rd
Lunga Park Rv
Prince William Forest Par
Fredericksburg & Spotsylva
La Petite Auberge - Fred
Wal-Marti-95:152 17041 Jefferson Davis Hwy (Located To Block)
1800 Carl D Silver Pkwy
Mary Washington College
125 Washington Square Plaza (Approx)
Costco Will Open Soon
Sams Club?I-95:158B 14050 Worth Ave (Located To Block)
Wal-Marti-95:158B 14000 Worth Ave (Located To Block)
Wilderness / Presidential Resorts-9220 Plank Rd
Virginia
Stafford
Aquia Pines Camp Resort
2013-09-05 13:19:01
Stafford, Virginia

yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  no  question  question  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  no  question  question  question
Do NOT go here unless you just need a nice, cozy, place to park your big RV. The bathrooms are clean and the pool and playground are great. BUT the tent and cabin spaces are far from these facilities, out of Wi-Fi range, do not allow fires and are so close to Route 95 that the traffic drowns out conversation. It is clear from the overgrown tent sites and empty cabins that nobody uses these options. My cabin took hours to air out and had lots of dead flies. The pitch black darkness and traffic noise made it impossible to feel safe - a little light on the path to the facilities would have gone a long way. The owner could not have been ruder or more demeaning when I expressed my concerns after a sleepless night and asked to be let out of the two day minimum. I left feeling that he was unprofessional and abusive and that I would have been treated differently if I were not traveling alone with my son. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
This park is quite narrow for getting around the lanes to get to your site. Sites are mostly on hills; hard to get into and out of. They say big rigs are okay, and we did get in and out, but not without a great deal of maneuvering. Trying to get propane at their store was a chore also. Hard to get the hose to the RV. It is also very, very pricey. We stayed there and took public transport into New York City. Office staff was very nice to deal with, but the park is overpriced in our opinion. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
The owners of this park are deceptive. Be careful. We distinctly asked for a pull thru several times, were assured we had that and were given a pull IN. Had to back our fiver out. Could not even detach as the site was on an embankment. Please be advised they are building a hotel on their adjacent site and huge trucks rumble through at breakneck speeds all day long. Noise and dust are the rule here. Staff was not there to greet us and got annoyed when I asked for my Good Sam discount. Most of the sites are occupied by construction workers. I cannot recommend tthis place. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Aquia Pines Camp Resort