Nearby Haines Junction, Yukon (Air Miles)
Kluane National Park And
Yukon
Haines Junction
Kluane RV Kampground
2014-06-09 00:30:26
Haines Junction, Yukon

question  no
no  no
Dezadeash Lake Campground is really about 50 km from Haines Junction. It was a very nice campground with no hookups or frills, although it did have free firewood. Our site was right on the lake. It was very windy, but there were low trees that mostly blocked it at the site. We stayed there two nights while driving to Haines to pick up mail in between. But we also explored several trails and lakes in the Kluane National Park; this campground was well situated for that. We liked this campground well enough to stay there again, but there are other appealing Yukon government campgrounds in the area that are also enticing. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Beautiful surrounding of the campground. Lots of space around the sites. There were only pit toilets available, but they were clean. Free firewood, like in all other Yukon parks. We camped here in a Motorhome.

6   7   8   9
question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question
July 2012
This is a bare bones electric only park (water and dump available). It has great level sites allowing for us to not unhook. We had a quiet night of rest at the lowest cost RV park on the Alaskan Hwy. We would use again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2012
This is probably one of the lower cost parks you will stay in on the road to Alaska. The sites are flat. When we checked in they still had not turned on the water but that wasn't a problem. We had difficulty getting Wi-Fi. I had to sit outside to get any signal at all. Would stay here again for one night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2011
This is basically an RV parking lot with fairly level gravel sites offset by small posts and a few scattered picnic tables. It got us off the road for a night of rest. The Wi-Fi worked great! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Fas Gas RV Park

yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
This was once a Good Sam park, no longer. There is a discount for senior citizens. After paying I was informed to pick a site out back from the office. The attendant recommended certain sites which would get better Wi-Fi reception. I selected those she showed me. The reception was OK. The TV stations were movies and were OK but a couple stations had loud buzzing sounds which made it unbearable to watch those channels. I had to take my trash with me when I departed. There was a large sign informing guests not to leave trash because they had no way of disposing of it. If needed, I will stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We had not planned on staying in Haines Junction until we developed a tow bar problem. The Kluane RV Kampground was the only one in town that was operating in early September so we stayed there. It was pretty good with decent hookups and Wi-Fi available at our site next to the office. Staff was friendly. It was not much more than a parking lot, but the sites were adequate and level enough. If we needed to stay in Haines Junction again, we would probably stay there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The manager was friendly and helpful. She walked out with me to survey the sites to ensure I got one we could fit into - we're 70' long! We took a site with full hook-ups. The WiFi is available if you go up to the tables on the porch by the laundry room, which was clean. The restrooms and showers looked clean. There were about 45 units of varying length that stayed that night, and all seemed to find a suitable site for themselves. The sites are level laterally but the entire park is sloped for water runoff, so there can be some issue with leveling along the length of the coach. When we auto-leveled the coach actually raised the front tires off the ground, so I had to manually adjust. We would have rated the campground higher but for the young lady who opened the store/office the morning after we arrived. Around 9 a.m. our rig popped the circuit breaker, and they do not have circuit breakers on the pole at the site. The central circuit breaker panels all have locks on them. I walked into the store and asked the young lady if she could get someone to reset the circuit breaker. There was only one other customer in the office, but she rather curtly told me she'd have "someone" take care of it. 30 minutes later we were still without power. Rather than deal with the surly young woman I started the generator as we were parked away from other coaches. I ran the generator for two hours as we prepared breakfast, showered and got ready to depart. When we departed I walked back in to the office and the same young lady was still working; no other customers this time. I told her the power had never been restored and I thought the next guest would appreciate it if the circuit breaker could be reset. With not as much as an apology, she informed me she had told "someone" to go down and fix it. I guess that absolved her of any other responsibility. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Kluane RV Kampground

yes (Stream)
May 2011
South of Haines Jct, about halfway to Haines, AK. 1 mile dirt road to CG. No CG map. Big rig friendly sites are on inner loop of CG. Early in season, so pit toilets & fire pits were still clean. Primitive campground with no other facilities. Nice trail to view the falls, and fishing in the stream. Nice, quiet place. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2013

question  yes
no  no
May 2013
This is another nice Yukon Territory Campground. It is along the Alaska Highway with easy access. There is slight noise from the highway, but it is not a big issue since the highway calms down considerably at night. As with all of the Yukon Territory campgrounds, there is no dump station. This campground did have a tap with water. There was no notice that the water had to be boiled before consumption as at other Territory campgrounds. It was very low water pressure, but could probably be used for filling a tank. As usual, there was free firewood, which was great. The campground is away from the lake, but a short trail will take you down to a very pretty lake. The campground is pleasant, not beautiful. It is good for an overnight stop, but would not be a destination park. The sites are well separated with vegetation. Our Verizon phones had no signal. There are enough trees that satellite reception is not a possibility. The campground is just outside of Haines Junction with services. We would definitely stay at this campground if passing through the area again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2010
Another of the wonderful Provincial Parks that Canada has to offer. Fairly cheap and usually some firewood to be had for free. We camped here in a Motorhome.