Nearby Forks, Washington (Air Miles)
Forks

1   7   9
no  question  yes
no  question  yes
October 2013
Nicely located, paved roads, some sites will fit big rigs. We got here and found that the power had dead leg on 50 A and open ground, 30 amp open ground, same results at several other sites. The bathrooms had signs on them from users saying the toilet didn't flush and that there was no hot water in the showers. I looked and the toilets were full of, well you know, and there was no hot water. This appeared to have been going on several days. The word disgusting comes to mind. I tracked down a ranger who looked and sounded surprised about these items and then put up a sign saying the bathrooms were out of service and to pay up. The place is well located, but in its current condition I wouldn't let a dog stay here. If I'm in the area again, I'll check it out to see if they have fixed anything, but if they haven't, I'll just go boondock. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2009
I had to use this campground as the local commercial park had closed for the season when I visited the area in late October. This small (123 acre) park is located between US-101 and the Bogachiel River. Road noise is not too much of a problem as the road grade is well above the elevation of the camping area. After dark, traffic on the highway is minimal. The park is very thickly forested, and even on the sunniest of days, the campsites are very dark. The park’s web site indicates that sites will accommodate rigs up to 40’ in length. I found that only 2 or 3 of the 36 power / water sites were capable of holding my 35’ motorhome. The reasonable price and the park’s convenience to places of interest including Forks, the Hoh Rain Forest and Neah Bay make this a good base for exploring the northwest corner of the state. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2006
This Campground is first come first served and offers 36 standard sites, six sites with power and water, one dump station and two restroom buildings with showers (main campground restroom includes ADA-accessible restrooms/showers). One kitchen shelter without electricity is available to campers. There are 2 loops with the utility sites near the entrance of the park. The other loop offers campsites next to the river. This campground is well maintained and very pretty and lush. Some sites are very private while others are more out in the open. The town of Forks is located 6 miles north and has a great grocery store with an Ace Hardware store next door. There is also a laundramat and car wash along with other local businesses. There are a number of restaurants including Italian, Mexican,Chinese, and a busy burger joint. We found this to be a great campground and would stay here again. I would have given it a 10 if it wasn't so close to the highway. The road noise calms down in the evening and it didn't keep us awake. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  question  question  yes  question  question  no  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question
Nothing luxurious here, but the small park is clean and well-kept, and the people are friendly. We stayed two nights while we poked around the area. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nice park and very nice new managers. The park is under new ownership and new managers so will stay open much longer. The new manager says that they intend to stay open all year. The sites are level, big, have modern hook-ups, and provided with a picnic table. We couldn't get the cable to work but that is probably our technology, the Wi-Fi is good. The park is right across from the Outfitters with groceries, clothing, hardware, auto parts, just about anything you could want. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The owners make this park. They are very friendly and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The park is in the middle of town, with no scenery. The sites are wide enough to put your awning out and sit under it and enjoy the weather. The utilities all work as they should, except the Wi-Fi will not reach as far as they think. We were in the middle of the park and could not pick it up at the coach. It worked fine outside the office. The access is good, easy in and out. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Forks 101 RV Park

6   9   5   1   5   8
question  yes  question  question  question  yes
question  yes  question  question  question  yes
Rather rustic campground with the basic hookups. (Sewer is only available if you stay two or more nights.) But it's a good jumping off point for a visit to the Hoh visitor's center if you need water/electric which isn't offered in the NP campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Here is the short list that kept this RV park rating at 9 instead of 10. 1. I had to wait about 5 minutes to "check-in" since there was only one worker. 2. The first morning I had to wait 5 minutes for the single bathroom because I did not know there is a toilet in the shower room and did not have the access code either. That’s it. In other words this is a great place although as far removed from every other RV park I have ever visited as you can imagine. This place is low-key. I mean really low-key. The employees do not stay on-site at all times, so they told us to just check in with them in the morning. One piece of advice, if you are going to do the same, ask for the shower access code. Then if you need to use the bathroom and it is occupied, you can use the one in the shower room. By the way, both the bathroom and shower are brand new. Actually almost brand new as they are still in work. Nice, tile floors and walls, and totally clean. The big item missing is anywhere to hang something in the shower area. I had to use door knobs, hinges, and the sink plumbing. Back to the low-key check in. All they asked is how many nights I was staying and if I wanted to use the sewer hookup ($30 with, $25 without). No license plate, no phone number, no address needed. They did not even ask for an email address! The setting is beautiful, just over 5 miles up Hoh River Road from highway 101. Even though you are right near the road, it is quiet all night. We were in spot 11 that was very easy to back into, and I am no expert. The other spots looked equally easy to get into. The park was only half full on a sunny July weekend so this place can still be considered as undiscovered. We saw a solo Roosevelt Elk doe one evening and thought ourselves lucky. But then at 8:30 on Monday morning I spotted an Elk in the field just across the road from the RV park, and then I noticed there were some more and more and more, about 40 in all, with several males and several young calves galloping around having a good time. They noticed me watching but stayed put until a Harley came chugging up the road. Then they all took off running that was fun to watch as well but I wished the Harley had waited a while longer before riding by. This place is definitely on our list for a return stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The park has a new septic system, so previous reviews about the sewer are now old news. This campground is all about location, and their spot on the entrance to the Hoh rain forest is primo. We booked via phone after seeing their $19/nt rate on their website. When we arrived, we saw that the rates were $20/tent $25/WE $30/full hookup. I mentioned this to the girl behind the counter, and she apologized but said that they raised their rates after spending $20k on a new septic system. After I told her that she needed to update their website, she gave us the $19/nt rate from the website. Spots are back in, but easy enough to get into. Spot #10 was very level, the others look level also. Easy to pull in from road, but very poorly marked as to which driveway to pull in. Little café and store is nice. Water pressure is good. Each site has a picnic table and a small fire pit. While we were checking in, the gentleman working there started yelling at the girl behind the counter (assuming husband/wife) that they don't do full hookups for single night stays, only water/electric. He then went into a long diatribe about how overnighters save their waste and just use them as a dumping ground and put baby diapers all kinds of other nonsense into their septic. I'm assuming he's just smarting from the cost of the new septic system, but a very poor customer experience regardless. We didn't need to dump so we could care less, but be warned if you're an overnighter that you may not be able to get full hookups. The guy was pretty rude, and obviously not aware that customer service is key in this industry. We would not stay here again simply because of the gruff owner, however your mileage may vary if you are lucky enough to only deal with the girl behind the counter. We stayed here at peak time (July 13), and there were only 2 other RVs here. Not good if you're a campground owner, I think that the poor reviews here are not helping them out any. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hard Rain Cafe and RV

yes (River)
Didn't stay this time, but walked through the campground. Some of the park literature needs to be updated because this campground would accommodate rigs much larger than the length stated in some of the brochures. There are both back-in and pull-thru sites with some right along the river. There were many sites that would have been fine for our 31' rig and tow without unhooking. Hate the drive into the park, but the campground is beautiful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013

10   4   8
question  no  no
question  no  no
November 2013
Clean,quiet, safe and secure. I wish we had discovered them before we spent our money in La Push. Family owned and operated means pride of ownership and a commitment to customer satisfaction. If you want to fish the local rivers, this is the place to stay! The owner also owns a guide service. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
No showers or flush toilets, only 1 porta potty in a plain field of dirt and gravel with trees around the outside. It has fire pits and picnic tables. Much more attractive places nearby. Caters to fishermen. Owners very nice and into fishing. I was misled by the high rating. I prefer more facilities and beautiful surroundings. I did not go to fish. Too far to walk anywhere except for the resort across the road. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
July 2011
This new campground is directly across the street from Three Rivers Resort on the LaPush Rd. Very nice owners are building as they can. At this time there are 8 w/e sites & 4 full hookups. All are back in. Would highly recommend for self-contained rigs. Eventually will be great for tent camping when the restrooms are built. Sites are level gravel & very large. There are as yet no playground equipment, but they are children friendly. Owner is a fishing guide & many RV'ers come to fish. Fish cleaning station available. It is a short drive to LaPush & Rialto beaches. Both beaches are covered in huge piles of trees & stacks offshore. Rialto was the cleaner, less crowded in the evening. We camped here in a Motorhome.

July 2011
We called ahead for a full hook up site for 40' RV. Upon arrival were shown a parking space up by the crowded office, next to bathroom. Our power pole was almost under the awning of the small trailer in the other of 2 full hook up sites in this park. No space for 40' & 4 slides plus a toad. We left. The park is very busy, looked nice for smaller rigs. Lots of trees, lots of people at the store/office. Nice location on road to LaPush. We camped here in a Motorhome.