Nearby Castle Rock, Washington (Air Miles)
Mr Rv Mobile Rv Parts
2014-07-31 06:28:08
Castle Rock, Washington

question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
This park is convenient to Mount St. Helens. It is the only reason we stayed here. When I called to make a reservation, I asked the dimensions of the site because I wanted to make sure my motorhome and Jeep would fit on the site. I was told the site was 40' long and I wanted to know if it was wide enough for the Jeep to fit next to the motorhome. The owner didn't give me a straight answer -- said maybe I should call another park! I told her I'd take the site if other motorhomes and tow vehicles had fit. The length was not a problem because the back of the motorhome could hang over the hillside, leaving plenty of room to park the Jeep up front. The problem was the width. We had to maneuver in and out about 4 times to get to where all the slides could open. As it was, the bedroom slide pushed up against a small tree limb. The awning could only be extended 3'. Our second problem was using our $10 reward from KOA. When I made the reservation, I was told I had to go on the KOA website and print the certificate. This was not possible. I called the KOA Home Office and was told that they took the ability to print certificates away from the campers and placed the responsibility on the campgrounds. When I explained that I had to have it, he emailed me a screen print of it to present to the campground. When I checked in, they were not able to do whatever they had to do on the computer to give me the discount. After about 10 minutes she gave me the discount even though she couldn't get the computer to work. When we were leaving, several tree limbs that hung over the road hit the air conditioners on top of our motorhome. They need to do a better job of tree trimming. We camped here in a Motorhome.
WiFi is great. Location is perfect. Nice easy drive to Johnston Observatory and Mt St Helen's monument. No cable at our site, which was fine. Beautiful valley view from the terraced hill. Friendly staff at the office. Convenient dump station. Although spaces are tight, its not crowded and there are some trees between sites. Great for an overnight stop, not a destination though. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
A very clean park. New owners are doing their best to make this a wonderful park. They helped us with all the tourist items and gave great directions and ideas for visiting and eating. Wi-Fi is good. I did not get cable, and the antenna TV got 3 channels. My wife and I actually talked to each other!! Very nice social room with extra oven/stove, micro, etc. The shower bathroom area was small but very clean. Nice hot water! Nice grass and trees all around the park. The long term campers keep their areas cleaned up and unimposing. The view is amazing from my chair in front of my camper. I gave it a 9 only because the slots are very skinny, especially if you have slide-outs. Would love to come back!! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Mount St Helen's RV Park - KOA
100?
June 2008

yes  question
question  question
June 2008
Oh wow! We reserved this place for the weekend Friday-Sunday. Friday night we set up camp and left first thing Saturday morning, without a word to the owners. It seems people don't camp here, they live here! I believe we were the only "campers" We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2007
We pulled in after dark and only stayed one night. Staff was friendly and helpful and came out and walked us to the site. Unfortunately, sites are just overgrown grass with lots of trees. There are a lot of permanent residents and the park reflects this. There is a well stocked camp store but the staff were cussing while my kids were with me in the store. This place is OK if you just want a place to pull in and sleep before visiting Mt St Helens. Otherwise, little to recommend it. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
We dry camped. Beautiful sites in heavily forested area, very tall trees. Dark even in the daytime. Peaceful. Be aware that campfire smoke cannot rise through this dense tree canopy and stays on the ground. This caused us some allergy problems. There are full hookup sites in an area that has been cleared so few trees. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here for 3 nights in the RV loop in site T8. The sites are a tad tight, but in good light, with pretty surroundings and a trail nearby. This was a great base-point for local activities, such as the Mt. St. Helens visitor centers, Silver Lake and more. The trail around the visitor center was very nice. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Park was lovely with well-maintained trails. I stayed in the dry camping loop. Sites were quite private but not very level. Will definitely stay here again and stay longer. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Seaquest State Park

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
This park would be a 10 if they would green up their grass. Wide paved driveways with long level gravel sites making for easy big rig access. Park is very clean. No overhead trees to obstruct my satellite dishes and good 50 amp service. We did not use any of their facilities; however, it appears that there is a lot to do for children and adults. Excellent spot for visiting Mount St. Helens. We have stayed here before and will return again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park has amazing amenities (pool, spa, saunas, disc golf, very nice rally facilities, laundry), nice paved roads, large sites with decent separation. But the highway and train noise ruins it. The trains are the worst: they run very often and blow their whistle every time, 24/7. Ear plugs don't even work against the train whistle in the middle of the night, multiple times. If it weren't for the trains we would gladly return. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We spent one night here in mid-June. Overall this is a good park. My only complaints would be that they need to trim some of the trees that overhang the drives. I hit my antenna on a few branches. Also, the grass around the gravel sites needed some maintenance. A minor pick is that the transition from the asphalt drive to the gravel site is fairly significant. One must go slow over this transition - especially in a big rig. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Toutle River RV Resort