I-10 Kampground

6430 Theodore Dawes Rd
Theodore, Alabama 36582

Recent Rate: $120 4/2017

Longitude: -88.193027899475
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem yes

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $120.00

The bathrooms were nasty. The park was nasty. Looked to be run down and full of trashy people. The cops were out there several times during our stay here. From other residents talking to us there is a lot of theft going on in this park you have to watch your stuff. Very loud. All night long loud vehicles kept passing our fifth wheel waking us up. Not well lighted at all. Lot of junk at everyone's campsite. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Fifth Wheel.

M5

No Others In Sight
Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Shop elsewhere to stay.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $20.00

Needed a place for one night. This place fit the bill. Close to I-10 and easy in and out. 64 cable channels that actually work. Perfect for overnight stop. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

E 4

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $25.00

Generally run down with many permanent residents. We were parked in one of the pull throughs at the front of the park. Tried to dump tanks but had to stop as they were having major problems with the septic system for this area of the park. Don't care to expand on that subject any more than I have to. Lots of noise during the day with traffic coming and going and sirens passing by on the street. Not a park I would recommend staying at. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $25.00

Staff friendly and helpful. Many large trees. Mostly permanent residents. About a dozen pull through spots up front for pass-through rigs. Gravel pads but all slope up-hill a bit; requiring raising the back end (which I don't like to do on jacks) Wifi is fine. Cable fairly good on local channels but not most cable channels despite their extensive list. 30 amp voltage on the high side, approaching 128-130 volts. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $22.00

Not much for what I would call fancy, BUT it was a decent place to hook up and feel fairly safe for the night. Did use laundry room and it was OK. The place seems to need to be kept after, and maintenance brought up, but it was quiet enough and worked out for us. Sewer outlet near rear of space so bring extra sewer hose and only one outlet on each site. Looked to be many long term campers here. It was right off I-10 close to the exit so it is easy to find. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2012 - $25.00

This is a simple campground with a large number of long-term RV’s. It is close to 1-10 and a short distance from Mobile. Basically I would rate it as being adequate for an overnight en route to elsewhere. Pull-through sites are long and narrow. They offer free cable, newly installed free Wi-Fi (not yet throughout the campground), water, electric, sewer, propane ($), pool. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2011 - $25.00

This is a $25 dollar campground. No WiFi, but they are working on it. Lots of old RV’s that have been here a while. Some picnic tables, we had to go find one about 4 sites down that was not being used. Best thing, it is close to I-10. We would not think about using the bathrooms here. If you don’t have to do anything but stay overnight here, you would be fine. Almost forgot: we saw a dog unleashed and it went over to a utility hookup pole and did his thing on it. Glad it wasn’t mine. I think Wal-Mart would be a good choice next time, over this campground. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $25.00

The park was older and needs some TLC. There are good long sites, the water was good, but there were some problems with power. Lots of long term contract workers stay there, so it is not a resort, but rather a workers camp. There is good access to I-10. It is an easy stop over for overnight and also for long term camping if you are working in the area. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $25.00

This is our third time here. It is surely not a "Resort" or even a KOA. But it's 25 bucks for full hookups and everything works. Nice people run it. For an over night it is just fine. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $24.00

We ended up here just before July 4th, and were finding other parks full. The people in the office were friendly and helpful. We had a guide to our site and wonder if the site across from us has ever been "observed". We closed our curtains to elimnate the "dump" directly in front of us. I would not use the restrooms. I do not think Good Sam or Woodall's has looked at this park in a long time. I would not recommend this park or stay in it again. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

edh

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $24.00

A pleasant,convenient older campground managed by a very hospitable couple. Nothing fancy and a limited capacity for 42' rigs but we'd be happy to stay there again. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $23.00

The people in the office are very pleasant and the sites are shady but this campground has mostly permanent residences. The roads are in need of repair and the sites are very narrow. The picnic table at my site was broken but I wouldn't use it anyway since it was right next to the sewer connection for the next site. I was here for only a couple of nights and those sites provided are very close to the local road which has a constant stream of traffic all night long. For overnighting it is sufficient and very close to I-10. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2008 - $24.00

This is simple, clean campground. It is 1/2 mile off of the interstate so is fairly quiet. This is a good place to stop for a night or to explore Mobile since it is only 10 miles to downtown. We would stay here again. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2008 - $24.00

The owners actually waited for us to come in after closing time. We stayed overnight while passing through the area. There were cats everywhere but this did not bother us. Nice stop. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2008 - $24.00

This is a handy park near I-10, with nice big trees. Restroom and showers are clean and adequate, nothing special. Sites are semi-level crushed shells and gravel. We camped at I-10 Kampground in a Motorhome.

Ace's RV Park

Mobile, Alabama

Payne's RV Park

Meaher State Park

Spanish Fort, Alabama

Johnny's RV Resort

Theodore, Alabama

Are you affiliated with I-10 Kampground?