206518 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Bellingham, Washington (Air Miles)
4420 Meridian St
Bellingham RV Park
2014-03-30 22:38:34
Bellingham, Washington
March 2014

yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
March 2014
OK for an overnight. Front desk is friendly and helpful. It's hard to rate an RV park by the noise level but we came here to relax for 4 nights and I got little sleep. To be fair, I am a light sleeper and did ask for a site further back from the road but was not given one because of our large size. 18 wheeler air brakes sounded throughout the night from the rest area for trucks less than 30 feet from our rig and the park is located under the airport's landing pattern. The sites were very narrow, rock with slivers of grass alongside. Had to play with our levelers to achieve balance, a very tight squeeze for a 45' with four slides and a towed. A bit expensive for what you get but as close to the Canadian border as we have found. Very clean and spacious bathrooms and showers but we have that already in our rig. The only other minus was the grumpy grounds person mowing the lawns. Asked where the dog area was and he directed me off the property in the far back of the park. I hobbled all the way back there with the aide of my cane. When I finally found the park map, the dog area is actually along the incoming road. Yes, we will probably stay here again because of the location, but not for more than a night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Gravel sites requiring a bit of leveling but it easy to get in and out of this park. Very good bathroom and laundry facilities along with great management. Above average Wi-Fi quality. We have overnighted here several times and always pleased with our stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2013
This is the second time we've stayed here. It's a great overnight stop, very convenient access, just off the I-5, but not terribly noisy. Park is clean; staff is helpful. It's also close to Bellis Fair mall, Costco, Walmart, Fred Meyer, and not too far from Trader Joe's. Not much recreational stuff at the park, but a great overnighter. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Bellingham RV Park
February 2010

question  question
question  question
February 2010
Very dirty park with no pavement. Stepped in cat waste everywhere I went. It's close to the freeway so you hear trucks all night long. No facilities to wash clothes. Manager is hard to get in contact with. My site is all dirt and there is no grass. I am having a hard time getting my motorhome level. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2008
I am having electrical problems and currently use a makeshift electrical cord which wont do when it gets cold. Manager does not take care of sites. Up to tenants only. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013

7   9   7   4   9
question  yes  question  question  yes
question  yes  question  question  question
May 2013
This is a nice state park not too far from the city. The park is really not set up for large rigs, although there are a few sites that larger RVs can get into. The park is heavily wooded, so no way to get satellite. Our Verizon phone and data card (MiFi) worked well with fast 4G service. The park does get some road noise, but it quiets down at night. There is also the train, but we love trains so that did not bother us at all. It is nicely dark at night. Because of the tree coverage, it is also pretty dark during the day. There are camp hosts that were pleasant enough. If visiting the area, we would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
Stayed with husband and boxer for 2 nights. There is very little reception here for cell or data. The sites are not huge by any means. The gravel/rocky beach is very nice as are the trails to cliff areas: you can sit and just listen to the waves, really nice. Wasn't crowded, but its not summer. Trains did not bother us at all but we live in the city. Camp host very nice and helpful. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
August 2010
Like many of the Puget Sound area Washington State Parks, Larrabee is pinched in by development on all sides, but it is a jewel in its own rite. First off, I wouldn't bring anything longer than 35ft. into the park; the trees along the most of the campsites can 'bite' you (happened to brush the awning on my rig despite my best efforts). There are 50 dry sites only large enough for tents, campers or pop-ups, plus eight tent only, walk-in sites. The other 26 sites are full hook-ups, but only 5 are suited for rigs larger than 32 feet. Make sure you use the state parks website before you reserve a spot, and bring lots of good blocks. I purchased 2 sets of 'LynxLevelers' stack-able blocks to go under the tires (to supplement the 3" wooden blocks I normally use for my leveling jacks). Unfortunately, all 20 Lynx blocks barely kept the passenger side tires touching earth because the rear jacks were still fully extended and we still weren't level. Other reviews mentioned the trains. Yes, they pass along the west side of the park, but it never bothered us (we had the windows closed and A/C on at night due to the heat), but I did hear the horns sound several extra times during the evenings as people were crossing the tracks when returning from the beach. Mosquitoes were only bad at sunset, but the biggest environmental issue for me was the noise from the big bikes that ran up and down Chuckanut Drive. I didn't use the parks restroom facilities, but my daughter said they were clean, but "smelled musty because the fan was broken". The pull-through sites are 30 amp, but I did see that 2 of them had 50 amp connector for what it's worth. One final note about the park is how convenient it is to local sites. Historic Fairhaven has lots of neat shops and is the hopping off point for the Alaska Ferry System and visits to Vancouver, Mt. Baker Ski area (with the beautiful views at Artists Point) and down to Whidbey Island. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Larrabee State Park