Nearby Devils Tower, Wyoming (Air Miles)
Devils Tower National M
Devils Tower Nat'L Mon
Wyoming
Devils Tower
Devils Tower KOA
2014-09-25 22:48:56
Devils Tower, Wyoming
September 2014

question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  no
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  no
September 2014
The view of Devils Tower made this park a very special treat! The park itself was fine, nothing too fancy, but very comfortable and accommodating. The pool was already closed for the season, but we enjoyed the community campfire and then the nightly showing of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Very friendly staff and easy access to the National Monument. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Reserved a large pull-through with 50 amp. They tried to put me in a site that was too small and 30 amp. When I got a big site with 50 amp the power was bad so my surge protector detected a fault. After an hour of messing around it clicked on after the maintenance guy finally went and "checked on it". The water leaked underground and made a pond in just a few minutes. Avoid site 49!!! We did not use any amenities so no comment on them. We loved Devils Tower and the view but beware of the campground. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Clean park and decent space between sites. Everything was as advertised except the nightly hay ride was not operational due to road wash-outs on the trail. Some sites have a blocked view of Devil's Tower due to trees. I made a reservation that claimed to have a great view of the tower. When I arrived, the host moved me to another site that ended up having a blocked view. The pool was operational but the gate was locked all day. I asked for the host to open it but they never came out. Wi-Fi is free, but average. It's often difficult to get enough bandwidth to browse popular websites, like Facebook. Price was KOA high. It's the only campground with services within close proximity to the Tower. Next time I may choose to camp somewhere else and then drive to DT, even if it is 30 or more miles out. The area is spectacular for a drive! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Devils Tower KOA

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question  no  question
Rate is with Senior Pass discount. Easy to maneuver our 33' RV through the loop and park in site B28. There are no hookups at any of the sites. Nice view of Devils Tower. We stayed one night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Great views of the tower, plenty of shade, and free firewood in a bin for a great campfire made this a winner, along with the low NPS senior discount rate. While not fancy, this park was well tended, with a recently replaced picnic table and grill, and a work crew was mowing and clearing. Summer ranger programs at the amphitheater near by. Note this campground is first come, first served, no reservations. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate reflects Golden Age discount. Camp hosts were exceptionally nice and helpful. Large sites, but roads were a little narrow with some low branches and tighter turns for bigger rigs. If there were showers, I'm not sure where they were located. Nice amphitheater and walkway to the popular prairie dog area. It would have been nice had the grass been mowed before Father's Day weekend. Very nice shaded views and convenient to the tower. Verizon signal was weak. Water pressure was low, and yes, it had to be held continually, and no dump station seemed strange. We were given strict generator hours of only between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. and between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., which was really inconvenient for us. We found 11 ticks on our dogs and in our coach in four days, and then there were the swarming, intrusive box elder bugs along with mosquitoes. It's a very pretty place, and the price is right! So we would definitely stay again but probably another season. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Devils Tower Nat'l Monument / Belle Fourche Campground

yes  no  question  question  no  question  yes  question  yes  question
yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  no  question
Very nice family owned RV park. They have a nice home cooked restaurant on site. Doesn't look like much from the road but very nice inside, both the gift shop / restaurant and the shower house. The reason I gave this park an 8 was the sites are not very level at all. The coaches next to me with auto leveling had no problems but my fifth wheel needed a good 3" side to side and more blocking in the front then I had with me after leveling the side. Also this park is power only, no water/sewer hook-ups. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Whatever these people may say if you talk to them on the phone, there is no water hookup and no sewer hookup or dump station in this sorry excuse of a campground. When I tried to hook up to electricity I got a huge error display on my Electrical Management System in Site #1. I took the EMS and walked the CG, all the unoccupied sites (only 2 were occupied) and everyone had huge voltage and frequency errors. At one point displayed a 204 Volt AND a 158 Volt leg on the 50AMP system. All the rest of the sites were between 88 and 98 Volts and with frequency errors. We asked the check in person about the water issue and he said "Well, I don't know who you talked to but we don't have water hookups here." When I asked where the dump station was located he said they don't have one of those either. Add all this together and tack on the busy highway 80 feet away from the CG sites and this is a big ZERO. I rated this a 3 because the attendant was courteous and hastily refunded our payment. We drove down the road to another campground. If I want to dry camp I'll use my Passport card and use the CG's in the park. You pay extra to use the CG showers and there are 3 sani-can portable toilets that look like they haven't been cleaned out in weeks. We won't return. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Great park for accessing Devil's Tower. The view from the base of the Tower is great. The pads are long and fairly level. They had just put down fresh gravel so they were a little soft. Park staff were busy readying for the summer season. Easy in and out. Store adjacent to the park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Devils Tower View RV Park
July 2007

July 2007
The sites are small. Hookups on wrong side. No 30 amp electric just 50 amps. A 30 amp adapter can be had with a $50.00 deposit. After looking over the area I chose to not stay here and got my money back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.