Nearby Douglas, Wyoming (Air Miles)
Fort Fetterman
City Park
Douglas
Douglas Hot Springs 86
Rest Area On Wy I-25 At Mile Marker 126 Unverified.
Wyoming

9   10   7
question  question  yes
question  question  question
May 2013
What a beautiful little park. It was dry camping, but my tanks and batteries were in good shape, so no problem. And free is a very good price! I could see why they don't want pets since there were several tame acting wild rabbits hopping around nibbling the grass in the morning as I left. The park is well off the beaten track, down a long ill-maintained county road, but well worth looking for. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2008
My husband and I loved this park with its natural rock bridge over LaPrele Creek, and the beautiful red cliffs of the canyon walls the park sits in. But you can't come into the park with pets. There are several signs along the entrance road stating "NO PETS", and more at the entrance to the park itself. We have a 32ft 5th wheel trailer, and were able to go the wrong way around the small camping loop to back in to one of the 2 areas where a trailer or motorhome can fit. Since no one else was camping at the time, we had plenty of room to maneuver the trailer around to get into the site. Camping is free, 3 day limit but you can stay longer if no one else is waiting to get in, you just have to register with the caretakers. If you can't fit into the camping area, you can still come into the park for a visit. There is a large parking area at the back near the bridge where you can leave your RV while you check the place out, maybe have a picnic under the trees and walk through the rest of the park. The road loops through the parking area so you can get back out. There was one tree branch on the way out of the parking loop that looked a litte low, but we made it through fine, and our 5th wheel is 12'8" high. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2006
This is a very beautiful remote county park with a stream and natural bridge located off of Interstate 25 west of Douglas. This park is not for any rigs over 20-25 feet, as the road is narrow winding and the sites are small. The stream, natrual bridge and red rock walls awesome. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question
We stayed here one night. Nice bathrooms and clean. Site was level and nicely groomed. Just out of town. Nice pool. Staff was friendly and escorted you to your site. Very quiet. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Very well maintained park with outstanding customer service. Well away from I-25 so that it is peaceful and quiet. As is typical with KOAs, sites are very close together and crowded with 90 degree turns into the pull-throughs. Mostly gravel sites. We were only there for an overnight stay and would do the same again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Very hard to reach the campground from I-25. The KOA map is confusing, and the clerk I spoke to was no help. The road to access the park was winding and narrow. The park was no better. No trees, dusty, and very unattractive. We were escorted to our narrow pull-through site,at least. The sites were gravel and somewhat level. After we had hooked up, we realized the cable and Wi-Fi didn't work. Although we had paid extra for the cable, I was too exhausted to walk to the office to let them know. Never could connect to Wi-Fi. Once again, empty promises from campground owners. I mentioned this in the morning before we left. I wasn't trying for a cable refund, and none was offered by the morning clerk. I simply thought they might want to fix it. I wrote a KOA review, and the owner e-mailed me, suggesting I was reviewing the wrong campground. Very insulting since there are no other KOAs nearby. I was astounded! She offered me a refund for the cable, but I told her to donate it. Never heard back to see if she did! I'm just chalking this up to another overpriced, sub-par KOA. Skip this one. It's not worth the challenging drive from the freeway, the dust bowl look, the lack of cable and Wi-Fi, or the rate charged. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Douglas KOA