Birmingham South Campground

Pelham, Alabama

222 County Road 33
Pelham, Alabama 35124

Ask fellow campers about "Birmingham South Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $39.00

This is a fairly nice campground with easy access to the interstate. Our site required some leveling and I couldn't get their WiFi to work. Also some of the extended stay sites were looking a little trashy. However my biggest issue was paying $39.00 a night at the Good Sam rate and I wouldn't stay here again for that reason only. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $40.00

I don't know what happened to the reviewer who entered a complaint about noise from the trains, but we did not experience that problem. We heard a couple of trains but nothing to the extent that he described. I want to give this campground a better chance at being selected as a stop-over. It was easy to get in and out of; has pull-through sites; is quiet and convenient not only to I-65 but also to shops and restaurants in the Pelham area. A 10% discount to KOA, Good Sam. Nice gentleman in the office, very helpful. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $30.00

We arrived after the office had closed and it was very easy to still get registered. We were however given the smallest tent site and would have rather one of the larger sites and we were the only tent all weekend. The camping kitchen was a nice touch. The bathrooms were spotless!! The pool was nice and we were informed that they would soon be heating it. The campground was very quiet except for the train that goes through several times during the night. It didn't bother me but it did my husband. We would and will stay here again. The lady in the office was very sweet too. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Tent.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $38.00

We were in site 49, which I would not recommend. It had a tree right in the middle of the site which made it difficult to have the awning out and the picnic table was in the wrong place. I would say that out of all the sites they had I liked only a hand full of them. The campground itself was very clean and well maintained. It is an older campground and does need some updating. The pool was really nice with a nice playground for the kids. The restrooms were clean just outdated. This is a great place for an overnight trip. The train did not bother us at all during the night. The pricing of the campground is a little strange, they charge extra for a few things such as guest for more than ten minutes being there. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Birmingham South Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $34.00

I really enjoyed staying here! Great for kids to play and swim. They had a very nice pavilion that was close to the pool and the playground. I also enjoyed using the very nice bath house due to a heating problem with our RV one night. I actually got to take a hot shower. We stayed on our way to Tennessee and on our way back home. This will definitely be a good stop for us on the road. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $25.00

Wonderful RV Park with clean facilities. Price was super. Good safe place. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $42.00

WARNING: If you are a light sleeper/not used to very loud train horns all night, don't choose this park! I almost gave this park a "1" simply because that's how many hours of sleep I got the first night! One! But fortunately, with good ear plugs and total exhaustion, I slept better the second night and am feeling a bit more generous. The park is OK and has nice features (a great kid playground, a small fenced-in pet area, is close to a lot of stuff). However, it is VERY pricey for what you are getting. Compare it to staying in most state parks with nearly the same hook-up features for about half the price! The office hours are strange: often closed, evenings, and sometimes mid-day. Many of the pull-through sites are kind of short, so it's hard to fit your toad. And one of the things that may serve as an alert to me in the future: they won't even consider refunding your money should you decide on a shorter stay unless you make that call within the first hour of being here! I certainly had no idea about the loud trains within the first hour of our arrival! Now, all that said, apparently a lot of people aren't bothered by such noises, as I didn't catch any warnings about that in any reviews: until I looked deeper, into older reviews. One other thing: their strange pricing policy. I guess our rate for 50amp was $41, with Good Sam, they took $4 off, but then the tax rate was huge, which essentially brought the nightly total to $42. Too much. I wouldn't want to put them out of business, but I sure wouldn't want to stay here again. Only reason we ended up here was because Oak Mtn SP was already full for the weekend. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $42.00

Garmin GPS did not recognize the address, but it had a KOA in Poi: bingo. Easy access to I-65, we just needed to overnight. Was an easy check in, has a great camp store: it's like a mini CW!! There were several negatives. The price is too high (although if we were using pool etc., it would be ok). They charge $5 for 50 amp, and the site was not level! The cable TV was very fuzzy, but our satellite dish worked. And the sewer connection was too far back: we would have needed several hoses to connect. All in all, fair at best. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $34.00

A very nice CG; excellent value. Superbly stocked store, very friendly staff, pool heated to 85 degrees in March! The only criticism was our unlevel gravel site, which couldn't be corrected with our ramps. Doors have to be held open and the refer heated up by 6 degrees; hopefully no damage will be done. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $34.00

We stopped here on the way to Florida. There is very easy access from I-65. The facilities were very clean. The camp store was well equipped. There is a playground and a pool. We especially liked the little pet area. Some of the sites are a little close together. I would definitely stop over here again. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2009 - $37.00

This is our 4th time to stay here on our way home or on our way to the mountains or to visit relatives in Birmingham. We like this campground. Very convenient! Friendly Staff. We will always stay here when in the area. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: September, 2009 - $40.00

This park is easily accessible from I-65 and is big-rig friendly with numerous pull-through sites. The facilities are very clean. The paved and gravel sites and interior roads are in need of repair. The staff was friendly and at check-in offered us a cheaper rate, but the manager, without explanation, withdrew the offer made by the check-in clerk which caused some frustration. The manager then made rude comments. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $36.00

Old park roads and some of the sites are in pretty poor condition. This place is pricey for 30amp service and water. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $43.00

Nice park, well laid out, easy access. We arrived late and left early, so had little interaction with the staff, but the one contact was friendly and helpful. The shower arrangement was not well received by the ladies in our family camping group. A door from the bathrooms leads to a common hallway with individual shower rooms all along the hall. This is obviously an efficient system, but the ladies were not too comfortable with the arrangement. A little high priced, but a good place for an overnighter. We would come back. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $38.00

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting Birmingham. Very convenient location near to Interstate, and close to Home Depot; grocery stores; Starbucks; shopping mall, etc. Close to train track with some train horn noise at night. Friendly staff, nice shop, & facilities. Some access roads rough / gravel. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Birmingham South Campground

Are you affiliated with Birmingham South Campground ?