Devon Lions Campground

Recent Rate: $33 7/2014

Longitude: -113.707208633423

• yes-river Waterfront

Danno

Beautiful stopover on the Saskatchewan River and outskirts of Edmonton AB. There are a lot of seasonal campers but they were friendly and not too junky. Our site was a long back in but it wasn't very level. They have a variety of sites in the park from a few very long pull-throughs to grassy back-ins. Ample open grass space for kids to play and multiple playgrounds. Satellite access is iffy with the trees as most sites are shaded. Rogers cell phone coverage was weak. Park Wi-Fi only worked if I was close to the office. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Thedogsma

We camped right next to the N Saskatchewan river. Free showers. Well maintained with many full time residents. Under flight path of Edmonton airport but quiet at night. Lots of walking trails along the river and into town. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Motorhome.

Connie's Co-Owner

This is a very friendly, well maintained park with lots of seasonal guests who's sites look better than a lot of people's houses. It is a very nice park to walk around. There is a gate that closes at night to keep people out, but you can leave at any time. We would stay here again. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Motorhome.

Gunnar

Nice park right by the river. Many seasonal/fulltimers. Well looked after. Clean washrooms and showers. Playground for the kids. When visiting Alberta, this is a spot we always stop at. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Pumacamper

We stayed here for 4 nights with 2 small children. Great campground for using as a home base to explore Edmonton as it is a 30 minute drive to the West Edmonton Mall. On weekends it feels pretty full because some sites are close together but that goes for almost any RV Park. Facilities were clean and staff were very friendly. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Travel Trailer.

maebers

Let me start that I have stayed at this campsite before and never had a problem. Two weeks prior to my stay on June 28 I had gone to the site A-2 that I was booked at to take a look at what the site was like. I found that the trailer that was in this site was so close to the next trailer that the awning just about touched the other trailer, of course I wasn't happy with that so I called the office and asked the lady if that is how big the site is I don't want it. The lady at the office had explained that there was a wedding going on and that they parked close together so they would have room on the other side. This person also said that this site is one of the premium sites so I believed what she said and didn't cancel. When I arrived on the 28th I found that what i had seen is correct and that the lady had mis-informed me. When we parked the trailer in the site and pulled out the awning it was 4 inches from the other trailer. No room for a fire pit or table. Talked to the managers of this park and they were rude and didn't care. Was told by the managers wife that if I didn't like that site to not book it again. She told me that all the sites are the same size, which is not true. I measure the site from pole to pole and it is 15.5 feet, this isn't a camping site its more like a parking stall. The managers were to help to me at all, they asked the trailer next to me to move over but they didn't. Asked the managers for a discount for this and they refused. They said if I didn't like it I could leave but not get our money back. I have to say that this campground is lacking in customer service and really need to revamp this site. The other sites next to it was at least 20 ft wide. Overall I was very disappointed and will not stay at this campground again. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Travel Trailer.

cindy7

We loved it! It was quiet and clean, with daily maintenance. Our family wanted to stay on a couple of more days. We will definitely stay here again and, recommend this site to our friends! We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Travel Trailer.

JCMDT

We phoned for reservations after reviewing their website. We specifically requested 30A with water for 4 nights and were confirmed, but given the 15A rate! When we questioned the rate posted on the website, we were told that was last year's webpage and they have not raised their rates. We again confirmed 30A at $29/night. That was confirmed. After we arrived, and paid (cash only: no refunds) we were given a map (same as that on the website) with color coding for the 30A site we had reserved. When we got to the site, their was only 15A service. Returning to the office to find out where the 30A sites were, we were told that the map was wrong and there were no 30A sites available. But we could get a full-service site (which we did not want nor need) for only $7 more per night! Their office staff is certainly friendly, but I am not fond of "bait and switch." Had we been told that there were no 30A sites available for 4 nights when we called for reservations, we would have selected a different campground. Be warned, the map is wrong! I doubt if we will ever stay here again, due to the poor reservation practices. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

DerekandRachel

We stayed here two weekends in a row, early in the season. Sewer was not working yet as still frozen. We still had to pay full price which was irritating but they justified it somehow. We really liked this CG. Very friendly, clean and well maintained. We will stay here again, in fact we are booked for a week in July and have moved our Wedding Reception to this location due to their great dog policy! Wood is $7 bag. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Denali

200+ sites, many of which are seasonals. All the seasonals are very well maintained. Roads are paved or excellent gravel. Sites are gravel, with manicured grass between them. Beautifully maintained park, but the sites are far too close together when they are full. Between family reunions and golf tournaments, it is full a lot. Very family-oriented park on the North Saskatchewan River. Big rig accessible. About 15 miles from the West Edmonton Mall (THE Mall). $32CN (including tax) for a 50 amp full-hookup pull-through. Other sites are cheaper. Free WiFi, but only at the office. Adjacent to a golf course. We would stay there again. We camped at Devon Lions Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Devon Lions Campground?