Chickasabogue Park

Recent Rate: $20 4/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $20.00

We arrived late and could barely understand the speech of the park kiosk attendant and the instructions on how to find our site (he was out of maps) so we got on the wrong road and had an ordeal turning our 43' bus around. Went back to the kiosk and no one was there. Some helpful campers gave us directions to find the campground and then we were shocked to see how narrow the pull-through actually was. We made it by backing in and managed to get hooked up. Since it was only overnight, we did not see anything more of the campground or the surrounding area except for some questionable characters around us. Wish we had stayed in the Walmart parking lot. I would not recommend this to anyone except as a last resort. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $20.00

Of all the parks we stayed at on our 5 month trip through the south this is one of only two where I would probably not return.

The park was a typical county run park. a little run down and need of a little clean up but overall not bad.

Unfortunately it is in a really run down part of town. Venturing to and from after dark seemed like a really bad idea. The roads in and out were not in very good shape. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Stayed here to see the USS Alabama and other historical sites in the area.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $22.00

Stayed here for one night only. Was good for the price. Very woody, sites not real close to others. Getting to the park was kind of through a residential area, but not too bad. Going out was through a more iffy part of town so I was glad it was morning and not midnight. Would probably stay again if needed overnight. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $10.00

Interesting park. A bit out of the way, with too many run down, almost scary, “permanent” residents. Maintenance is definitely an issue. Restrooms are like a typical state park; however, they need a good thorough cleaning. No internet, no cable; television is via antenna or satellite. No problems with cell phone service. Sites are large, somewhat level with concrete patio, fire ring, and table. Rate was Passport America. There is a major Frisbee golf course at the entrance, with user's cars parked alongside the road way. The picnic / fishing area was under construction and closed during our visit. Stayed as an overnight stop, and would do so again only if necessary. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $9.00

Nice place and friendly staff. The site we were assigned was too small for our rig, even though we informed them about size when we reserved. A security guard was at our site and told us we would not fit in it, so he put us in the one next to it that was plenty big. Quiet, and lots of privacy. Appears to be several homesteaders, but still a nice place. For the money (PA rate) it is a really good deal. We would stay again if in the area. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $10.00

This is a county run park that we found through Enjoy America. It is not in a very nice area of Mobile. Do not follow GPS directions which will take you through bad neighborhood streets. During the weekend days, the park is very busy with the locals. It took forever to check in. The disc golf course was nice and well used. We stayed in the campground area as I was not comfortable using the public areas. The bathrooms were so dirty my husband wouldn't even use them. I would probably not stay here again. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $16.00

This is a pretty park outside Mobile, set back in the woods near the Chickasaw River. It looks a bit worn, but fairly well cared for. There is a large ball field and a picnic area available. The campsites are rather smallish, at least the pull-through sites are. But they face into the deep woods, so there is a lot of privacy. I would have never found this place on my own. My mother has been here many times and recommended it to us. The only thing about the park that kind of made me raise an eyebrow was the road going in. You have to drive through some neighborhoods to get there--lots of high grass, broken screens, and rusty cars to be seen. My daughter asked if we were lost! We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Travel Trailer.

WPB

Date of Stay: September, 2003 - $18.00

I learned about this CG through a co-worker. The first time I used this CG I was running away from Hurricane Lilli as it prepared to slam into Louisiana back in 2002. The CG is owned and operated by the city of Mobile. It is set up like a state park. The staff was exceptionally courteous and pleasant. When I arrived, there were only 4 other campers. By midnight it had filled up with others fleeing Hurricane Lilli. The sites were earth and easy to access. The roads appeared somewhat narrow but I had no problems with the 28 foot 5'er. There is a lot to do here but the park is renowned as a mountain bike haven. The state championships are held here. I'm not into this sport so I can't say any more on the subject. My friend told me that during events this place is packed. At night it was very quiet but if listened very carefully you could hear the trucks on I-65. The roads leading to the park seem to go on forever because from I-65 northbound you have to go past the park then double back to get there. It is near the University of Mobile. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

I-10 Kampground

Payne's RV Park

Johnny's RV Resort

Shady Acres Campground

Mobile, Alabama

Are you affiliated with Chickasabogue Park?