Nearby Brussels, Wisconsin (Air Miles)
Quietwoods South Camping Resort
2014-09-03 23:44:03
Brussels, Wisconsin
September 2014

7   7   5   7   8
question  question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  yes  yes
September 2014
This is a very nice campground with full services and then some -- including a nice store with plenty of supplies, swimming pool, restaurant, bar, and more. The folks running this place are very customer service oriented. Our biggest problem, like so many other campgrounds, is that we state we need good internet because we are travel writers. They tried to accommodate us; however, even then, it works, but, mostly very poorly, and sometimes not at all. Only other problem was this morning when their lawn folks came in - no problem -- would expect them to keep the grounds nice. But for whatever reason, they kept utilizing our camping spot as a turnaround zone, over, and over, and over. Though we were trying to work, we finally left the campground, as it became sooooooooo annoying. Nothing about "quietwoods" with those guys. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2013
On one hand, we had a fun time at this park the weekend before Halloween. It was near capacity and they had crafts, hayrides, trick-or-treat. The area high school was sponsoring a haunted house. Where most campgrounds that I have been to are struggling to keep going, these people keep a crowd and manage to have fun. The playground was large. We got one of the last sites with a sewer hook up. The quality of sites varies greatly. Some of them are wind-tunnels out in the wide open and others are secluded. On the other hand, the staff here ticked me off. I asked for the Passport America rate and they told me, "We're running a special. You aren't gonna get any cheaper than that!" and charged me $74 for three nights. When I went to add a day the passport America rate was $22.50. For those of you who aren't good at math $67.50 is less than $74 that she charged me for 3 nights. We went there hoping for Wi-Fi, which was advertised. We had 4 bars at our site, but it was down. They said they reset the router and that was all they could do. It did not come up at all for the 4 days we were there. My husband went to the bar to watch the world series at 9:45 they closed down with the score tied in the 7th inning because the haunted house was ending at 10 PM, so they were closing up. One of the washing machines took my money. They sent a repair man, but never offered to refund my $1. He unplugged and plugged it in and it showed my time on it, but by then I had already started a different machine. One of the family members of the owner's started a brush fire that required a visit from 4 fire trucks on Sunday morning. It was secluded and no one was at risk. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Many sites appear to be permanent or annual rentals. Those are shaded. Apparently a newer section is generally available for shorter stays. That area is not shaded and has large pull through sites. However, those sites are very near the trash dumpsters and there are several of those. If the wind is from the right (or maybe I should say wrong direction) the stench is so overwhelming that we could not stand to be outdoors. If you can get a site further from the dumpsters, it would be an okay place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Quietwoods South Camping Resort