Nearby Harpers Ferry, West Virginia (Air Miles)
Appalachian National Sce
Antietam National Battle
Crystal Grottoes Caverns
Old South Mountain Inn
800 Fox Craft Ave
Rest Area On Md I-70 At Mile Marker 39 Unverified.
West Virginia
Harpers Ferry
Harpers Ferry / Civil War Battlefields KOA
2014-10-02 01:56:55
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
October 2014

question  question  yes  question  question  no  question  question  question  no
question  question  yes  question  question  no  question  question  question  question
October 2014
I checked Woodall's and went with their recommendation. It turns out that their rating is way too high for this facility. The sites are very undeveloped. West Virginia is a wet state but you wouldn't know that by the amount of grass that is seen at these sites. No Grass. Just dirt and gravel. If there is WiFi available it is not very good. Can't log on to it. Cable TV just keeps saying poor signal. The price per night was $10 higher than the highest price listed in Woodall's. My biggest complaint is that the receptionist at the registration office was not only unfriendly but down right rude and abrupt. The only reason I stayed is that I was too tired to keep driving and looking. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2014
I generally only review anything when I have something good to say. RV parks that don't live up to their promotions are not that uncommon and it just usually is not worth the time to spread negativity. This particular facility, however, is worth an exception just in hopes of saving others the disappointment and aggravation of a poorly designed facility with just about the rudest front desk person we've encountered in 20 years of RVing. This won't be detailed, but the $125 fee for two nights in mid-week off-season; the abrupt, careless and downright rude behavior of the office staff; the narrow sites, unlevel and nothing more than parking spots, really; the non-functional WiFi and non-functional television cable. Well, they're probably enough to give an idea of our experience. I expect they are around only because they have no nearby competition. My advice - Find a different park if you want a pleasant experience. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
Their price is high, but they have a lot going on for kids and free pancakes on Sunday. Our price reflects an average for 3 nights at a "stay 2 nights get 1 free" discount. They charged me an additional $8 resort fee for all three nights, but since the email stated an incorrect amount for the resort fee, 2 nights of the resort fee was taken off our bill. Sites and roads are gravel. Our site was very narrow (we could not extend our awning). Since they were so full, the office said wifi could only be obtained at the office. When rigs started to leave, wifi was at our individual site. Very clean, people nice. Price is high, but this is about the only show in town. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Harpers Ferry / Civil War Battlefields KOA