Nearby Douglas, Wyoming (Air Miles)
Fort Fetterman
City Park
Douglas
Douglas Hot Springs 86
Rest Area On Wy I-25 At Mile Marker 126 Unverified.
Wyoming

9   10   7
question  question  yes
question  question  question
May 2013
What a beautiful little park. It was dry camping, but my tanks and batteries were in good shape, so no problem. And free is a very good price! I could see why they don't want pets since there were several tame acting wild rabbits hopping around nibbling the grass in the morning as I left. The park is well off the beaten track, down a long ill-maintained county road, but well worth looking for. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2008
My husband and I loved this park with its natural rock bridge over LaPrele Creek, and the beautiful red cliffs of the canyon walls the park sits in. But you can't come into the park with pets. There are several signs along the entrance road stating "NO PETS", and more at the entrance to the park itself. We have a 32ft 5th wheel trailer, and were able to go the wrong way around the small camping loop to back in to one of the 2 areas where a trailer or motorhome can fit. Since no one else was camping at the time, we had plenty of room to maneuver the trailer around to get into the site. Camping is free, 3 day limit but you can stay longer if no one else is waiting to get in, you just have to register with the caretakers. If you can't fit into the camping area, you can still come into the park for a visit. There is a large parking area at the back near the bridge where you can leave your RV while you check the place out, maybe have a picnic under the trees and walk through the rest of the park. The road loops through the parking area so you can get back out. There was one tree branch on the way out of the parking loop that looked a litte low, but we made it through fine, and our 5th wheel is 12'8" high. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2006
This is a very beautiful remote county park with a stream and natural bridge located off of Interstate 25 west of Douglas. This park is not for any rigs over 20-25 feet, as the road is narrow winding and the sites are small. The stream, natrual bridge and red rock walls awesome. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question
question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
The plusses: great little fenced in dog run, nice viewing pond with geese, cable TV (but it costs $2 extra). The downsides: all gravel, including pads and roads, grasses away from sites were full of stickers. I couldn't pull into my site easily because of a truck that was parked too far out into the road and because it was a very short 90 degree turn into the site. There are a lot of seasonal workers staying there but the park was quiet when it was supposed to be. I will likely stay again, only because it is the only decent campground in the area. Not what you might expect from a KOA. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This is an excellent KOA! The sites are long and wide with well-placed hookups. The dog area is large and fenced with great grass. It is far enough from I-25 that noise is not much of a factor. For as large of a park as it is, it is exceptionally well-cared for, clean, neat, and friendly. The bathrooms were clean and had real shower heads! We would absolutely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Arrived at dusk on the tail end of a thunderstorm. Still sprinkling, and the wind was howling. So setup was rushed! Quiet location well off I-80. Lots of trees, but not in full leaf-out yet. Gravel grounds with small patches of grass here and there. Friendly staff led us to our site, pointed out all the connections. The wind died down sometime in the night, and we woke to a beautiful sunny day. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Douglas KOA