206886 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Monitor, Washington (Air Miles)
2000 N Wenatchee Ave
Wenatchee River County Park
2013-09-04 14:29:45
Monitor, Washington

yes (River)
question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
I would highly recommend this park, and we would stay here again. Everything was 'clean,' and sites were really spacious, and each site had a permanent concrete fire ring and aluminum picnic table. There are 4 loops to the park . Had I known when looking ahead at the park, I would have looked more closely and figured to be in one of the back loops. The highway and train noise is plenty, and our first night we heard it all. After that it didn't seem to bother us. The cleanliness and location far out weigh any of the noise. All asphalt roads and loops through the park makes for nice clean stay. They had great WIFI, and Cable-TV reception was so-so. Beautiful, green, grassy park and well maintained, and there is a remote card for entry after park hours of 9:00 p.m. Managers on duty were all friendly. Definitely a 'gem' of a park to stay at. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
While this is a nice, clean, park, it is not a 10. The road noise is very loud, day and night. Hwy 2 is the main route between Seattle and Wenatchee. If you get stuck in loop "D", like I did, you are as close to the major highway as you can get, without parking on the shoulder. My view consisted of the migrant farm worker tent camp behind me and the busy highway to my side. River? What river? You would never know it unless you walked to the other side of the park. The sites that border the river are booked a year in advance. Nice facilities, but poor location. Wireless internet is decent and appreciated. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This is an all together perfect park. Lots of mature shade trees, green grass, paved sites with picnic tables and fire pits, river frontage with inviting chairs to sit down in so as to contemplate the peaceful views, friendly and helpful staff, truly a perfect park. The only downside I could fine would be the highway noise since the park is right alongside a major road, but even that paled when compared with all the other positives. Will certainly return. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Wenatchee River County Park