Sunset Travel Park

Cottondale, Alabama

5001 Jvc Rd
Cottondale, Alabama 35453

• Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Sunset Travel Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

This was OK for a quick overnight but would not necessarily suggest for more than that. My husband went into the restroom to take a shower and there was a drunk man passed out against the door. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Across the road from the office and is just a large parking lot type area with hookups. No shade. OK for overnight... that is about it. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

The park is split into 2 sections. We were in the section the street from the office. The owner was very nice and pleasant. It looks more like a parking lot than a CG, but everything worked and it was OK for 1 night. During football season there is probably no space available. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $16.00

Stayed for 2 nights. Previous reviews were pretty much spot on. We stayed across the street from the office. Power & water pressure were good. Cable ok, 30 channels, some blurry. Gravel level site. A very convenient stop for a day or so, not a vacation spot. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunset Travel Park

G W

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $32.00

I stopped here for an overnight stay. The attendant at the registration desk was very friendly and nice. This park is divided by the roadway and I was on the side without the showers and washers. I did not use them or check them out. I did check the 50 Amp prior to plugging in and all checked ok. The cable was outstanding. Spots were level gravel and had concrete pads for patios. It was easy to pull thru. Road noise from I-20 was noticeable but it was not an annoyance. It's a great place to stop overnight with easy off/on to the interstate. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $32.00

Sunset RV Park in Cottondale, AL. $32.00. There are two parts to this location; the office is located on the west side, which looks to be occupied by longer term seasonal occupants; after check-in we were directed to the east side across JVC Road, we were assigned a pull through spot that was easy to access. The pull through spots all have a cement patio and a small strip of grass. The hook-ups were also on a cement pad, which is nicely mud-free. The power was stable, and the WiFi and cable worked very well. The park was clean and mostly quite, with slight amount of highway noise which we could not hear while in the coach. The park is a good overnight stop, but could not imagine myself spending more time than that. I would stay here again if passing this way in the future. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $29.00

Have stayed here several times before always as just a decent and convenient overnight stop. There are 2 sides - East and West. West is the side where you check in and East is across the highway. We have always stayed on the East side until this time. This time we stayed on the west side which is full of people that live there full time. Never again. Residents were rude and worst of all - let their dogs run loose and crap any place they want to - including our site. I have dogs - I walk my dogs on a leash, I clean up after my dogs and I do not appreciate people that feel that because they "live there" that they do not have to follow the rules. There are not many places to choose from in that area for RV parks so I will probably be stuck staying there again but I'm certainly not looking forward to it. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

West side front row

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $32.00

Nice enough overnight stop in Tuscaloosa. Pull throughs are across the street and have level gravel full hookup sites w/cable and wifi. Both worked great on our visit unlike some other reviews. Easy on/off from I-20. You do have to pull into the original campground on the other side to register and circle around back to the exit. Would stay again. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

Very, very basic park. NO frills. concrete pad with weeds/grass. very close. Since for an overnight. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Just a nights stay passing through.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $35.00

There no customer service. They say they supply cable and WIFI. Neither have worked since I've been here and I've called the office countless times and get the same we'll have to call someone or I've ordered the parts and I hate to change distributors ( if my distributor couldn't get my parts to me in two months I'd change) or let me not pay the 410.00 or 425.00 for a couple months I bet theyd make me change. Now everyone of them are very polite as they tell you all this but I'd rather them tell the truth rudely. The power pedestals are duct taped and most connections are broken and most of the lights on them are out. Sewer connections need work -you just stick it in - no way to secure it. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

If you like BBQ Dreamland McFarland west HWY 82 McFarland exit turn left go thru 3 lights pass McDonlds on left take next left you wiggle up hill for a minute or two second stop sign turn left(there's a church there at that left you'll see Dreamland on left. The best burger in town is at a place called Cookout on 15th st take 20/59 west then HWY 82 Mcfarland exit turn right get into left lane to 15th street turn left it's on right about 1.5 miles.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $32.00

Stayed in the large gravel parking lot across street from office. Everything worked fine (didn't try wifi as we have our own). The sites for transients are a little strange in that two sites use the same pedestal, which means your door faces your neighbors door. Works fine for a few nights. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Ask the office how to get to Dreamland if you like barbeque. Very good but only serves ribs and sausage with a few sides.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $29.00

Stopover going to coming from Branson. I stayed in the park across the street from the main yard both times which was very convenient because I had a drive through and didn't have to drop my toad. No bath and showers on this side but the cable water pressure and power were good. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Perfect stop for a one night layover.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $33.00

This is generally used for the tailgaters during Crimson Tide football games, however we were there during a bye week for work. We stayed 3 days and found it to be super clean, super convenient to Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area and very quiet. We had a pull through site right behind the main building and no issues while there. I have seen other review sites give this place low grades, but as a full timer who visits lots of parks, this was really nice. It was Sunset #2 and there is another across the street. Our park was nearly full, but most of those were seasonal rentals used only on the weekends for football. We had a few others staying while we were there, but not many on our side. We loved our three days there and would recommend staying at this facility. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $32.00

Know before you go. After checking with RV Park Reviews we made reservations at this park because it had the highest private park rating of 6.7. However upon arriving and paying we were sent to their sister park called Avalon which has a 3.7 rating. We were on a gravel dusty parking lot without any amenities in a bad section of town. We would have been better off at Flying J which is at the same exit. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Motorhome.

open parking lot

Asked which RV lot you will be put in. This Sunset Travel Park owns 4 parks in the area that have much lower ratings.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

This park has two faces, one that is behind the registration office and used mostly by long term campers. This side is carved out of a hill with back-in sites. There are trees and spacing between sites is comfortable. The other is across the road and for folks like me, just passing through and need a place for the night. The campground on this side of the road is flat with a strip of alternate facing pull-throughs and an even longer strip of back-ins. Roads and RV pads are dirt and gravel with a concrete patio and a strip of grass between sites. Spacing is pretty close. Power pedestal, water, sewer, and cable are also on a concrete pad. Great for keeping feet dry when connecting/disconnecting utilities. Position of utilities were such that I had to pull my 5th wheel all the way to the front of the site, unhook the truck and then park it behind the trailer. Even then the site was a little short of getting everything in.

Power was excellent, no voltage drop running two A/Cs, electric water heater, refrigerator and my pile of electronic gadgets. Water pressure was a bit low but acceptable, did not use the cable, wifi was spotty and excruciatingly slow, I ran my jetpack. Verizon signal was mediocre, voice calls would drop a word here and there.

This park fit my needs for overnight and convenient to I-20 without being so close as to notice the traffic noise. But it's overpriced by my measure. I don't really feel I can get my money's worth in the 14-16 hours I'll be here. We camped at Sunset Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunset Travel Park

Are you affiliated with Sunset Travel Park ?