219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Boulder, Wyoming (Air Miles)
Rpi- Wy Wind River View Cg 1 Mile North Of Boulder On West Side Of Hwy 191 Boulder
Wind River View Campground-8889 Hwy191
Boulder
Highline Trail RV Park
2014-08-27 01:56:29
Boulder, Wyoming

yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  question  question  question  question  yes  no  yes  yes  question
Nice park. The sites are huge, you can pull into most of them from either direction and many have hookups on both sides. The site I stayed in was big enough that I could almost put my 26' TT sideways so I had great views of the mountains. Laundry has 2 washers and 2 dryers, they are only $1.00 per load. I found the Wi-Fi to work pretty well, I didn't try to stream any Netflix but could surf pretty well. Large open space throughout the grounds so it's great if you have a dog. I was originally put in a site that was next to a family with some kids who were really loud and driving around on an electric car so I asked if I could move to another site, the camp host said "have at it", not a problem. Nice camp hosts, they gave me directions to Boulder lake so I could let the dog swim. I would certainly stay here again. Bathrooms and showers were both really clean. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Easy in/out, flat level sites, good power. We used our Verizon MiFi so can't comment on park's Wi-Fi. Easy in/out and convenient for overnight. Nothing really memorable, but we would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nice park with the units spread out pretty nicely for a commercial RV park. Laundry was nice. Open area with an occasional tree. Outbuildings looked pretty new. RV office is the double-wide trailer that the husband-and-wife (?) staff live in. Nice couple. Wi-Fi signal was strong – but the speed was barely usable (both at 9 PM and 8 AM). Campers are a mixture of permanents (working on the oil rigs in the area) and overnighters like ourselves. AT&T cell service was ‘off network’ with an Edge data connection – didn’t use it because the park offered Wi-Fi. Rate is for dry camping - no hookups. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Highline Trail RV Park

question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
The highway borders the park making it very easy to access but noisy. Interior roads and sites are gravel and easily navigated. There is no shade, many permanent residents, side by side hookups on the pull-throughs, and good basic utilities. Establishing a connection to the WiFi was very slow, but worked adequately after that. AT&T phone service was good, but data service was very poor in the area. The appearance was scruffy and unkempt with weedy grass and dog feces so thickly sprinkled about as to make walking from door to vehicle difficult. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
First off, Boulder is hardly a town but it is only about 10 miles from Pinedale which has a few services. The rate reflects Coast to Coast membership. The views of snow still in the mountains is incredible in July. The opposite direction overlooks a winding river and quiet little ranch. Many of the sites have picnic tables but they are unusable due to really tall weeds. This was our biggest disappointment. We did not expect a beautiful lawn, but they could have knocked down the weeds at each site. My husband could not wait to get out after dark to view the stars as there is no light pollution here. He was not out very long before I heard him yell and come barreling in the door. It seems a coyote was just a little curious as to what he was doing out there. Scared the daylights out of my poor husband. This is still the wild west, you know. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This is our 3rd time here and probably won't be our last. It is a no frills CG which suits us perfectly, quiet,not crowded, and in a beautiful area. The drive into the Wind River Range and around Lake Freemont from Pinedale is fantastic as is the Mountain Man Museum in Pinedale. A very nice young couple now run the park and they are extremely nice and helpful. Many C2C and RPI parks close out anyone but members on holidays. We have stayed here over July 4th and Memorial day with no problem. We will definitely stay here again. Fee reflects RPI rate. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Wind River View Campground