I-65 RV Campground

Creola, Alabama

Recent Rate: $30 11/2012

Latitude: 30.8732081559453

Gypsy Turtles

We used this as an overnight stop and, as such, it worked OK, but I'd never stay longer than overnight. This park is mostly permanents with tight, cramped spaces. The trees need major trimming. The lady in the office was very pleasant and helpful, however. Nothing at all special. We will probably not return. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Motorhome.

SiteCR2

Overnight stay. Arrived 4pm, and escorted to our site quickly. Used Good Sam discount. Site was very level. A kids party was going on upon arrival but they stopped as quiet hours started. Park is full of a lot of permanent residents. Most of them are very well kept. All were friendly. We could barely hear the traffic from our RV but walking the dogs you can definitely hear it. Nice large trees and birds abound. Enjoyed the stay. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Sika260

Even though highway noise can be heard in the distance, the park is very peaceful with nice trees and a variety of song birds. We stayed for three days and appreciated the landscaping, wooded areas, and abundance of shade. Nothing fancy: just a nice place to stay. There are only a small number of daily rate spaces available and the park was completely full every day. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Ray N.GA

This appears to be primarily a long-term residence park with a few pull-through slots reserved for overnight or short term campers. The gravel pads are level, and there is lots of room between sites; it is not cramped at all. We did not use the shower room, but all utilities worked well, and the park is very easy to access from the Interstate. The park is clean and quiet. Wi-fi access is available for a fee from an outside vendor. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Motorhome.

jack1

My family and I recently camped at the I-65 RV Campground in Creola, AL. First let me say that the staff is excellent. I had a lot of questions and the couple working there was all smiles and answered all my questions and even escorted me to my campsite. It was a very quiet campground with mostly workers camping there with a nice area for pull-through campers who are only staying for a night or two. There was plenty of shade and the site was long enough. It fit my camper plus a trailer and car. The bathrooms were very clean and the washroom was a good size. There is an old man that drives around a few times at night to make sure everything is running in order there. I enjoyed staying at this campground and will come back to stay again on my way back. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

grapper

Very noisy. Lots of permanent campers. Much traffic in the campground. Only a few camping spots. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Jake67

This is an "ok" park and it has mostly semi-permanent hurricane worker residents living there. The park itself was quiet but it is close to I-65 so there is some traffic noise. It is an older park with lots of trees and bushes for privacy but the road is narrow and has large speed bumps which really twisted my motor home regardless of how slowly I went over them. The two different young female staff members I dealt with were not overly friendly. It was like I was bothering them when asking questions. I arrived after nightfall and was not guided to the site and had difficulty finding it because the numbers are quite small and hard to find in the dark. I was finally assisted by other campers in finding the assigned site. The bath/showers were spotless. I would stay here again but would investigate other campground availability in the area first. Not a bad park but I dropped the rating one point because of the attitude of the staff. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Motorhome.

cpet

We overnighted at this campground and I think that is all it is good for, it appears that most of the residents are long term and sites look like it. I will say that the people are friendly and helpful and the sites, which are gravel are very level and we did not have to unhook to be able to overnight. This park was hard to get to and they need some more signs to point the way because the freeway is very confusing in the area. I would overnight there again but no more than that. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

masterreviewer

Mostly monthly permanents here. No ameneties. Few big-rig sites but somewhat difficult to actually drive to them (trees, shrubs, rocks, and other obstructions). Lots of trees. Sat. connection impossible. To their credit, they did go out and cut down some of the shrubs and branches, but it did us no good (nice for the next people coming in). One resident was dumping gray water on the ground. The office staff said that was ALLOWED and that they had permission, even though they are on a water well. Lots of rules, little enforcement. OK for a "get off the freeway" overnight, but not much more. Return? Not. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Motorhome.

cruisinalong2006

This is an old style park with lots of trees. Satellite tracking system did not work, hook outdoor satellite. Quiet park. No amenities, no playground, pool. This park is mostly long term residents. It is a safe park. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Motorhome.

rbendinger

Nice safe site for an overnight stay. We stayed here on the way to Mardi Gras, very clean nice folks, easy on and off the interstate. Escort to site. We camped at I-65 RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with I-65 RV Campground?