Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park)

Heflin, Alabama

5002 Highway 46
Heflin, Alabama 36264

Ask fellow campers about " Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

We stayed here to escape hurricane Michael as it tore through Florida and So. Georgia. It was an emergency decision to stay here but the place is nice, quiet and clean. The grass and ground are well cared for, no trash or debris around. Our site was gravel and reasonably level an nearly 100 ft long. The spaces are fairly close together. Close enough that I would not extend an awning all the way. We are in a 45' motor home. Most of the sites are occupied by long term construction workers. The park is outside town in a rural counrty area and Cane Creek flows right next to the park and could be a concern during heavy rain. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

The nearest Walmart super center is about 15 miles away in Oxford, AL. However there is shopping, fuel, restaurants, etc in nearby Heflin. Several wineries are also in or near Heflin. One which sells Muskeeto P wine. Very tasty.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

This park is off I20- and about 45 minutes west of Atlanta metro. It was a great park for a stop over. The new owners are very involved in upgrading the park. The setting is actually very pretty - creek runs thru the rear of the park and the overall facility is very attractive. Only a few permanent campers and not a problem. I am 45 feet long with a 20 foot trailer and I had a choice of several spaces that were perfect. Other comments about tree limbs - I am 13.5 feet tall and had no issues. New owners took care of that issue. I would definitely stop by again if I was in the area. The owner walked me to my space to make sure that I would fit. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Rear loop

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $30.00

Large sites; friendly, helpful owners; strong wifi; conveniently located. The park is pretty and well maintained with a large area for dogs. This is an older Park and the new owners have done an excellent job. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $28.00

I just needed a place to sleep while transporting my newly purchased RV from California to South Carolina. I found this place via a highway sign. At the top of the exit ramp the sign did not indicate which way to turn so I pulled into a gas station and called. The owner answered and told me to go north. Upon arrival the owner met me and collected my fee. She was very friendly and gave me directions to a very good Mexican restaurant.

The park itself is poorly managed. The owner indicated that it is for sale and she wants to sell it and retire. It was more work that she thought. Here it is, peak summer season, and there are only about 5 campers. I can see why. The grass could have been shorter and the place could use some weeding. My spot was under a large tree, which scraped my roof, and I was worried what would happen in a storm. When I opened the electrical box for spot 5 the outlet did not match my 30 amp plug. However spot 6 was vacant so I plugged into that box, which had the correct socket. The spot itself was a mix of gravel and grass so it was hard to keep my shoes clean (my outside shower is on the opposite side of my entry door). The utilities worked and it was quiet so I got a good nights sleep. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Mexican restaurant in town very good and cheap - chicken fajitas for $10 and room to park a big motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park)

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $23.00

Odd place. I was quoted $27 over the phone, paid $23. The place was for sale. Mostly permanent folks in trailers with free-roaming dogs. We parked in a big grassy field and were able to enjoy playing off-leash. Fine for an overnight stop. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $25.00

This a rural park, located about half way between Atlanta and Birmingham. this is a good place to stay for a night or two, when on the road. The park is in a beautiful area. The sites are level. The hook-ups all work. While everything worked well, the park in general has a run-down appearance. As stated in other reviews, it seems the owner does not have the ability to keep the park in tip-top condition. Still this is a pleasant place to stay. We have been here before, and certainly would stop here again, when on our way to Florida, after visiting Tiffin Motor Homes in Red Bay, AL. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $24.00

The rate reflects a Good Sam discount. The park is only two miles from I-20 west of Atlanta and about 12 miles from Oxford/Anniston. It's clean and fairly well kept and has a very rural feel about it, which it is. The park is currently for sale as the owner says she is unable to continue to take care of it by herself with only part-time help. We have a pull-through spot, which was very easy to level and has gravel. There are no cement spots available and I assume the showers are in the office area. The office was not open when we arrived but a call brought the owner quickly from the house located right next to the office. We usually stay closer to Oxford/Anniston but will try this one for the next few days. There is no cable and if you don't have your own satellite, there are only 3 channels available so we'll catch up on some reading. The dogs loved the big fields for exploring. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $26.00

Park was nice for a one night stay. There were a couple of long term residents but for the most part we had the park to ourselves. Easy to get to from the interstate. We would stay here again if traveling through Atlanta. Site was level and power worked well. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $25.00

Nice quiet park. Large level sites with full hookup with grass and gravel. Park is well located, just of the I-20. Easy in and out. Very pleasant owner at check-in. Stayed 1 night. Would stay here again. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $15.00

A wonderful campground out in the country. This is a spacious campground next to a creek . There were not many folks here, so it was a nice rural setting with level campsites, and lots of room to walk and enjoy the area next to the creek. The utilities were in good shape. All worked well and were easy to get to. We had a nice drive-through campsite, that easily accommodated our 40 foot rig. The rate reflected the Passport America rate. We would stay here again. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $27.00

Quiet, country park a short drive from I-20. Open spaces, gravel sites (some could use some fresh gravel/grading) easy pull through. Lovely creek and space to walk the dogs. Friendly owner, easy check-in. We look forward to returning. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $27.00

Great park for you and your pet. We had full hookup and a huge pull through site. Just a few campers here when we pulled in, and had a couple pull in after us. Owners were very helpful, friendly and courteous. Showed us to our site. Plenty of room for dogs to run. They have a dog bathing site and small holding area if you have to wash two. Stream runs along the property, big field in the back for exercise. No problems with hookups, clean bathrooms and shower. Nice laundry room available. Just a little road noise, did not interfere with sleeping. Will definitely stay again. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $14.00

Stayed here en route to Texas. Easy on and off I-20. Very friendly. The first night we were given a pull through site. We didn't realize we were under an oak tree - very disturbed night due to acorns 'bombing ' us. No problem with moving next day. The owner very apologetic. Quiet spot, ideal stopover. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $30.00

The bathroom/shower facilities are extremely poor with no locks on a 'unisex' shower/commode. It is a small park trying to 'fix' a bad reputation but needs to be more 'camper friendly' for business to increase. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $17.00

Rate reflects Passport America. Friendly staff, lead you to site and offer to help with hookups. Great location just off I-20 half way between Atlanta and Birmingham. Easy to get in and out and level pull throughs. What else can you ask for an overnight.. We camped at Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Cane Creek RV Park and Campground (Formerly Cane 9 Creek RV Park) ?