Nearby Wenatchee, Washington (Air Miles)
Wenatchee
Wenatchee
Wenatchee Confluence State Park
2014-08-15 21:51:28
Wenatchee, Washington

yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
Great Park. We used it as a base to explore the Columbia river dams and associated fish ladders. The sitting on the confluence of the Columbia and Wenatchee river provide a great area to relax. The ten mile bicycle/walking path along the river is great - no cars... We enjoyed our time here and would return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We've stayed at this park several times when visiting eastern Washington. Sadly, our experiences here have been getting poorer rather than better. Prices keep going up and service keeps going down. This park, like other Washington State Parks, now has a variable pricing system. You may choose a Popular, Basic, or Economy site and each of these types may or may not have hook-ups, resulting in several different price options. Unless you're lucky and find the entrance station staffed when you arrive, you'll have to sort out the fee structure on your own. We've very rarely found the entry station staffed when we've camped here, whether it's been in the shoulder or the high season, and this time was no exception. Another irritating thing is that the park does not mark the reserved sites in any way. They do post a list at the entry station of the sites that have incoming reservations for that night. There is also a list of all the campsite numbers in each loop and the ones that are not available for that night are crossed out. You must note all these site numbers and then drive around and choose an open one. Heaven help you if you make an error and take a site that's actually reserved. Why the staff can't put "Reserved" signs on the reserved sites like they do at so many other campgrounds baffles me. Chalk it up to budget cuts. You also now need a code to use the dump station. If you don't know the code, you pay $5 to dump. After we'd been settled in for awhile and I'd dropped our fee in the drop box back up at the entrance station, a staff person came by to give us paperwork to put on our dashboard. I asked about the code for the dump station and she said I could get it from her. What was it, I asked. She couldn't remember, but if I'd come to office later she'd give it to me. Another trek to the entrance station. This park is pleasant in many ways, with large grassy sites and its proximity to town and other attractions in the area. The natural wetlands portion of the park is well worth a visit and if you like to bicycle there is access to Wenatchee's great bicycle trail system. We'd probably camp here again, but Washington's park system is getting less and less camper friendly and more and more bureaucratic so I really can't say this is one of my favorite parks anymore. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is one of my favorite state parks. The sites are widely spaced. Many have a couple trees between them that provide partial shade. Grassy areas are huge. Only a few sites actually have river views. But, there is an extensive trail network in the park, a swimming beach, playgrounds, climbing toys, and lots of room for biking. The park is surrounded by light industrial land (warehouses, businesses) and trains can be heard in the distance. I like that this park is semi-isolated, very big, and yet very close to Wenatchee, mountain hiking, wetlands, and Rocky Reach Dam (which has a cool museum and self-guided tours). The park is very popular and it can get very hot during summer. Staff is friendly, but due to budget cuts, they aren't very present. Our neighbors were very quiet even though the park was nearly full. I would happily stay here again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Wenatchee Confluence State Park