8.7 Excellent

Troy, Alabama

102 Doe Dr
Troy, Alabama 36081

• Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Deer Run RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $38.00

We stayed here while at a 2 day softball tournament in Troy. I had read the reviews and it sounded like a nice place to stay. This park is very large with 2 different areas and we were escorted to our site by an employee which was good because finding the numbers on each site was very hard. Not well displayed. They put us in the area closest to the road so we had a lot of road noise. Looking around it seems like a large majority of the campers/RV's are long term or permanent. Quite a few being run down. We felt crowded in our site, could not put the awning out and stepped out of our door either into the picnic table or a bush. Bathrooms are nice and clean but they are a long way from one of the camping areas. Staff was friendly and helpful. We spent very little time there so it was an okay place to stay. If we had of gone here to spend any length of time I would have been disappointed with the site we had. Check the sized carefully when making reservations. Try and get a site further back in the park because the ones up front are close to a busy highway and you will have road noise. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

We were assigned site 51. After my husband hooked up and came in the coach, he got severely shocked when he grabbed the hand rail to come back in. I called the office to let them know there was an electrical problem. I was told by staff person #1 that she had never heard of such a thing and that they would call an electrician. The assistant park manager came right away. He said he would try to get someone to come take a look and they would give us a free night. He had us move to site 56 which was higher and drier. After some time a maintenance man showed up. He did some testing but did not know what the problem was. He said that he is not a certified electrician. He too got seriously shocked while working on the coach. He finally left after my husband paid him and we went to bed. It was 85 degrees inside the coach. A miserable night! I emailed the person linked to their website (staff person #2) and told her the situation and and that since we had prepaid 2 nights, I expected a refund. We did some online research and found a lot of information on reverse polarity and "hot skin". The next morning we got a call from staff person #1 telling us that we had to leave because they were shutting our power off. We stopped in office and did get a refund. My husband told her to google "reverse polarity" and she rudely replied that she did not need to. It is a shame we had such a horrible experience at this pretty park. Overall the campground was clean and spacious. Most of the staff were courteous but the management still refused to address our problem even when their electrician got shocked because of the reverse polarity. We must have stayed at over a dozen campgrounds since and only had this problem at Deer Run Campground. For the safety of my family I would not recommend this campground to anyone. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

51 56

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

Stayed there for 3 nights. An average RV park that has concrete sites. The site we had was a FHU level site. Park was noisier than other parks since the roads were gravel and most vehicles did not honor the speed limit. The RV park themselves violated quiet times by having the trash dumpster emptied before 8 am. There was a nice fishing lake and spa on premises. Overall it is fine for a stop over or only for a few days. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Visit the beautiful campus of Troy University. Also recommend eating at Prestons. It is one of those good restaurants attached to a gas station.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

LARGE PARK with gravel sites which are level. It has a pool and spa even though we did not use them. Some sites are close to 231 but it quiets down after midnight. There is a small catch and release pond. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Deer Run RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

the park was laid out very well did not feel cramped for space. the roads were gravel but well taken care of. nice concrete pads that were level. we stayed 2 nights over a weekend for baseball tournament. will stay again in 2 weeks for next baseball tournament. pool was clean. great customer service. we stayed in a 30' travel trailer. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

campground is at county road 1124. easy to pass by there is a pretty big sign.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

One of my favorite camp grounds after four years snowbirding from Wisconsin to the Keys. Plenty of choices of site types - open space, wooded, near the showers, or near the pond. Plenty of places to walk the dogs. Open areas and around the pond. Satellite and WiFi worked great (our site was one in the open space, not wooded.). Escorted to site, friendly, welcomed wth bags of fresh popcorn. No camp store. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $34.00

What a great experience at Deer Run RV Park. We stopped as a stop over on our first long cross country, Jacksonville to Omaha, NE. We simply wanted a place to crash but enjoyed it so much, it will become a destination; not just a stop over. No complaints. Cell signal can be a problem, but I simply put up my WeBoost RV and I was running with 4 Bars LTE. Everyone was friendly, site was clean, bathrooms and shower were super clean! Grounds are amazing; we love it here! We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

On our way from St. Joseph Peninsula to Montgomery AL by route 231, this huge rv park was perfectly situated for a night rest en route. The two ladies who welcomed us were very devoted, accompanying us to our shady site. The "spic & span" laundry room is modern and quite useful after 2 weeks in state parks! The 231 road is a bit noisy day & night, but is acceptable for one night. Would stay there again if we travel that road again. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $35.00

A large campground with many long term campers. Most of the short term campers are in a separate part of the park. If you plan to use the laundry or restrooms, ask to be in to the back part with the long term campers. Sites have concrete pads and full hookups. Restrooms are clean but there are only two shower/commode combos each for ladies and men for the entire park. The laundry is spacious with several relatively new washers and dryers. The campground is located on US 231 N outside Troy, but get directions from their website as your GPS will not get you there. May return but would probably go to Montgomery instead as it's easier to get there. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Near Troy where there is a University. There are many stores, etc.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $34.00

Older very well maintained R V Park. Sites have level concrete parking pad and gravel. All interior roads are gravel and smooth. WIFI is sufficient for light browsing and email. AT&T and Verizon cell service are both strong with 4 bars. Utilities are placed on the rear third of the sight and work as expected. Cable is 70 grainy channels. Park is off US231 on Doe Rd. and is very quiet. Sights are generally spacious with some among trees some in the open. All in all a good value for your money. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $37.00

Large park with close to 100 sites. Easy road access into and in the park. Check in was fast and friendly. Even though the park is on Hwy 231, the road noise was minimal. The park is well maintained and very pretty. There is a large catch and release pond as well as another pond. There is a spa on site, didn't use it but it has good ratings.

We were in Site 59, a concrete pull-through with full hook-ups, no issues and 50 amp electric. The sites are angled so you are not looking right into your neighbor and a little wider than normal. Our site was plenty long enough for our 37-foot Class A, tow-dolly and parking the car. There is laundry on site but we did not use it. There are plenty of places to walk the dog and some secluded areas for off lead running. WiFi was good as was our Verizon signal. We stayed December 1, 2017 and paid $37.62 a night with our Good Sam Discount. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 59

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $38.00

Deer Run is a nice park. The check-in was easy and efficient, the desk person was very nice. When making the reservation, I asked specifically for a long pull-through site with no trees (I don't like stuff falling on the slide tops/roof). Well, we have a tree right next to us and I can hear acorns (?) hitting the roof. Since we arrived at about 4 PM I can see behind us that the few wide open spaces that are still empty at 8:30 PM. I guess they didn't realize that I wanted 'no trees'. I would certainly stay at this park again as it seems nice, I will have to emphasize that we don't want trees! We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Easy on, easy off of hwy 231.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $38.00

Our reservation got messed up, but they had room for us. I really enjoyed this campground, but you want to be in the back section near the laundry, restrooms, and showers. If you are up front, there is no facility there. The campground is in a nice setting with trees and 2 lakes. There is nice space to walk the dog. I would stay here again. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Troy, Alabama is nearby and has anything you need.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $32.00

We spent a week (rate reflected above) here in a 42 foot 5th wheel on a nice concrete pad (Site 50) with great shade trees and a picnic table. The park is convenient to US 231 and easy to get in and out of. The personnel were all very accommodating as well as the folks in the park. The interior roads are gravel and can be dusty. There is a sun-belt (no shade) area that few campers were in because it was very warm there. The hook ups were convenient and the WiFi was great. Would definitely recommend to others. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Troy University is ~9 miles away and is a very picturesque campus to walk and have lunch at. WalMart is 9 miles away and there is a Lowes across the street. There is also a nice Publix in town. Everything is fairly close and off US 231.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

Stopped for an overnight on our way north. Most sites are level concrete. Roads wide hard packed gravel. FHU's mid site good. Propane easy drive up, but in a back park of the park. Cable has many channels. Did not try OTA. Very good Verizon, T-Mobile 2 bars 4-G. There are sections that are treed and a section satellite friendly. Our site 80 was sat. friendly site area. Did not have to unhook toad. Large laundry with many machines. Escort to site during hours. Pool. Lots of grass for rover. Well kept park, full time people here, but sites neat. Near highway but no noise. Would have been a 10 if the wifi worked. Seems to be a ongoing problem here. Everything else was good. Would stay here again. We camped at Deer Run RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Deer Run RV Park

Are you affiliated with Deer Run RV Park ?