Jay Landings RV Park

Recent Rate: $27 7/2016

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly ?
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $27.00

This is a marina with an RV park. The full hook-up 30/50 amp sites have gravel pads surrounded by grass. They do not have picnic tables. The road into the park is gravel has some small holes so you have to drive slowly. We could not get anything on the satellite so we had to use the antennae for Huntsville stations. At the end of the RV park is a shaded grassy area next to the river. It has a dock, patio chairs and a great view of the Tennessee River. In the marina area is a small park with a gazebo, fire pit, benches, games and grill. It is not your typical RV park because the property also has a boat repair garage and storage for boats, trucks and trailers. The RV park also offers monthly rates. We had a pull-through site which was not on the river and did not have trees, however, some sites are on the river with trees. There are a lot of things to do in Decatur, so this park was a great home base off of Route 72/20. It is only 2 turns from I-65. This is a good place to stay when Point Mallard cannot take reservations, however, it is more expensive than Point Mallard. We camped at Jay Landings RV Park in a Motorhome.

The Hard Dock restaurant at the Riverwalk Marina was fun. It has live bands and a deck that overlooks the Tennessee River and Highway 31. It was interesting to watch all the boats.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $27.00

I was headed from Scottsburg, Indiana to Mississippi when I called and made reservations at another local park, but upon arrival we could not fit in any of the spots they had available even after I made sure they knew I had a 42' ft triple axle trailer that I was pulling with a long bed 4 door 4x4 dually. We had been on the road all day and 5 miles from Decatur we had a blow out and were really ready to get off the road. I called Jay Landing from the first park drive way and explained my situation and they said that they would get us into a spot even if we had to pull across a couple of spots. Wow I was ready. I want to mention that this RV park is owed by our Veterans - God bless. It looks like they are making some improvement to the park. Pros - It is right on the water, so you can fish or just sit and watch the boats go by, the staff is very accommodating, water pressure is great, close to town, and it can be very peaceful when the metal yard is not active (it really wasn't that bad). Cons - the road coming in is rough (they grated it today and that helped some), there is a metal yard behind the park that can be noisy, needs some TLC. I have been RVing for a very long time. Is this one of the nicest parks I have ever stayed in - No. BUT, I had just had a blow out, showed up at a park that could not accommodate me, needed to get a new tire (there is a Good Year right across the road) and when I called and explained the mess I was in they said they would do whatever it took to get me in a spot for a few days even if they had to pull me across a few spots - kindness goes a long way with me. Another review mentioned a semi sharp curve to get in the park area - we just backed up once and came right on in. If I was passing by Decatur and needed a place to stay I would stay here again. We camped at Jay Landings RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

There is an Elks Lodge about 5 miles away and more restaurants that you could eat at.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $15.00

No frills, quiet, at a marina, across from factories. minimal shade. We camped at Jay Landings RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $25.00

We actually ending up "NOT STAYING" at the park. We had called and made reservations. We were coming from the west on alt US 72. The first problem encountered was that we had to go past the park and make a difficult "U" turn. As soon as we turned into the drive to the RV park, we encountered problem #2. We could see the RV park about 150 yards down a narrow asphalt drive. In the 15 years we have been RVers, I have never seen a road with as many pot holes. You could not drive over 1MPH and still had to try to miss them. Mission impossible. When we got to the park, all sites were small and close together. This is a Fish Camp with some RV spaces. The camp host was friendly enough, but this was not what we expected, and decided to leave. The trip in, and out took almost 30 minutes including a few minutes of conversation with the host. We camped at Jay Landings RV Park in a Motorhome.

Smith Lake Park

Cullman, Alabama

Point Mallard Park

Swan Creek

Tanner, Alabama

Are you affiliated with Jay Landings RV Park?