Montgomery Campground

Montgomery, Alabama

W Howard

The park is quite old and the entrance roads and tarmac at the office are in need of attention. The site was a pull through, hard surface and level. Quite a few permanent residents. Adjacent to Interstate. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a Motorhome.

racomarley

This park was in the Good Sam parks book as a Good Sam park, however it is NOT a good Sam Park any longer. It is very run down, dirty with poor hook ups. We will not stay there again. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tiny Beast

Can you say Deliverance? Live and learn - I will never stay in a park without referring to RV Park Reviews again. This place was reviewed last in 2007 and nothing has changed. I did have 50 amp that worked fine, but there is nothing to recommend the park other than it is easy on and easy off the interstate, and there is a easy in and out diesel place outside the gate. The park was quiet, eerily so. Several mildew covered permanent trailers on either side. Close the door and turn on the AC. Glad to say good-bye. Very unfriendly dude checked us in. Stay away. Pretty trees, and the power worked, otherwise a zero. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a Motorhome.

rwise

A former KOA CG. Old and dilapidated. The 30 Amp electrical outlet at assigned site did not work. I informed the manager who went to the breaker panel and started flipping breakers. Finally, power was restored to this outlet. I checked it for polarity and voltage (there is always a reason why the breaker trips), and satisfied all was correct, I plugged in my 30 to 50 Amp adapter (dogbone) and had power to the MH. I observed the receptacle was a very loose fit to the adapter plug. Next morning, as I was disconnecting, I discovered my adapter plug had partially melted and was stuck in the receptacle. With some effort, I was able to pull it loose. I inspected the receptacle and it looked to be partially melted and cracked. I informed the manager of the problem and the condition of the receptacle. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a Motorhome.

full time betty

No cable. no wireless internet. no friendly staff. Grass not cut. Sites uneven. I think this used to be a KOA but not listed as such but it is priced like most KOAs but if this was any good before, it is not good now. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a Motorhome.

crickeydog

Had reservation for site with full hookup. Confirmed reservation 1 hour prior to arriving with CG directly before arriving. Upon arrival, talked to same individual I'd talked to an hour earlier; no reservation and no full hookup site available. CG appears run down with numerous permanent or semi permanent transient/migrant looking trailers. Will never go back. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

southern camper

We stopped for one night while passing through. Our site was so uneven we could not level the motorhome. The other sites around us looked about the same as ours. The dirt/gravel roads were not in good condition. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

This is an old KOA site. Road into park O.K., roads to sites were full of mud due to light rain. Staff was very nice. No 50 amps and 30 amp. boxes are very old. This was the only place we could find for over night stop. I think Wal-Mart would be a better place to park. Montgomery was full of old history and nice to look at. We camped at Montgomery Campground in a camper.

Are you affiliated with Montgomery Campground?