U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park

Huntsville, Alabama

1 Tranquility Base
Huntsville, Alabama 35805

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) ?

Ask fellow campers about "U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $20.00

Small park and extremely clean, most lots are fairly level. Would stay again. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $17.00

This is a quiet camp ground generally. The price reflects the weekly rate. Most of the sights have dinner shade. It took a few blocks to level. Staff was pleasant and helpful. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $18.00

As others have said this is a small park and in my view one of the things that make it great, its on the same property as the Space and Rocket Center. This makes it very convenient if your are visiting. We has site 26, it was in the open sun with no tree shade. Just behind us the Space Camp team launches rockets all day and it was quite the treat for my son. The space was very spacious what appeared to be new picnic tables and a grill (we did not use). We loved our say and for $18 its the best full hookup deal we have found. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $20.00

Older park, in need of upgrades. Not many level sites for class As. But the price is great and is within walking distance of the Space Center. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Walking distance to the Space Center.

Featured Campgrounds Near U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $18.00

Easy to find, easy to get to the US Space and Rocket Center. Our site was paved and back in. Campground is small and clean. Great for a night or 2, an easy place to stop. It was neat to see the kids from Space camp launch rockets next to the campground, we would stay here again. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Be sure to check out the Space Center!

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $20.00

This is an older park located adjacent to the US Space and Rocket Center. Only 30 amp electric is available. There are only a few pull-through spaces, the rest are back in. Roads are tight but trees are trimmed back so clearance was not really a problem. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Free RV Parking is available the US Space and Rocket Center parking lot when the center is open...we stayed in the campground the night before our visit but then moved to the parking lot during the day as we were leaving directly afterwards. Follow signs for Bus/RV Parking. The spaces are only long enough for a 45' motorhome, I disconnected the toad and parked it in an adjacent car parking space.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $20.00

It is difficult to assess this RV park. Although it is close to the Space & Rocket Center (which is a neat place to visit), it is small, not well arranged and is in need of some serious maintenance especially the interior roads. It is a fun sort of place to stay, has full hook-ups (but only 30 amp electric), is easy to find and very reasonably priced. There are just 4 pull though sites (and we had one) and many sites are rather uneven (but not all). It's probably very attractive in summer and good weather but we hit it in rain and cold in April and the red soil is muddy and runs across the paved portion of the sites. The water connections are below ground level so they are difficult to reach down into to make connections without kneeling in the mud (and if you are not as limber as most people) and the pathway from the RV park to the actual Space Center is too far to walk in the wet and cold. Still, I saw indications that the sites themselves were reasonably well cared for (even if the roads are not) and the trees provide considerable shade and an attractive appearance. I was surprised to find several long term campers there despite the few number of sites overall. I'm not sure what this means for reservations in the warmer, nice summer months. I'm ambivalent about whether I'd return to the RV park or not. As I said initially, it's a tough call. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $10.00

Small park, on the land with the space and rocket center. Very spacious camp sights with picnic tables and a grill. Convenient to a lot of different places....Everyone very friendly. Would stay there again in the future. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $20.00

Stayed for a week, close to the Interstate so your able to get anywhere in Huntsville quickly. Park could use some TLC on the roads (asphalt is breaking up) and power hook-ups need some help. Our spot was ok to get into but very hard to get out of due to a tree next to the spot and the unit across from us, had to go against the one way sign. Overall a nice place and the people were helpful. Will stay there again if they have a space. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $17.00

I've been to the Space & Rocket center many times over many years, and I had no idea this place even existed. Stayed here for a week. Great location right next to USSRC, Huntsville, and I-565. Very quiet - with the exception of the kids blasting off rockets from Space Camp which was cool to see. Trees and shade surround every spot in the park. We stayed here during Hurricane Harvey, and the surrounding trees protected us from Category 1 wind. Staff was accommodating. Didn't like the fact that they were advertising free WiFi but didn't have it. Roads are tight & windy but still fairly simple to traverse. The bent the rules for me to come stay there because my travel trailer was barely large enough to fit in the space they had for me. Therefore, my camper was on a bit of a sideway slant. They force cars that can't fit in the spots to park up front, but they made an exception for me to park in the grass next to my trailer. It was wet when I departed, so I left truck tire marks in the landscape but they didn't say a word. Some of the spots look like they could be difficult to get into, even with smaller RV's. Only thing I didn't like was the water hookup was way below the ground on my site and difficult to connect to. If there was rain or a leak in the hose, the water connection was underwater. In addition, one time they had one another site's power go out, and they had to shut down the power to all sites for an hour. Bottom Line - I would absolutely stay here again and I would recommend others to do the same. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

I chose a 5 rating because of the lack of good power issue. This is a very workable park for visiting the Space and Rocket center. We know how to manage on 30 A but we expect full voltage on 30 A. When we arrived, the input was 117 V but with one AC on, the voltage dropped to 108 V. It began fluctuating severely and eventually my AC stopped. Over our stay, the voltage ranged from 102 Volts with only a single portable cooktop running (no AC or water heater) to 123V this AM when we woke up (outside temp was low 60's) with no park AC's running. Fortunately the weather was comfortable, but I would not stay here in warm weather. Overall - it's a great location and a great bargain. Ironically, we left as a rodeo for electrical workers was being hosted this weekend. They could have fixed it! (can't add this to the site number but it was sloped 2 degrees to the rear, and 6 degrees from driver to passenger side) We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Must visit the Space and Rocket Center. While the drinks in the cafe appear expensive at $4, you can refill all day for free... Food for 2 adults and one child was around $30. Admission for 2 adults plus one child with movie tickets was around $70. We arrived around 9:30 and left at 4:00.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $36.00

Very few spots and most filled with obvious long term campers. Spots are very close together and uneven as well as muddy and small. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Dirt

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $20.00

We arrived after staff was gone but called & they left a note on what spot to park in, paid the next morning. Super nice staff & very clean & well maintained. Our spot was not level at all but we could handle that. There are many long term looking rv's & we heard a few diesel trucks warming up at 6am every morning. Overall a nice convenient park. Pet friendly! We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $18.00

Very friendly at check in. This campground is a bit worn. The asphalt in the campsites is breaking up and the utilities are old and need updating. The sites are well spaced and the wifi worked great. Looked like some of the sites were occupied by permanent residents. This is a very quiet campground convenient location to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. $18-$20 per night is a reasonable price to stay a few nights here. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $20.00

Small campground with full hook up sites located on the campus of the space center. Surprising to see several units that had the "long term" look. The park is showing its age with some of the asphalt crumbling in some of the sites, doors hanging loose or off of pedestals, etc. Utilities were good though and for the price, it is a good place to hang out a couple nights in the area. No dog park but plenty of open space to walk them. Verizon 4G was adequate. We camped at U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Featured Campgrounds Near U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park

Are you affiliated with U.S. Space & Rocket Center RV Park ?