Johnny's RV Resort

Recent Rate: $15 7/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake

Spad55

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $15.00

40% full time resident campsites. Roads are paved and narrow with sharp turns. Sites are gravel, sand and all downhill. Sites located halfway from entrance to lake are very uneven i.e, 8 to 12 inch drop back to front and 5 to 10 slope from side to side. I had to use all (12) leveling blocks under the tires on passenger side and the front hyd. jacks at max extension to level our 5er. Staff are very friendly, helpful and will not hesitate to satisfy your needs, restaurant onsite with very good fajitas. Every site other than overflow are shaded with large oak trees. Therefore, black ants everywhere i.e, in the coach, in the vehicles, cabinets etc, yellow flies, rotten limbs falling on your roof all night (Must clear off before you leave) and, since all sites are downgrade all storm-water runs straight thru your site. Nice thing is the newly constructed pool along the banks of a 5 acre lake with a jogging road and benches, fishing is allowed (catch & release). Strong WiFi and cable. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Park is located within 10 to 25 min from all shopping and eateries. easy on and off of I-10, 10 min from I-65.

rversfrommaine

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $18.00

Nice park with a beautiful small lake - have stayed here several times for up to a week while traveling. A good value with P.A. Our site was level and had a cement pad and patio. Others are dirt and gravel, but spacious. Park is convenient to downtown shopping and businesses. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Motorhome.

John & Carol Dunn

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $28.00

After 7 months traveling this was a pleasant stop for 2 nights rest. Very quiet and roomy. Would recommend to anyone. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

c lewis

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $18.00

We turned into the park but could not find the office. After asking a resident, we were told to go through the fence opening next to the laundry building & the office would be to the left. The manager was very friendly & took me on her golf cart to show me how I needed to go to get to my site. I had to loop through the back of the park to get turned around. I never came close to any low hanging branches that were mentioned in a previous review. Nearly all sites are shaded by huge old oak trees. Our back in site required a little leveling, but was plenty deep enough & had a nice concrete patio. The long term residents were very friendly & their sites were clean. We never experienced any train noise or road noise at night. I have never stayed in a park where all residents adhered to the 5 mph speed limit as well as they do here. All utilities & WiFI worked well. There is a very nice lake at the back of the property. We will make sure we stay longer on our next trip to this area. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

rvbravo2

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $17.00

Rate is per Passport America. Valid for one week. Friendly staff saved a site for us though we arrived when office closed. Tidy and clean. Easy access off I-10. Several pull-throughs. Most sites are gravel but we had to fiddle a bit for leveling. Nice little lake to walk around. Wi-Fi OK. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Snidely Whiplash

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $17.00

It is outright lying to call this a resort. Price paid were Passport America and I don't think it was even worth that. Manager who checked us in could not have been nicer, she was super helpful and friendly. The park is nearly filled with older RV's and year-round residents, some of whom are up pretty early warming up their trucks and leaving for work. Park was just OK for big rig access if you go slowly, follow the given directions, and watch for low hanging branches. Utilities worked fine, except for Internet which was unusably slow and flaky. I would have rated this park another point or so higher if it would have been quiet at night and I could have gotten a good night's sleep but there are train tracks running alongside this park and trains run regularly, even at night. They blow their horn on each pass by the park. The second train of the night was loaded so heavy it actually shook my large RV as it passed by and blew its horn waking me up for the second time that morning. This woke me up for the third time after the earlier train and the workers warming their trucks and leaving for work. I was awake the morning we stayed more than I was asleep. We would not stay again. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

vern bauch

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $18.00

The only reason I did not give this a ten is the two bad points. The pads are gravel and few are very level. We had a spot with a lake view and large oak trees, beautiful. The permanent residents seem to be all around us. They had the nice spots near the lake and at 11pm a neighbor fired up his motorcycle and then at 6am another neighbor fired up his bike. Nice people but the management should put full timers in an separate area for themselves. This had a great dog walk around the 5 acre lake and the dogs could be off leash. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Motorhome.

BLUEROO

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $17.00

Clean and nice park. The park is a few miles from I-10, but good for a overnight stop on our way out west. There are a number of permanent residents but plenty of open sites. There are many sites with trees and shade. There is also a small Lake on the property. The staff and residents were very helpful and friendly. The rate was Passport America. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Betty & Scott

Date of Stay: February, 2012 - $14.00

RV park has gravel sites, easy back in. Nice shady spots and with family atmosphere and friendly staff. A little road noise in the front of the park and you can here a distance train (but we love the sound of a distance train). Bathrooms were very clean but would like to have a door on the bathroom stall instead curtain. Wi-Fi was OK, not great. Nice walking trail around the lake (would been nice if they didn't dump the leaves on the other side of the lake). The rate reflects monthly rate. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

rgrcpa

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $27.00

New ownership is trying to upgrade sites, etc. There are foodstuffs and supplies available. Staff is very helpful. There are a lot of permanent residents and the owners are trying to remove some of them BECAUSE they get up early in the morning to go to work, starting diesel trucks at the crack of dawn. Additionally, our site was too close to the highway, generating road noise all night long. On top of that, the dump truck emptied the dumpster at 7:00AM. The camp has no designated pet walk area. Dogs can be walked anywhere as long as leashed. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Motorhome.

dawn-rick-nuwa

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $15.00

We stayed at the park for 3 days and found it to be an excellent location for the I-10 traveler. There is a Supermarket just down the Hwy from the park along with multiple fuel locations. The park is clean and has excellent cable TV provided in you rate. Large trees provide nice shady spots. We would most certainly stay here again if we are in the area. $15 rate reflects the Passport America rate. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

tiredofit

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $10.00

This was a surprisingly nice park. Our 45' rig pulled in easily. They have many pull-through sites. There is a restaurant that is very popular. Workers and campers were very nice. Most of the park is filled with older permanent residents. Very quiet, no activities. I would return for a few nights. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Steve Groves

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $14.00

This is a nice park with plenty of shade. The negative part is that it is right off of Hwy 98 and it is very noisy. Around 5:00AM you can hear trucks loading and unloading and for us, we were woken up every morning. Management is good and very friendly. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

mrs.sjohnson

Date of Stay: November, 2009 - $24.00

The park was beautiful and well maintained as far as the landscaping. The problems we had were with management. We had planned on staying a few weeks but left after only a few days. It appeared to my husband and I that there were drugs being sold by the manager. She and the woman she called her sister were very rude and unprofessional. The managers dog nipped at both my husband and I when we went to the trailer up front that the manager had said was the office. It was as though anyone asking her about anything was an in convince to her. We were told about this park when buying parts for our trailer, by the young owner of the park. He was a very nice young man but I feel we were advised to go to the wrong park. I would not advise anyone else to go to this park after the treatment we had while we were there. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

redrose

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $27.00

When we arrived a lady approached us, she was very dirty and looked as she hadn't had a bath in weeks. She stated that she was the manager and her spot was the first trailer and pointed it out to us. It was very trashy looking with a hole lot of plants and most of them looked half dead. We asked about the monthly rate because we were looking for a place to stay for a couple of months to rest up before hitting the roads again. She stated the monthly space rent for a 30 amp was $350.00 and noticed we had a dog and commented that all dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and gave us a rule sheet of the park. I saw a little brown dog running around and asked her who's cute little dog does that belong to and she replied that was her dog. After settling in, I read the rules and was confused! The rules stated all dogs must be on a leash and no more than 10-12 plants and they must be neatly and all lined up neatly. The speed limit is 5 mps at all times. Ok if this is the park rules do they do not apply to management? Her dogs wasn't on a leash! She had about 25-30 plants scatted and half dead at her trailer! And I never see her out side telling people to slow down! People drive very fast through this park. I went back to her trailer with a question about the wi-fi and as I was approaching she was hollering and cursing at lady holding a baby! So I decided to wait and ask her after we got back from getting a bite in town. After returning back to the park I asked her about wi-fi and she was very rude to me. The management here was very unprofessional and is very unfriendly! She acted as if we were bothersome to her by asking a question and it wasn't her job! I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this park to anyone even though this park was pretty, it is not well managed by management! Also the sign posted there was a swimming pool and there was no pool. We camped at Johnny's RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Johnny's RV Resort?