Nearby Sol Duc, Washington (Air Miles)
3500 Hwy 101
Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort
2010-08-18 21:26:08
Sol Duc, Washington

8   9   5   6   7   3   2   1   3
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question
August 2010
We camped in the motorhome area next to the resort and pools, not the state park further up the road. It was basically a gravel parking lot with hookups, but for what we needed, it was fine. Close to the lodge and pools and that part is nice. You should have a reservation during the peak summer months, but we have gotten in without one before. The hot tubs and pools are great! We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2010
GREAT! Wonderful! Awesome!!! Got in last second, wished that the pools were included in RV sites, but had to pay extra for those. Great hiking trails, and clean sites. Wished we could have stayed longer. They did let us check in early as well. Stayed with 2 small children and had a great time. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2010
The good news is: it was "National Park Week" and I didn't have to pay any park entrance fees (but I still had to pay camping charges)! Plus, it was April. I got in without reservations. The bad news is: $32 for water and electric only? And the dump station is $5 extra? This is a ripoff, even for a national park! At those prices, I should have had free cable or Wi-Fi! (On the other hand, the dump station was on the "honor" system.) Actually, the initial price for the RV site is $35 (with all taxes). The $35 includes an "automatic donation" of $3 to the National Parks. IF, they remember to tell you, this $3 is "optional." You can "opt out" of it. I did. The price I am showing is the amount I paid including taxes, plus the RV dump fee. The 12 miles of road you have to drive when you turn off Highway 101 is a bit narrow. Watch those edges! The RV section of the park is basically a circle parking lot with hookups (water and electric only) and woods in the back. Well, the woods are nice. The hookups are "side by side." You either have to back in, or "front in" depending which side you get, and where your connections are. My RV is 32 feet and I don't recommend having anything bigger than that. Good thing I wasn't towing a car! In fact, if you do tow a car, you have to unhook it and stash it in another area, according to the rules. Each site also gets a picnic table and fire ring. You have to check in at the lodge, about 1/4 mile away. Fortunately, it wasn't busy at the lodge. If it were busy I don't see how an RV could maneuver around the lodge area for check in. You do get privileges to use the hot springs pool, but of course, that is extra. Verizon cell phone and air card did not work here. Also, no TV reception at all via antenna. Don't know about satellites. If you really really wanted to come here and stay awhile for the hot springs, it might be OK and I'd give it a 7. But for an overnight, not worth driving the 12 miles (one way) off the main highway. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort