Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED)

Clanton, Alabama

Recent Rate: $30 9/2014

marral

Date of Stay:

Don't plan on stopping here! It's closed - gone! We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

AMW-PC2100

Easy access, level gravel sites. The bath/laundry/lounge area was first class and very clean. However, the campground was not very foot friendly for dogs on very rough gravel. No grass to walk thru along the sites, and the tiny patch of "grass" at each site was just a few tall unmowed weeds with rough gravel underneath. There was one nicely mowed spot up by the bath/laundry, which was the farthest possible from where I was placed, when I had specifically asked for a site with easy access to grass to walk my dog. My SurgeGuard reported the electric had a bad ground and reverse polarity, but it seemed to work ok. Had there been any staff present, I would have asked to be moved. I left the next morning after 9am, but never saw a single staff or attendant during my entire stay. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

DonnaZ2011

This KOA is great for an overnight stop. However, it is right on the highway so traffic noise is noticeable. This could be a nice campground with some landscaping, etc. The restrooms, showers and laundry are located in a building that is also an RV repair business, but they are very nice. They are extremely clean and modern. The manager was very nice and escorted us to our site. We would recommend it for an overnight stop. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

PurdueGirl

Very convenient campground for a stopover. Not really intended to be a long term campground. Right off the freeway, so expect road noise. Managers are super friendly. Bathrooms and laundry are cleanest we've seen in a long time. Lounge area with TV and kitchen facilities. Small dog park and children's playground. Small lake for fishing. Great Wi-Fi. I give it a high rating because it's clean, convenient, and suited our needs. Would definitely stay here again if passing through the area. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Fifth Wheel.

bcamperman

Ok for an overnight stay. Right by the interstate so easy on-off but do have the traffic noise. All very rough gravel sites. They have a large pond, but it is all fenced in and seems like a waste because you cannot use it except for fishing. No swimming pool and very little other amenities for kids. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Travel Trailer.

camper914

Great park for an overnight stop over. Easy on and off I-65. We got a back-in site which backed up to the small lake which was pretty. The back in sites are a little short and narrow. I couldn't back up as much as I needed because my slide would hit the electrical pedestal which positioned my steps off the small concrete patio. Should have gotten a pull thru site, they seemed a little wider and much longer. Entire park is gravel and our site had some new gravel which was very soft. The restroom, shower, laundry and kitchen/lounge areas were very clean and inviting. The managers were very nice and helpful. We dropped off a propane tank at the propane area and they filled it quickly and delivered it to our site. If the area was paved and had concrete sites this KOA would rate higher. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Fifth Wheel.

Dave51

Rate is with Good Sam discount. Convenient to I-65 and does have road noise. Gravel access road and sites. A nice place for an overnight stay. On-site manager is very friendly. Caution: don't mistake the interstate on-ramp for the KOA access road. Be sure to visit the Heaton Pecan Farm gift shop that is with walking distance of the KOA for pecan candy, jams, pies, and ice cream . Follow the nature trail for a shortcut through the woods and along the shoreline of the pond. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

jfolktns

Great stop over park from 231 south of Birmingham. Undergoing renovation. Lovely laundry and bath facilities. Nice store. Road noise, but to be expected with such easy access to road. Friendly staff. Great satellite reception and excellent WI-FI. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

tzdr8v

Super nice park conveniently located off of I-65 (exit 208). Thirty one level stone sites with concrete patios and steel fire pits. Has cable TV and Wi-Fi. Clean,well lighted and modern laundry, showers, restrooms and TV lounge area. Small camp store at front desk with very nice on site managers. Great place for traveling through or spending a weekend. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Travel Trailer.

wetsuitwarrier

Very nice park. Good Wi-Fi, spotless restrooms and showers, nice laundry area, level sites, and very friendly staff. Will stay here again. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

budolemiss

Great place for a one night stop over. Large pull-through sites with plenty of room for FHU. We didn't have to unhook our tow. The bath and restrooms were immaculate. The check-in and check-out very easy and the owners are very helpful. One note: you do have to look for the road to the KOA. You can see the campground from the interstate but you can easily miss the turn off into it. We have stayed here several times and will stay here again on our way to Florida. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

TexCuervo

We found this campground by looking in a well-known campground directory. When we pulled in, we were pleasantly surprised at several things. Easy access off I-65 and extremely easy to maneuver through the park and to our site. The hostess was excellent. Roads are gravel but well maintained. Campsites roomy. Each site has multiple electric plugs, 50,30 and 20 amp. Shoneys restaurant gives a 20 percent discount to campers. Dandy RV gives 10 percent military discount. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it. We did not get a chance to explore the town of Clanton. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

User3025

We stayed at this park on our way through Alabama. It was good for an overnight stay. The restrooms and showers were very clean. The laundry was also very clean. There was a full size refrigerator and stove in the customer lounge. The campground is easy to get to from the Interstate and easy to maneuver through the campground roads with our 42' motorhome, towing. We could hear the traffic from the Interstate, but it was not bothersome. We had no problem using the Wi-Fi or cable TV. We were advised when checking in to turn off the amplifer for the antenna to use the cable. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

Fdwt994

This is a great place to stop overnight. It's just not what I consider a destination park. The sites are very close together (in typical KOA fashion) and it's right next to the interstate so it can be noisy. We were in a site close to the interstate however once inside our camper it wasn't a big deal. The gravel site was mostly level, however I did have to raise one side of the camper up. The sewer connection is near the front of the site so you may need a long sewer hose if you have a long camper (we did.) The Wi-Fi was sometimes unavailable and the cable TV is sub-par (not high def and only about half the channels they advertise.) Fortunately, were were able to receive several channels over the air. Cell phone coverage is excellent. The restrooms and showers were extremely clean and looked very new. There's also a 24 hour laundry and lounge with TV in the shower house building. A nice playground is fenced in next to the shower house. The camp store is well equipped. The staff was friendly. There is a truck stop and Shoney's at the same exit so it's a convenient place to stop. We would not hesitate to stop overnight here again and judging by the number of campers I would recommend reservations. We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Travel Trailer.

chriso

Spent one night on the way to somewhere else. Although not controllable by KOA the freeway noise was a bit much. But if you want the cleanest and nicest showers you've ever seen, this place has it. Front desk friendly and helpful. Wear earplugs! We camped at Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED) in a Motorhome.

Point Mallard Park

Decatur, Alabama

Hoover RV Park

Hoover, Alabama

Birmingham South Campground

Pelham, Alabama

Are you affiliated with Clanton / I-65S / Dandy RV KOA (CLOSED)?