Calgary West Campground

Recent Rate: $50 6/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no

Farmer Tex

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $50.00

Good location for us on the west side. Site was level, clean and plenty long enough for big rigs. The park design is to share hookups from a common location so that you have one rig facing east and one rig facing west which means not a lot of distance between the two. Other than that, no problems. I would most likely stay here again if going through Calgary again. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tschachers

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $50.00

The parking pads were level, but there was no level area for the table. We had water restrictions when we arrived and had to boil our water. Otherwise it was convenient to the train stations for attending the Calgary Stampede. We would stay there again. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

revs2010

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $36.00

Restrooms were acceptable but would not call them clean. Park was crowded and needed more frequent attention. Trash around the building never picked up during our 3-day stay. Crowded park, sites very close together. Road and train noise was loud. Can't imagine anyone not hearing it throughout the night. We stayed without reservation during Stampede and paid for our lack of planning. Would not return. Overpriced for a site with no services, even during Stampede week. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Truck Camper.

RagFtw

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $46.00

Quiet location with no road noise. Check in staff were pleasant and helpful. Store was well stocked and prices were reasonable. Sites are small with two rigs parked side by side in pull-through sites. There is ample room to extend slides if both parties are courteous in their parking. Our neighbor had problem with 30 amp breaker tripping at less than 20 amps. Breakers appear to be old and some may be weak. We had no problems with ours when we were pulling 25 amps. It was below freezing at night and with all the electric heaters running voltage would drop to around 110 VAC. Wi-Fi was very strong in our spot (A-31). We would stay here again. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

WinnebagoTraveler

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $46.00

I am usually a pretty easy grader of campsites as we are totally self contained and have no pets, so our needs are usually just a place to park at night. Our experience with this place was pretty bad. We were assigned a space and plugged into the 30 amp plug. While we were out, the space next to us was assigned, and the person plugged into our same utility pole in the 20 amp outlet. At some point our progressive electrical management system shut down our RV as the voltage fell below 104 volts Thank heaven we have that feature on our RV. When we got back the voltage was still only reading 107, so we pretty much shut everything off and went to bed. The next morning as soon as the person next to us left,, the voltage went to 120. We went to the desk clerk and asked that no one be put in that spot for our final night, but they said they couldn't guarantee that. They agreed to move us. Just want to warn people that your electrical appliances can be at risk in this park. We will not stay here again. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

BANNER

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $50.00

Roads quite rough and dusty. Site could not accomodate motorhome and toad. Vist was just before Calgary Stampede and owners had take it or leave it attitude. Very difficult to find. We would not return We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

Pkoster

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $47.00

Gravel roads with lots of dust. Small sites, very narrow. Many sites do not have a level spot for a picnic table or chairs. Some sites have one electrical box with a first come first service for use of the 30 amp service, you will need an extension cord for those sites. No privacy between sites at all. Bathrooms are old and generally disgusting, could use a couple of more showers. Store is almost empty. People are friendly and helpful. Buildings are old and in need of repair and paint. Pool is clean but man was it cold. Wi-Fi at main building. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

User2568

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $48.00

Average campground. Hard to get to: on a service road off the main highway. Had to go through a round-about to get onto service road. Sites were not clean. When full ,each level location has two sites, with RV's back to back. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

Dennis Reid

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $40.00

A poor excuse for a campground. We were put in "B" section on top of the hill. There is no sewer in this section. The lot we were on was very unlevel with only one power pole for two lots. The pole has only one 30amp and one 20amp outlet. According to the office staff, it's first come first serve on the 30amp. That's nuts. The gravel roads are awful and washed out from rain. They advertise free wi-fi. However, you have to sit with others in the office just to get a signal. This is usually the case with most campgrounds anyway. I would not stay here again. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

Tonyl

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $48.00

Well, I have to agree with the other reviewers. This place had been open a week and was definitely not ready for business. We moved three times trying to find a water connection but gave up. We lost power in the middle of the night due to a faulty ground wire in the park. I thought the problem was my inverter/converter and called my insurance for a claim number. I called a mobile RV repair company )who quickly diagnosed the problem and refused to charge me for the call out. I had a heated battle with the office person who reluctantly refunded me so I paid $33 for a no hook-up site. The only RV park heated pool in Calgary was a green slime mess with a picnic table floating in it. I would never come here again. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Travel Trailer.

John1221

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $45.00

We love this campground and highly recommend it! They have laundry facilities and a beautiful location atop a hill overlooking Calgary! Peace and quiet in the City! Fantastic location and the customer service was excellent. You will not be disappointed with your stay here! We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Travel Trailer.

aznumwa339

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $45.00

Very disappointing. This is one of those KOA retreads. Like the older KOAs, it's not set up for big rigs. I have a 36' 5th wheel and can't park my truck at the site. The sites are carved into a hill side, and the picnic table is at a 45 degree angle. I'd find some other park unless you need to be in the area. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

puckdad

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $45.00

We reserved a full hookup back-in site 2 months prior to our visit. We arrived and were given our site # and found it still occupied, so we walked back to the office and the response was, "Really, well it should be empty." The site next to it was empty so they gave us that one. Unhooked the trailer and had the boys setting the jacks when I decided to plug into the 30A so we could get the A/C going (it was hot out). The power post is shared with the neighbouring site, which didn't bother me, but when I lifted the cover there was only 1 30A receptacle and the neighbour was plugged into it. Another walk down to the office was met with, "So the issue is that you can't use your A/C?" It was right then I noticed multiple signs posted saying that "Verbal abuse towards employees will not be tolerated." Hmmmm. I said, "So I paid for full hookups and because I didn't get to my site first that means I missed out on the 30A plug?" A blank look was given back to me. Sigh. After offering a few other sites with the same issue I was given one that was suitable. Found the Laundry and was pleased to see that they had 4 washers as we had 12 days of stuff to wash. Only 2 dryers were working so we loaded 'em up and promptly had them eat our quarters. Another walk down to the Office. She said, "Oh, I guess the money box is full." When I asked if someone could remedy it a simple "No" was her response. My wife said, "So we have to haul our 4 loads of wet laundry down here to dry then?" She responds, "If you want them dry then I guess so." Bottom line: A campground run by NON-CAMPERS. Facilities are OK, but the attitude is not. Will not return. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Barber1998

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $47.00

Tight spaces, unlevel spaces, dusty, difficult to get into spaces due to the park being mostly on a hill. They own the town, so grin and bear it. If you need to see Calgary, this is about it. They need to upgrade their sites. They are making the money but it is not going in the park. The Wi-Fi lounge is a JOKE ! We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Motorhome.

lrp374

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $41.00

Price is for a 30A water only site. Park has easy access and is quite spacious, at least in the area we were. It is obviously an old KOA. We were pleased with the entire park The only thing they need to do is pave the major roads or apply a chemical to keep the dust down. We would stay again just for the convenience. We camped at Calgary West Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Calgary West Campground?