Nearby Tomahawk, Wisconsin (Air Miles)
Camp Five & Lumberjack S
September 2006

question  no
question  no
September 2006
This was our first trip in our first motorhome. It was the best experience. The hosts were very friendly and helpful (as were the other guests). Nice semi-private areas to park with lots of trees, I did not feel like I was at a campground, but in a private area. The area was clean, however the roads are gravel, we manuvered our almost 40' trailer around just fine. Already made reservations for next year. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2005
I stayed at this campground over the 4th of July, 2005. Oh man, this is one campground I will never visit again. The bathrooms were almost non existent. I stayed down in Mosquito Swamp and my family and I had to hike up a hill to go to the 2 stall bathroom and shower. Which my wife never did get a warm shower for her money. In fact it was difficult to get the quarters to work. The male side: well someone must have imbibed to much in the bar (on site) and made a mess of one of the 2 stalls and the walls. It was still there the next day. It finally was cleaned later that day. The pool is warm, but hazardous, it is falling apart. Bricks are missing and the chemicals are very strong. Maintenance has a lot to be desired in this campground. Looks like what was originally built has never been maintined or upgraded. Exterior safety lighting is limited to Christmas tree lights, however, the bar is nicely decorated. Maybe the owners should invest some of the money being spent there in upkeep/maintenance. It is lovely here but the deterioration takes away from the beauty of the location. If had not been for the seasonal campers and their assistance, like providing firewood and a good time this holiday weekend would have been a bust. As my family and I walked around you could tell the sites of the seasonals. We stopped and talked to several and asked who maintained their sites with flowers, etc. The response being they did. At least someone cares. The owner should be grateful for their help it helps detract from the shabbiness. The playground is nice but it had animal waste in the sandbox, my children had to watch when they played there. Unfortunately there is not much good to say about this campground. Understanding this is a family campground and that quiet time is 11 pm, the owner did not need to come to us prior to that time and tell us we were being too loud. We had just all returned from the campground firework display and were dealing with children that were excited. Voices may have been at a higher pitch. For that we aplogize to any fellow camper we disturbed, but when he, the owner, approached us it was prior to quiet time and he used little tact. The owner has some issues to resolve, including his personality. When I stated my opinion he let us know if we didn't like it go somewhere else. Well I do believe I will take him up on his offer. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

question  yes
Nice friendly campground. Swimbeach area for kids. Caught some small/tiny panfish from the pier, and threw them back for next time! We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
A great RV Park! We enjoyed our stay there. The Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were on site #78 and it was great. We are staying there again in September. We recommend this campground! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

2   7   9   5
no  no  yes  no
no  question  yes  question
This park has rapidly deteriorated over the last few years. Long-term campers have full sized refrigerators and even living room furniture outside making the entire place look trashy. The pit toilets weren't clean, were practically overflowing, and the stench was terrible. The beach has eroded and is becoming overgrown with weeds. The RV sites have become more and more unlevel. The only dump station is in an awkward place in the park where bigger rigs can't fit. Shore power from the pedestal is weak and erratic. A surge blew out one of my outlets and the power was so weak I couldn't run my AC. When I brought these issues to the owner's attention he immediately became very defensive and told me not to come back. Management is terrible! We won't be back to this park! We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park is really a mixed bag. The good are great views of Lake Alice from numerous sites and a nice swimming beach. There are boat docks and the fishing in excellent. Many mature trees also provide great shade. The bad is that there are no sites with sewer and the dump station is in a awkward place in the middle of the permanent campers sites. The pads are also extremely un-level (so bring extra boards or leveling blocks). The toilets are strictly "outhouse" style, dumping directly into the holding tank (so, it stinks). However, overall I do like this park since it offers access to beautiful Lake Alice. I'll stay here in the future. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2007
We stayed in a campsite right along the water and rented a very nice pontoon boat. People were very friendly and helpful. Check in is at the bar and there's a new shower house with 3 mens and 3 womens showers with on demand hot water heaters--which worked great. Showers are coin operated and clean. My kids loved the beach and spent a lot of time fishing from the boat docks. I've already reserved a campsite for next year. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sure-Wood Forest Campground Bar & Grill
July 2010

July 2010
Extremely rustic. Okay for tenting, but not set up for larger rigs. In addition to rate of nearly $30 they charged an additional $5 for using air conditioning. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2011

August 2011
We stayed in this park because of a review. We were not as impressed as that reviewer. The park is in poor condition with sites overgrown with weeds and some overhanging trees, roads narrow and site location sometimes hard to figure out. Full hookups are available. This would be a delightful place to stay if it were given some major TLC. It's sad to see the conditions. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2009
We happened on this campground by accident and boy were we happy. Very secluded and natural. Self check in. Honor system. It is adjacent to race way so I imagine it can be noisy during race nights. Sign posted states rates doubled during Harley weekend, when ever that is? We were the only campers in the park, and the water must have been turned off for the season but electricity was on, so we made a bonfire and had a wonderful quiet evening. Level pull through site. No cement in this park. All grassy sites, some with sewer. We will be back if ever in the area. No owners, managers, or staff around but phone number posted if help was needed. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.