206561 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Bancroft, Wisconsin (Air Miles)
Standing Rocks Ski Area

6   5   5   10
question  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  yes
August 2012
In the pines, there is only sand and no grass. In the open, there is much grass but no shade. There is an airport across the road which had crop dusters flying every morning. Don't stay near the trash compactor aft of the office. It smells. Wi-Fi was very spotty. The pond is nice to swim in with lots of floating structures. Probably would stay elsewhere if in this area again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2012
Gave us site that had someone in it. No escort to site even though roads are narrow and confusing. We had to wait for them to leave. Roads all dirt, so between golf carts and wind, sitting outside was uncomfortable. Wi-Fi worked well. Large mats in our site that were not fastened down, and blew in wind. We'll stay somewhere else on our next trip. Probably a good place for kids. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011
First off the campground was clean and the layout was nice. I liked the fact that groups could rent a number of sites in a row and then camp in a circle or at least set up close together and not really have to stay on your specific site. Restrooms were clean, and the staff was friendly, but not what I would call helpful. The negative side is they do not enforce their own rules. Kids on bikes ride up and down the roads recklessly. I was almost hit from behind while my wife and I were walking to the Lodge. To drive golf carts you are supposed to be 16, have a valid drivers license, and liability insurance, but very young kids were observed driving with no parents along. The quiet time is supposed to be 11:00 P.M., a group of college age young adults across from us partied until 4:00 in the morning 2 nights in a row. I was in the office when another group of campers complained after the first night, and of course nothing was done. I also observed many sites, not just the college kids, with every available space taken with a tent, or vehicle. I do not recommend staying there for safety reasons, unless the owners remedy their actions and show control. As long as they fill up on the weekends they won't rock the boat in my opinion. I was told personally by seasonal campers that this downward trend in the rules started last year and has gotten worse. The place could be a very wonderful campground, but I guess until someone gets hurt the owners will look the other way. I won't go there again unless I hear of new ownership. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Vista Royalle Campground