Nearby Port Angeles, Washington (Air Miles)
3500 Hwy 101
Port Angeles, Washington

yes  yes
yes  yes
July 2012
Older small park. Staff is friendly and helpful. Several longer term sites. Good location for seeing the Port Angeles region. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2009
Spaces not very level and the managers are not friendly. If you pay additional for electricity, an additional meter reading fee of $15 is charged. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  yes  question  no  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
This was a pretty basic campground. We had a level pull-through, the hook-ups were fine but we were close to our neighbors. We did not use the bathrooms or showers, and, actually, did not look for them. You get what you pay for here and this was less expensive than other parks in the area. Since it is a ways out of town, it is not as convenient as others but the owner is nice and accommodating. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Convenient access to Hwy 101 and activities on the northern portion of the Olympic Peninsula. Campground hosts are very friendly. Some summer residents appear to be here for the entire summer for work camping jobs. Campground was very close to the highway so constant traffic noise. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
We chose this park initially because it was a Passport America park, and were only planning on staying overnight, however we stayed two nights. It is a basic park with gravel interior roads. They have a number of long pull through sites. Ours was 63 feet long. There are a lot of fulltime residents, however, the park is kept clean, mowed, and owner is friendly and accomadating. About 8 miles from Port Angeles, and 8 miles from Sequim. There is a paved bike path taking you to either town. We would stay here agian. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Conestoga Quarters RV Park

2   1   6   8   2   5   8   3   5
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes
We thought that this park was one of the worst we have ever visited because it is so over priced. This dumpy, shabby place was not worth the $53.99 for only one night. The Wi-Fi only works near the office. They wouldn't let me bring my computer into the office, but suggested I use a nearby picnic table outdoors in the drizzle and cold! The sites are in deplorable condition: weedy, half dead grass, a "patio" smaller than the picnic table, ugly laundry room and rest rooms. It would have been okay for about $20-$30 but $53.99 is ridiculous. The staff was very busy patrolling with binoculars and walkies-talkies to make sure that no one was trespassing on to the property. Anyone who sets foot on their precious private beach must pay $6 and they were far more focused on that than on the paying guests already there. We would absolutely NOT recommend this park to anyone. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
It is a little more than parking lot for RVs. Just dead grass, a table, and a fire pit. The RV are very close together. There are no play area for for children, pets on leach at all times. All visitors have to pay $6 to just enter the camp. We had friends who stopped by to say hello for a few minutes in our RV, they had to pay just to drop by. The staff was incredibly uncaring, and rude to them. I would not recommend this RV camp to anyone. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2011
Staff is wonderful, friendly, and helpful, but this park needs some rethinking. The pads are not well laid out, and someone needs to go out with you and show you where to park. Dump is old and antiquated, and WI-FI is slow. I really believe they cater to daily surfers, not RVs, and the full page list of rules and regulations and the need to wear a wristband while on the beach attest to that. Cell phones pick up Canada, so if you use it, you will be charged international rates. (We were told if you go to the east end of the park, you can pick up US. Open all year. Forewarning. If you are coming from the west side of the Peninsula and your GPS tells you to take Beach Road, just east of Lake Crescent, Beach Road is only one lane wide and 25 MPH. We were lucky; we only met one car that managed to get around us because we wouldn't have been able to back up. Trucks are not allowed, but we didn't see any warning signs and no place to turn around. We would probably return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Crescent Beach & RV Park

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
Stayed a few nights in the older section. Smallish full hookup site with mature trees and shrubs. Very clean and attractive. Friendly and knowledgeable lady at check in. Wi-Fi ok, no cable but some TV stations from antenna. Good location for exploring Olympic Nat’l Park and a day trip on the ferry to Victoria, BC. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very nice park a few miles out of town. People were friendly and helpful. The spot we had was tight but doable. They had larger sites but since we had a small motorhome we didn't need it. The rest rooms and laundry are brand new, well designed and beautiful. The only downside we had was the spot we were in was not level enough. If you had power levelers there would be no issue but we don't. Great place and we would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
What a great park. Friendly, clean, well maintained and a chorus of frogs to lull us to sleep at night. Seating beside the ponds to enjoy the sounds. Brand new bathroom for the men. Brand new laundry facilities that were spotless and roomy. A nice place to put a puzzle together or read a book in the comfort of a great couch and chairs, card table with chairs. I've never had such a comfortable place to do laundry. Loved this place would come back again and again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Elwha Dam RV Park

6   7   1   6
yes  question  question  question
question  question  question  question
Made the reservation over the phone, Spent 2 nights. Beautiful lake view as you drive in. Campsites very close together. When I backed in, my door opened onto the tent in the site next door. My table was on the other side of the RV. The tent campers were horrified I might stay and I have just a little rig. They did accommodate my request to move and I noticed they did not have any other takers on the spot while I was there. I was not very impressed. Food in the deli expensive and not that good. I was quite impressed when my server started up the vacuum cleaner right after she delivered my meal. No, I will not be going back there. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Lake Crescent is stunningly beautiful and so it's worth the time to stay right on its shore when visiting. This resort was a little shabby, but nice enough to recommend because of the lake. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to make reservations from their web site (it only seems to want you to reserve a room), but I knew we were off-season so I just went by when we got there and took my chances. The clerk seemed confused that I didn't have a reservation, but eventually worked it out, and then was somewhat restrictive about what sites she would put me in. That all took on a new complexion later in the afternoon, and seemed a bit silly, when we realized that we were literally the only RV guests in the entire place. Still, that's just an oddity and not really a problem. The site we did get had a view of the lake and it really was beautiful. There is a restaurant there, that we didn't use but that looked nice, and you can rent boats, kayaks or canoes to paddle on the lake (you should--it is the clearest lake you will ever see). While sitting at the edge of the lake, an otter swam up and munched on a crawfish right in front of us, so that was a real treat. The sites are your typical parking lot with about a foot of grass between each. The utilities all worked fine. It was lovely with no one else there, but will probably feel pretty crowded once full. All in all, if you can figure out how to make a reservation (which I'm sure you'll need once the season starts), this is well worth the visit. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2009
I made a campground reservation for the fourth of July weekend for a Truck with a Camper and a Ford Explorer with a tent. When I showed up for the reservation, they did not honor the reservation that was taken, and I was forced to find other accommodations on Thursday July 2. In addition, one of the employees at the resort was extremely snotty and unpleasant. I would not recommend this place to anyone!!! We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for Log Cabin Resort / Olympic Nat'l Park
May 2011

May 2011
This is for an extended stay and I was working in Port Angeles for a few months on a construction job, so it worked out perfect for me to pull my rig in. It was clean, comfortable, safe and had all the hookups I expected. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  question  no  question  no  yes  question  no  question  no
question  question  no  question  no  yes  question  question  question  no
This is more of a tent camping place. The sites are not level and are mostly dirt. Only a few 50 amp sites and two are "premium" and two in a hole. Roads are full of holes. Does not look like they take care of this place very well. Will never go back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This KOA does not come up to the standards we are used to at KOAs. Normal park maintenance was just not there. The recycle area was more like an open trash area, totally inadequate. The park is next to Highway 101 so there is a lot of traffic noise. There are many other parks in the area that appear to be a better choice. It is highly unlikely that we will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here the final weekend of July because the other parks we called in the area were booked. We have been here before and didn't want to pay KOA prices for 2 days. We had a level, FHU pull-through site with 60+ channel cable TV and good WIFI. This park is more campground than RV park. Only about 25 sites are really adequate for today's RV. There were more tents in the park than RVs and, of the RVs, more popups and small trailers than larger RVs. In addition to the 90 sites with some type of hookups, there are dozens of no hookup tent sites and a dozen cabins. My biggest complaint is that when we called the 800 number for reservations we got a message saying we could make reservations through the website. What about somebody who doesn't have a computer or access to the internet. When we called the non-800 number we were told to leave a message. We called the 800 number again and got the same message again. The message I got is that you can't make reservations here by phone. Apparently you must you use the internet. Fortunately we did have access where we were at the time we were trying to make the reservations. This is just wrong. I did not bring this topic up with the staff while I was there for fear of losing my cool. My only dealings with the staff revealed a rather snippy "we know best" attitude. I don't think so. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Port Angeles / Sequim KOA
March 2014

yes (Ocean)
yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes  question  question  yes
March 2014
We stayed at Site 13, with a full, beautiful view of the shipping lane. The sites were spacious, with a fire ring and picnic table. The trails to the tide pools and bunker were well-maintained. Our entire family loved this place. We will definitely be back! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2013
This is probably one of the nicest parks on the Olympic Peninsula. It is clean and well maintained and, very quiet here. Port Angeles and Sequim are nice towns to visit and shop in. Note... Be careful of international roaming charges being applied to your Verizon bill. We caught ours in time and Verizon took care of the problem. Don't waste your time traveling any farther west with your RV. The road is difficult to drive and the towns and RV Parks (?) are run down and unpleasant. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We had a bad experience at this park, which has driven my rating down. But let's start with the positives first: it's a beautiful setting with most sites having a wonderful view of the Strait of Juan De Fuca. There are also nice trails for hiking and great tide pools to explore. Our problems stemmed from the staff and their policies. We made our reservation two months in advance, with 2 calls to the park manager to confirm our site and the dates of our stay. We arrived to find we'd been assigned a site other than the one on our confirmation sheet. We took the alternate site, set everything up......only to find we had no water. Since no one was in the check-in office, we finally contacted the manager by phone, only to be told that a special shut off valve had to be activated in order to get water. Fine...we wasted 90 minutes to finally learn that. But the real topper for us was to learn that several hundred middle school students were arriving the following morning for a day of marathon competition....and, oh, you won't be able to leave or arrive at your site by car between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. because the marathon runners would be on park roads. So basically, we were stranded there for the day, unless we could get our car out of the park by 7:30 a.m. It would have been nice (and professional?) to have been warned of this in advance, especially since we talked by phone with the park manager twice earlier in the summer. Then there is the small matter of what 300++ middle school students do to park ambiance when they arrive in the school buses and basically take over everything. My advice is, if you plan to book here, inquire in advance about the possibility of events like this. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Salt Creek Recreation Area

question  yes
question  yes
We made this reservation by accident, thinking we were talking by phone with another campground with similar name. If we had seen it first, we probably wouldn't have tried to stay there, but we would have missed out on a good experience. Most of the long-term residents in quite elderly trailers seem to be working class folks. All were friendly, and camp hosts went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We were assigned a nice level grass site with full hookups, a picnic table and plenty of room for our tow vehicle. The park has limited amenities, and the trash cans were filled to overflowing several times during our week-long stay. However, there is a 9 hole golf course affiliated with the park where guests can rent a cart and golf all day for just $10. Salt Creek RV Park is a very casually run operation (cash or check only with no deposit down and an equally casual reservation system). However, it is very convenient to the Olympic National Park, and met all our needs. WiFi was included with our $105 plus electric weekly rate -- and it worked pretty well in the early morning hours. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2010
Don't know why this park has not been rated before. We visited all the parks in Port Angeles area: not many good options. Yes, the county park is ok but very noisy. This park is great, off the main hiway, and very quiet at night. Close to all the places one wants to visit. The owner is a great guy. The nightly rate is $24, but the weekly rate is $95, a great deal when the rest of the parks around are about twice that. Yes, there is a lot of full time residents, but they are very laid back and tend to keep an eye on things for you when your out exploring. WiFi was great. Has satellite TV and internet great. Verizon cell excellent. We would highly recommend this park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

8   8   8   8   5   1   7
question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
The owners actually work in the camp, the store and its grill (the food is good and the prices are reasonable). VERY friendly and easy to interact with. Just enjoyable people. Each row in the RV Pk is terraced which gives more privacy. The wind break trees in the front will block most of the views. We were in the 2nd site, 1st row and could see the mountain across from us. They are well spaced apart and the back-in for my 36' 5th wheel was not a problem. Park is very clean and well maintained. The only downsides are no TV (not a bad break for a change) and the Wi-Fi was like most parks - not very good. We used our wireless modem most of the time. We checked out other parks on US 101 and this one was by far the best one. Granny's Café is close by - the food is fair and over-priced. In Port Angeles, KoKopells food is above average. In Port Angeles the Café Garden is in a beautiful setting and the food was EXCELLENT! We ate there twice. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
I agree this is the better park in the area aesthetically and the proximity to local area attractions is not excessive. The spacing of sites is more than the usual commercial RV park. The road noise is apparent but not obnoxious or disturbing. The pay showers are a drawback; I do not understand or appreciate. The dusty roads in the park needs to be addressed, but it has not rained here in nearly two months. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
Extremely clean and well-kept park. Other reviews mention road noise; didn't find this disturbing. Older review also mentions aging plumbing that left orange stains on clothing. We did 5 loads of laundry and had no such experience. We did notice an odor of sulfur in the water, not unusual considering the proximity to Sol Duc Hot Springs in Olympic National Park. Owners were watchful but not disagreeable. We were grateful for their oversight of the facility. Had one minor problem with a toilet in the men's room, which the owner immediately addressed upon notification. We loved the look of the place compared to other campgrounds in the area and would definitely stay here again! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Shadow Mountain Campground RV Park