Nearby Anacortes, Washington (Air Miles)
Swinomish 837 Casino Dr. Anacortes Wa 98221 360-293-2691 (Located To Zip)
Tt Wa La Conner 16362 Snee Oosh Rd Laconner 360-466-3558,Ttnlt
Naval Air Station - Whid
Westgate Rv Center
Rocky Point Rec Area
Chuckanut Manor
"Elks - E,W,D@ Ciity Pk - 155 Ne Ernst"
Oak Harbor
1250 Sw Erie St
Washington
Fidalgo Bay Resort
2014-08-24 04:55:45
Anacortes, Washington

yes (Ocean)
question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
This park can be very nice if you get the right lot. We prefer Lot 113 which is extremely private and has a bay view. Lots 1-17 are also along the water; however, they are not very private. The rest of the park is pretty close living, especially Lots 18 thru 56. The driveways are wide enough if no one has parked their vehicle in the street. Good 50 amps. Quiet park close to town and ferry. Very busy park - suggest getting reservation. Picnic table is in disrepair. Good satellite access. We have stayed here before and will return again as long as we can get one of the sites mentioned above. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed in one of the cabins. It was a one bedroom park model with a double bed. The unit was handicapped accessed so it was a walk in shower. It comes fully furnished with linens and towels. Small stove and microwave with pots, pans and dishes. Small TV in the living room with a nice covered porch and chairs to watch the bay. It was very clean and the management was very helpful. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
We stayed in a waterfront space so it was probably a better spot than further back. These spots were great. Level and the waterfront sites were pull-in for us motorhome people. Park was well kept, people were friendly. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fidalgo Bay Resort

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question
This is a very nice campground well kept, in a good area, room for the largest of RVs. The young man that's is campground host is so polite and helpful. Nice playground and large off-leash dog area. Nice on-site store if you need something, and a clean laundry room. Close to everything, my only bad comment is there is a very dangerous left turn coming out of the campground, with no light, hard to pull out with a big rig, but can be done. There are a lot of people living here, but this is a large park and all sites well kept! We camped here in a Motorhome.
I would actually give it 4.5 stars. We have RV camped in numerous sites around WA and this is one of the better. The spaces have plenty of room. The entire campground its clean and the staff is very attentive and friendly. I will go back and highly recommend the facility. Note: you must be careful exiting from the site onto the highway. Vehicles travel quickly on that road. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
The rate posted with this review is for a super premium pull through site before tax. I am not aware of any discounts such as GS or AAA. The first thing I noticed upon arrival was the large open space just inside the property line. This enabled me to park our 41' 5er easily without obstructing anyone else. Check-in was effortless and conducted by an extremely polite and courteous site host. He then proceeded to escort us to our site, despite it being in view of the main office. Nothing appeared too much trouble for this gentleman who assisted in guiding us so that we sat perfectly in our enormous, treed pull-through site. The crushed gravel pad must be at least 80' long and plenty wide enough for our five slides and awning to be deployed without any interference from the trees or shrubs. All of the neighboring sites were empty but there is plenty of room and the trees allow for a feeling of privacy. The whole resort is very 'big rig' friendly. Water, power(50, 30 & 20 amp), sewer and cable connections are all well placed and functioned perfectly. I had forgotten about the cable service prior to our arrival so that was an added surprise. Our site was also equipped with a large metal fire pit and grate as well as a large wooden cabana with a picnic table and bench seating. Each site also has their own garbage bin. I don't know how often these are emptied as I never saw it happen but I do know mine never contained waste for long. WiFi worked well and was very fast but then we were directly opposite the antenna. There is one main bathroom block in the centre of the resort. This requires a numerical code to access but once inside everything is spotlessly clean. The whole unit is well lit and professionally tiled. There is another washroom (not shower) attached to the back of the office block which appears to be available during office hours only. Also attached to the office building is the laundry. $1.25 for a wash and .25c per 10 minutes in the dryer. All washrooms, laundry and office are easily accessible to those with mobility difficulties. For the kids there is a playground area with climbing frames. I also saw horse shoe pits for the adults and there is a short nature walk (no bikes) in the woods around part of the resort perimeter. The whole resort is wrapped up in mixed cedar and deciduous, mature trees giving a definite 'woodsy' feeling. The office stocks some groceries and RV supplies. Propane is available at what I considered to be a very reasonable rate ($15) for a new, empty 20lb tank. Within striking distance is Camping World, Costco, Wal-Mart, Safeway and an outlet mall. There are way too many other attractions in the area to list. The only negative for this entire area and every campground, resort or site (within a 30 - 40 mile radius) is the noise of jet aircraft taking off and landing at the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station. They resumed their training flights earlier this year after a moratorium lasting about 7 months. Occasional (30 or so per day) flights go from about 10am until midnight, four or five days a week. Again, this isn't a slight on this RV resort. The noise will affect everyone for many miles around so I haven't deducted an score for that. Despite this, I would most certainly stay here again when next in the area. This is a fantastic resort with excellent staff. Thank you for providing such a great service. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Pioneer Trails RV Resort

no  no  no  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
no  no  no  question  question  question  question  question  no  question
Nice park with many improvements underway. Very good Two-Salmon Restaurant in hotel. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Swinomish Hotel/Casino/RV Park Review 12885 Casino Drive Anacortes WA 98221, 360-293-2691 www.swinomishcasino.com The Hotel requires that RV’s pay a RV parking Fee to stay in the parking lot. $10 to $30 plus tax according to Security. They do not charge cars to stay in the parking lot! I find this ridiculous that RV must pay to be able to go to the Casino play Slots/Bingo and eat food at the Casino. RVs are parked in a little used vacant part of the parking lot and no services are used except in my case one car parking spot. They do have a substandard RV Park that has very limited services and very low power (about 90 volts or less), which can damage your electrical and electronic equipment. Which it has done to me! My power supply and my fridge were damaged and I had to replace them at my cost, as the manufacture would not honor the warranty. Camping World in Burlington had my RV for about eight months trying to get the manufacture to pay. I agree with many of the reviews posted on line, many which are as follows. In the fifteen or so years we have visited Northern Lights/ Swinomish Casino/RV Park there has been no real improvements and little maintenance to the RV Park, lights, damage plugs and pipes are repaired when someone complaints about them in writing. No facilities for the RV campers, no washrooms, no showers, no laundry, and sewer connector located between RV where the picnic tables are located, not pleasant to eat or sit at. Train runs right beside the camp ground at all times of the day and night, sounds its air horn three times before crossing the rail bridge, wakes everyone up at around 4AM in the Hotel and RV Park. Hotel has taken over reservations from the casino and wants everything charged to your credit card, they have to call a supervisor if you want to pay in cash and they still may charge your credit card which will take months to get a refund. Hotel does not take reservations but assigns campsites regardless of the size and type of RV. They have been very unorganized and it can take some time to check in. Power is low, (about 90- Volts) you must have a cable box to get cable and channels are very iffy, possible due to the low power. Water pressure is very high so be sure to use a pressure regulator. A large air conditioner (about the size of a city bus) is located behind the hotel closet to the RV Park that can be quite noisy, Ducts can pulsate and some times has a high frequency noise that only some people can hear, I am one that can hear it and have to use ear plugs to sleep and not get a head ache. Finding your way into the RV Park is difficult and at night as it is very poorly lighted. Wifi is intermittent; you can connect to the router but not the Internet. Site numbers are difficult to see they are now painted on road where road dirt will obscure them, before they were on posts. They water the grass at inappropriate times, it can be a real challenge to get between the RV park and hotel especially at night as you can hear the sprinklers but can not see them. Granted the Casino is open 24/7 so no mater what time they turn on the sprinklers someone will get wet, but they could have them on between 1 and 4AM instead of the busy times of the day, timers are set by the lawn maintain people who, I do not think have considered that people need to get back and forth between the hotel and RV park. There is not much of a variety of food offered at Swinomish just about all of it is very spicy and is more for the Spanish palate, which maybe is their customer base. They went high class and fancy after the Hotel was built. As no washrooms for the RV Park I have witnessed some disgusting acts. When camping in site 11 I had to take my dog for a walk at 4AM and saw someone squatting at the rear of their RV in site 8. Later after they left I realized he had taken a dump behind the RV. I called the Casino and they sent someone out with a dustpan and broom to clean it up. While staying in site 32, I saw two people in site 33 who had a van, not an RV, use a bucket to go to the bathroom, later when it got dark they dumped the bucket in the long grass. I have also seen the same thing happen at the Silver Reef Casino. Another time we stayed in site 20, at least 10 people with five cars stayed in site 21 in a large popup camper. In the morning I witnessed both men and women taking a pee behind their RV and two males took a pee in the area behind my slide out where my power cord, water hose and cable cord is. I expect this also happened during the night, which I did not see. After they left I got my hose and washed the area. When you see something on the ground don’t assume someone did not clean up after their dog! I realize that the Hotel cannot control the discussing actions of some of the campers but providing services such as washrooms would greatly reduce this activity. Or only lettings RV that are self-contained use the RV Park. Some campers have nothing more than a Van or pickup with a canopy; they must think they are staying in a full service RV park and do not want to walk to the Hotel to go to the bathroom or get wet from the sprinklers. They give themselves a high positive rating I suspect the positive rating are by employees. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a convenient park for gamblers at the casino. It is also convenient for shopping in the Burlington and Mount Vernon area. However, there are no facilities for the RV campers. The train runs right beside the campground and does run at all hours of the night. This is very disturbing for sleep. We found the rate to be very high for a casino park. The rate has increased substantially since the hotel took over running of the RV park from the casino. We will stay at another park that is close by. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park

9   7   7   8   2   7   1   1
question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
First weekend of the season. Perfect weather. Site A-10 was very private. Great hiking and view points to die for of San Juan Islands. A short bike trip to Anacortes and close to ferry terminal. Would stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2012
For our setup this park works fine. We are a 17' trailer and we like a woodsy setting. Reminds me of a USFS campground. Being February, I expected the water to be turned off at the sites, but it was on! Bathrooms were closed for the season in the camp loops - a bit inconvenient but we had our own in the trailer. Very shaded. Great trails. I'd stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2011
I read the reviews on the site before camping here. I have to say that the reviews are right: the roads are narrow; the entrance to the campground is narrow; the sites are not level. BUT it is extremely family friendly and for the money, you really can't beat it! We really enjoyed our time here and enjoyed having the deer come visit us while we ate dinner. The tide pools were great, but were in an area that was too steep to take our two year old. It is in a fantastic location and my little girl loved throwing rocks into the water. Some sites would accommodate a big rig and we actually saw some larger motorhomes in a couple of sites. Be prepared to bring a lot of leveling blocks! We would camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Washington Park Campground